• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Theo Resigns

kevinb

12 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I know we just got our new guy. But I would love if there was any possible way Arte can sign this guy to make him apart of the Angels organization. Can never have enough smart people. 

Obviously not going to happen but it would never happen even if we didn't have a GM already. Maddon and he don't get along and that's why we got Joe to come to the Angels.

27 minutes ago, Ariamus said:

Obviously not going to happen but it would never happen even if we didn't have a GM already. Maddon and he don't get along and that's why we got Joe to come to the Angels.

If it were between Maddon and Theo. I'd sign Theo 1000 times in a row. Maddon and managers mean nothing to me. Gm's and front office personnel are far more important for the present and future of a franchise than a field manager. 

14 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

If it were between Maddon and Theo. I'd sign Theo 1000 times in a row. Maddon and managers mean nothing to me. Gm's and front office personnel are far more important for the present and future of a franchise than a field manager. 

So you'd fire Maddon so that Epstein could join the organization?

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So you'd fire Maddon so that Epstein could join the organization?

Yes yesterday. Do I think that happens. Absolutely not. But personally I'd rather not have a 66 year old manager. I would rather my front office have as many smart people as possible. But this isn't the reason I started this thread. I saw he resigned and just want Theo to be apart of this organization. Hell I'd go after Billy Beane and Theo to try to build the greatest front office in baseball. 

1 hour ago, Ariamus said:

Epstein says he's taking some time off but that he's not done with baseball. I believe the latter and am unconvinced as to the former. I gotta believe the Mets job has to have a lot of people licking their lips.

There's also speculation that he now wants to be an owner of a team.

38 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

The Angels already experienced a GM who quit.  What makes you think hiring another GM experienced in quitting is good move?

There is a story as to why Theo "resigned."  I would like to know what it is before jumping on that bandwagon.  Remember, Theo essentially thought Maddon was the problem in Chicago and replaced him with someone more suitable.  One year later, he resigns.....hmmmmm

No thanks.

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

The Angels already experienced a GM who quit.  What makes you think hiring another GM experienced in quitting is good move?

There is a story as to why Theo "resigned."  I would like to know what it is before jumping on that bandwagon.  Remember, Theo essentially thought Maddon was the problem in Chicago and replaced him with someone more suitable.  One year later, he resigns.....hmmmmm

No thanks.

I don't care what his reasons are why he quit or why he was "pushed out" All I know is the guy wins and builds winners. The Red Sox were built by this guy who won multiple titles, then was "pushed out" "quit" went to the Cubs won there and "quit" "pushed out" I would hire him in a second. To be what exactly I don't know, I am excited about our new GM. But like I said I wouldn't hesitate to add more smart baseball people to this Angels organization. I'd go after Beane as well. Smart baseball people the both of them. 

Hey, he won twice and at places with history against them -- so he has scoreboard.  Still, i think he's given way too much credit for those two wins and considered this all-mighty great GM mind.  What did he leave those teams and their organization like when he left?  I think the Cubs especially is odd -- they won, but they have greatly underperformed since.  they were setup perfect with some great young pieces coming up and just starting.....and done nothing but gone backwards.  But really, it's a perception thing for me.  Good...maybe really good.  But an all-timer who everything he touches turns to gold? -- umm, i think the shine has come off of that and shown some imperfections among the greatness.  But what the heck do i know....just one guy's (possibly wrong) opinion. 

4 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I don't care what his reasons are why he quit or why he was "pushed out" All I know is the guy wins and builds winners. The Red Sox were built by this guy who won multiple titles, then was "pushed out" "quit" went to the Cubs won there and "quit" "pushed out" I would hire him in a second. To be what exactly I don't know, I am excited about our new GM. But like I said I wouldn't hesitate to add more smart baseball people to this Angels organization. I'd go after Beane as well. Smart baseball people the both of them. 

This is the thinking of most people who buy and wear Patagonia, or North Face puffy coats. They simply see the name and want to be part of an adventure they will never have because it happened some place else with other people. 

I prefer Carhart.

2 hours ago, Fourts said:

Hey, he won twice and at places with history against them -- so he has scoreboard.  Still, i think he's given way too much credit for those two wins and considered this all-mighty great GM mind.  What did he leave those teams and their organization like when he left?  I think the Cubs especially is odd -- they won, but they have greatly underperformed since.  they were setup perfect with some great young pieces coming up and just starting.....and done nothing but gone backwards.  But really, it's a perception thing for me.  Good...maybe really good.  But an all-timer who everything he touches turns to gold? -- umm, i think the shine has come off of that and shown some imperfections among the greatness.  But what the heck do i know....just one guy's (possibly wrong) opinion. 

Theo at the age of 46 has won 3 titles and the team he left in place in Boston won another one if I am not mistaken shortly after he left with the team he constructed. The guys been at the top of baseball organizations for 17 years and has won 3 titles. I am genuinely curious because I don't know the answer, who else would you put in his circle over the last let's say 20 years? Cashman with 4 titles? Friedman has won 1 with many more probably to come. Beane who I view as one of the best GM's hasn't won any so I don't know? 

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

This is the thinking of most people who buy and wear Patagonia, or North Face puffy coats. They simply see the name and want to be part of an adventure they will never have because it happened some place else with other people. 

I prefer Carhart.

You prefer another expensive brand jacket I am confused? I don't own North Face Patagonia or Carhartt. But if you like Carhartt more power to you. I don't like any of them, I prefer not spending 500 bucks on a snowboard jacket I will gladly buy them on amazon and get the knock off version, and spend my money on lift tickets and drinks at the bar. 

3 hours ago, eligrba said:

I prefer Carhart.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

3 hours ago, Fourts said:

you're welcome to have whatever opinion you like, but damn dude, you have some high standards. what more could you possibly expect from him? who's done more than theo epstein? he'll literally be in the hof some day as a gm.