• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LaRussa charged with DUI

Angels 1961

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

lmao

Chicago White Sox manager Tony La Russa was charged with driving under the influence after he allegedly ran his car into a curb in February, leaving it smoking on the side of a Phoenix-area road, according to court records obtained by ESPN.

La Russa was stopped near the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, and he told the officer he had hit something and had a tire blow out, according to the affidavit. 

Good thing the hit something wasn't a person.  

12 hours ago, Revad said:

That was my thought also- the Angels must have known, yet never saw it in the press.

let's be clear here. if the angels put any statement out to the press about his legal affairs before they were made public by the authorities he would sue them and win quite easily. it's not like this was something nefarious on their parts. there's nothing for them to do, other than fire him at the appropriate time and that need fell to the wayside. i think it shows reinsdorf's deafness with the current times by going ahead and hiring him.

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I feel like it’s little things like this that reflect poorly on the top of the Angels organization. After awhile it starts to make sense why the team has sucked.

I think you need to take a deep breath. After all, it’s not as if the Angels signed a known drug addict which would definitely reflect badly on the Angels organization.

I remember at spring training this year (seems like a lifetime ago), Tony LaRussa was sitting in some seats behind us when the fans who paid for the seats showed up with their beers. 

These were converted Angels fans from St. Louis who were big Pujols fans.  

They were laughing their asses off when I told them that the old man they booted was Pujols old manager, Tony LaRussa. 

ESiJR98U8AAHkMm.jpegESiJSerUYAA-jsS.jpeg

5 hours ago, ukyah said:

let's be clear here. if the angels put any statement out to the press about his legal affairs before they were made public by the authorities he would sue them and win quite easily. it's not like this was something nefarious on their parts. there's nothing for them to do, other than fire him at the appropriate time and that need fell to the wayside. i think it shows reinsdorf's deafness with the current times by going ahead and hiring him.

how about 'resigned for personal reasons'?  

the whole thing is a bit odd.  Paperwork snafu?