• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLBTradeRumors Free Agent Predictions

totdprods

Don't get me wrong, those all seem like fine acquisitions. I'm just not really convinced they make the difference. 

Stroman helps the rotation big time. Minor gives you innings, I'm just not convinced those innings would be better quality than what you might get from any other bargain bin 5th starter. 

And Semien, I see no reason to believe his 2019 was anything more than a Brady Anderson year. I'd rather they save the money and roll with Barreto and Rengifo. 

8 hours ago, Blarg said:

He is the only multi positional infielder in the organization right now that can play at the MLB level. He won't be on the market. 

David Fletcher? Franklin Barreto?

Or they just sign one of many available. 

And as versatile as Rengifo is, he’s still only played 2B, a bit of SS, and a couple innings at 3rd. 

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Fletcher is already the SS. He has a roster spot. Barreto is damaged goods. Rengifo played an equal amount of his minor league innings at SS as 2nd base. 

I highly doubt any of those are reasons to deem Rengifo untouchable. He was obviously one of the youngsters they were most agreeable to moving last winter, and one of the ones that drew the most interest. 

His performance in 2020 might have dinged him enough that, coupled with a new GM, he could very well be kept, but I think he, Thaiss, Adams, Jones, and Suarez/Barria are all going to be fairly open game on the trade market this winter. Not all, but we will see a couple moved, I think. 

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Last winter they had Simmons. 

And this winter they’ve already been linked to two midinfielders, a deep market with depressed prices. I think they’ll sign one, making Rengifo expendable in a trade for pitching, a relatively thin market.

25 minutes ago, totdprods said:

And this winter they’ve already been linked to two midinfielders, a deep market with depressed prices. I think they’ll sign one, making Rengifo expendable in a trade for pitching, a relatively thin market.

I would like to see them hold on to Rengifo as a utility guy even if they sign someone like Wong. He's still developing and I think his value could increase. But if his inclusion in a trade helps get you a quality SP you have to consider it.

6 minutes ago, Yes We Can said:

I would like to see them hold on to Rengifo as a utility guy even if they sign someone like Wong. He's still developing and I think his value could increase. But if his inclusion in a trade helps get you a quality SP you have to consider it.

Rengifo is one of my favorite prospects, and I think he has a ton of potential. If his value was dinged significantly, of course I keep him. But I think enough teams will still have interest in him to where he could be a key piece in a SP trade. 

• 2 months later...