• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A Case for Blanton over Williams

Just one quick reply here, as someone who has been around for majority of Jerome's career... I can vouch that he is almost always a better second half pitcher and usually starts out slow. This year has been a good one because the only time he started out slow was in the spring. That being said he will do what he has to do to help the team, no matter what role it is. His one negative for himself is a positive for the team in that he is versatile and can pitch either role.

Great reply. I am of the opinion that Jerome has earned the right to start. Jerome has pitched fabulous ball, plus the fact that he does whatever the team needs in order to be successful. He's a class person, with the type of character that makes a person want to pull for him.

If I have any fault in the matter, it was in my construction of the title.  I can see how it was misleading.  Nevertheless, for the thousandth time, I don't think Jerome Williams should be taken out of the rotation.  It would be a huge mistake.  

This is a more difficult decision than just looking at Jerome's results so far. It so has to do with getting the best out of the other pitchers. Since neither of them have spent any time comi out of the pen, they are a big question mark in that role. I know this doesn't seem like it should be a big deal but it is more than it would seem.  As was said previously, Jerome's versatility is a great asset for the team but in some ways it works against him. This is one of those cases. 

I do think Blanton has been pitching much better and I think Hansen will come around.At the same time, I hope they both have short leashes if they struggle and Williams gets another chance. Jerome has certainly done his part. 

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-0606-angels-notes-20130606,0,4090680.story

"Jerome Williams has the lowest earned-run average among the Angels starters at 2.56. He ranks fourth in the league, just ahead of Seattle Mariners ace Felix Hernandez. The only AL starters with a lower ERA are Clay Buchholz of the Boston Red SoxHisashi Iwakuma of the Mariners and Chris Sale of the Chicago White Sox."

No reason he deserved to be put back in the bullpen. Sorry.

For a team that has struggled with its starting pitching, he needs to be out there eating as many innings as possible. 

There's no wonder this team is struggling. The players that perform don't necessarily earn roles.