• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Going To A Game Alone

Thinking about it today. Off at 3. Work walking distance to the stadium. I went to a movie alone yesterday afternoon on my day off to watch fast 6 bc my gf was @ work.I do that all the time during the week bc im off random days. So question has anyone ever done it? I more than likely am today for the first time.

Thinking about it today. Off at 3. Work walking distance to the stadium. I went to a movie alone yesterday afternoon on my day off to watch fast 6 bc my gf was @ work.I do that all the time during the week bc im off random days. So question has anyone ever done it? I more than likely am today for the first time.

A couple years ago, I went to a game by myself because I just got my license and nobody else wanted to go.

Then I went again a few weeks later when my friend had to bail last second so I still went. 

It's actually kind of fun, kinda just get your own baseball experience to yourself. 

Back in the late '90s I did it once. My wife and daughter wanted to spend the day at Newport Beach. I'm not into spending hours on the seashore, in large part because I'm fair skinned and burn very easily. Add to that the fact that I grew up on the Atlantic coast and I'm used to ocean temperatures closer to 80 than 60. One of the days we were in town the Angels had an afternoon game against the Rockies. I dropped them off at NB, went to the game, then shot down the 55 and picked them up just as they were ready to go. Perfect day.

Going to games solo is a useful experience.  You are able to focus on the game alot better and you get much more out of the actual game.  You can study the game.

One other thing is that you become very aware of the crowd and you get embarassed by some of the behavior.  Especially when you realize you did some of the same stuff.  Going solo changes your perspective. 

Couple of years ago on a Sunday, I dropped my daughter off in San Diego and was heading back home to Lancaster and decided to catch a game by myself.  I got to the stadium right as the game was starting, which bugged me (always like to be there a bit early).  I was waiting in line to by my solo ticket and a lady came up and asked if I was going alone, and I said yes.  She said she had a free ticket for me, a friend was supposed to use it but didn't show up, and I could have it if I wanted.  I said yes without really thinking.  Turns out it was in section 211.  Score!  

As others have said, when you go by yourself you really focus on the game.  It's an interesting experience.

I have gone to a couple games alone because of free tickets, and it was fine. Actually had great seats too. Sometimes I like to go right when the gates open for BP to get catch some balls, so it works out. I think we all know, sometimes its hard to get a group of people to go, pay, meet up, etc. I actually got to see Pujols' first HR as an Angel @ Angel Stadium because I decided I would spend $12 and went by myself. And I was glad I did!

I went to the movies alone only one time, to see The Dark Knight Rises for a matinee on its final day in the theaters. I just felt like I should go one more time. There was only 1 other person in the theater and we stayed all the way through the credits. When it ended I said aloud "F***in' dope maaan!" and the other guy was like "hell yeah!" Hahaha.. 

Other things I like doing alone: shopping and going to theme parks like Six Flags. I take my time and roam as I please. Single rider line, thank you!

I have friends and a girl but sometimes its nice to just be by yourself and clear your head and get away. 

Plus you can do whatever you want without anyone bitching and moaning! I actually get along great with myself!

I can honestly say I have yet to go alone to a game, but I have done everything else by myself.Movies, theme park. The beach. The bf and I don't chat very much during a game, because we are there to watch the game so sometimes it is kinda like being alone until he realizes he's dating that crazy chick yelling :"For the love of god, shut up already!" at women and men who have absolutely no idea what is going on and just like to talk about everything else but the game. Had one experience like that at Dodger Stadium were some lady would not stop calling Matt Kemp, Matty Kemp. It was in the most shrill annoying cougar type of voice ever. I really had to stop myself from turning around and slapping her. 

Couple of years ago on a Sunday, I dropped my daughter off in San Diego and was heading back home to Lancaster and decided to catch a game by myself.  I got to the stadium right as the game was starting, which bugged me (always like to be there a bit early).  I was waiting in line to by my solo ticket and a lady came up and asked if I was going alone, and I said yes.  She said she had a free ticket for me, a friend was supposed to use it but didn't show up, and I could have it if I wanted.  I said yes without really thinking.  Turns out it was in section 211.  Score!  

As others have said, when you go by yourself you really focus on the game.  It's an interesting experience.

My friend has seats in 109 row B and we did this once with an extra ticket. The guy was from Montana and was so surprised by where the seat was and was so nice and grateful.. My friend and him ended up going out until he had to go back to Montana.