• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which prospects will Minasian trade?

Second Base

16 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Definitely might be a valuable trade asset. Not sure who needs a 1B/DH type but it's worth a look.

1b/dh types have little to no trade value from what i've seen. other teams have plenty of guys they can use there and/or they like to keep that slot open to rotate players in.

13 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I hope we find out how much Arte is planning on spending at the Minasian introductory zoom conference on Tuesday.

I doubt this is publicly revealed.  The focus will be on Minasian and what he intends to build with the Angels, what he will focus on, etc.  Probably a lot of the same stuff we heard him say already on 830 the other day, I would imagine.

From the few interviews Perry has gone since getting hired. The notion that i am getting, is that unless it a special/specific player, don't expect a big prospect involved trade. Which i am fine with. The games all about the young talent, and development. Which perry wants to add/improve.

Overall i'm excited about the hiring and looking forward to next season. .  

Reading thru these comments, it sound like its OK if Mike Trout never plays in the postseason again and that he finishes his career with just one postseason hit.  I want to hear GM to say we are going to do everything it takes to get to the postseason. I would trade anybody that is not a pitcher. If not, then trade Trout for 17 pitchers and a big bat and start over again. How long do you think Trout will be in his prime? I say he will be in decline by 2024 if not sooner. He will still be very good but greatness fades.  He is a big man and father time is going to take its toll. 

If I could go back and talk to my younger self about trades, I would tell young Dtwncbad that you can't land a premium player with QUANTITY by just adding more C level bodies.

If you want a premium player and you intend to trade prospects to get that player, the prospects have to also be premium.

So any discussion we all have with the intention of landing a really, really good pitching cannot also rationally include wishful thinking like, "in exchange for any three prospects not named Adell, Marsh, Adams, . . ."

It just doesn't work like that.

If I want a Ferrari, there really is no quantity of 2004 Honda Civics I can trade to make that work.  Someone trading a Ferrari isn't interested in owning a bunch of Honda Civics.

24 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

We now know that Arte is keeping the payroll at least the same in 2021, meaning at least $30 million is available to use.

it's probably closer to $20 mil.  At least that's what I'm gonna assume.  If it ends up being 30mil then great.  I'm still skeptical that it would be.  

8 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

If I could go back and talk to my younger self about trades, I would tell young Dtwncbad that you can't land a premium player with QUANTITY by just adding more C level bodies.

If you want a premium player and you intend to trade prospects to get that player, the prospects have to also be premium.

So any discussion we all have with the intention of landing a really, really good pitching cannot also rationally include wishful thinking like, "in exchange for any three prospects not named Adell, Marsh, Adams, . . ."

It just doesn't work like that.

If I want a Ferrari, there really is no quantity of 2004 Honda Civics I can trade to make that work.  Someone trading a Ferrari isn't interested in owning a bunch of Honda Civics.

Would you listen?