• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLBTradeRumors Free Agent Predictions

totdprods

They’re now posted here with commentary.

Thoughts?

They have the Angels predicted for Stroman, Semien, Rosenthal, and Minor, a quartet I actually wouldn’t mind. Of course, it doesn’t necessarily mean all four in the same scenario too.

Edited by totdprods

• totdprods changed the title to MLBTradeRumors Free Agent Predictions

Not bad at all, But i don't think we need to really go after Semien, When we can find a cheaper value option to play 2nd and still get good value.

Another thing, it'll be interesting to see whether the dodger will be willing to give Bauer 32 mil a year contract, considering how Seager is a free agent the upcoming season, Bellinger is getting more expensive, than Turner is a free agent, and a few key Bp arms are free agents.  Either they'll resign Turner or go after Bauer. 

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Not bad at all, But i don't think we need to really go after Semien, When we can find a cheaper value option to play 2nd and still get good value.

Another thing, it'll be interesting to see whether the dodger will be willing to give Bauer 32 mil a year contract, considering how Seager is a free agent the upcoming season, Bellinger is getting more expensive, than Turner is a free agent, and a few key Bp arms are free agents.  Either they'll resign Turner or go after Bauer. 

We need a lefty bat.

Personally, I would focus on 2B, which will be much cheaper to fill than SS, and have Fletcher be our regular SS.

Wong, Hernandez - one of these two can likely be had for a very modest price.  Both are really good defensive 2B and hit left-handed.

My preference is to still pursue Bauer strongly, but if that doesn't pan out, then spread out our financial resources to get a 2B, significant bullpen help (relievers look to be really cheap), and maybe even a LHH OF (Joc Pederson?).

If we can fill all those spots rather cheaply, we can try to trade some assets for a young, cheap SP, and perhaps sign someone like Minor to fill out the rotation.

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

Personally, I would focus on 2B, which will be much cheaper to fill than SS, and have Fletcher be our regular SS.

Wong, Hernandez - one of these two can likely be had for a very modest price.  Both are really good defensive 2B and hit left-handed.

My preference is to still pursue Bauer strongly, but if that doesn't pan out, then spread out our financial resources to get a 2B, significant bullpen help (relievers look to be really cheap), and maybe even a LHH OF (Joc Pederson?).

If we can fill all those spots rather cheaply, we can try to trade some assets for a young, cheap SP, and perhaps sign someone like Minor to fill out the rotation.

Not a fan of Joc Pederson unless we got him cheap on a 1 year deal. I have always liked Hernandez with his high obp. Bauer I do not feel is coming to halos, Callaway and him did not get along in Cleveland.

8 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Not a fan of Joc Pederson unless we got him cheap on a 1 year deal. I have always liked Hernandez with his high obp. Bauer I do not feel is coming to halos, Callaway and him did not get along in Cleveland.

That's my thinking.  If we could get him on a 1/8 type deal, I think that's a pretty good bargain.  He could form the strong side of a platoon in RF with Ward (or hell, even with Upton maybe).  For his level of production, that'd certainly be undervalued.

If we signed Hernandez (2B), Joc (RF/LF), two significant relievers (Treinen/Hand?), a backend SP (like Minor or a whole bunch of others who are on the market), then used some of our prospect depth to acquire a significant SP (like what we did with Bundy), that'd be a fairly effective way to spread our money and fill a lot of gaps.  It wouldn't be as alluring as a big fish like Bauer, but let's flesh it out for a moment:

Hernandez (2/10), Joc (1/8), Treinen (2/14), Hand (2/12), backend SP (1/8), then flip Adell for Pleasac in the theoretical deal I discussed, we could have really plugged up a lot of weaknesses at a fairly cost-effective route.

Consider:  Fletcher SS, Walsh 1B, Trout CF, Rendon 3B, Pederson RF, Upton LF, Ohtani DH, Stassi C, Hernandez 2B.  This is a stacked lineup with really solid IF/C defense.  OF is still probably below average, but this buys Marsh time to get ready, and he can gradually start to work his way into the lineup by mid/end season.

Rotation:  Bundy, Pleasac, Heaney, Canning, Barria/Minor, Ohtani.

Bullpen:  Hand, Treinen, Mayers, Pena, Andriese, Sandoval, Ramirez, Middleton, etc..

9 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

That's my thinking.  If we could get him on a 1/8 type deal, I think that's a pretty good bargain.  He could form the strong side of a platoon in RF with Ward (or hell, even with Upton maybe).  For his level of production, that'd certainly be undervalued.

If we signed Hernandez (2B), Joc (RF/LF), two significant relievers (Treinen/Hand?), a backend SP (like Minor or a whole bunch of others who are on the market), then used some of our prospect depth to acquire a significant SP (like what we did with Bundy), that'd be a fairly effective way to spread our money and fill a lot of gaps.  It wouldn't be as alluring as a big fish like Bauer, but let's flesh it out for a moment:

Hernandez (2/10), Joc (1/8), Treinen (2/14), Hand (2/12), backend SP (1/8), then flip Adell for Pleasac in the theoretical deal I discussed, we could have really plugged up a lot of weaknesses at a fairly cost-effective route.

Consider:  Fletcher SS, Walsh 1B, Trout CF, Rendon 3B, Pederson RF, Upton LF, Ohtani DH, Stassi C, Hernandez 2B.  This is a stacked lineup with really solid IF/C defense.  OF is still probably below average, but this buys Marsh time to get ready, and he can gradually start to work his way into the lineup by mid/end season.

Rotation:  Bundy, Pleasac, Heaney, Canning, Barria/Minor, Ohtani.

Bullpen:  Hand, Treinen, Mayers, Pena, Andriese, Sandoval, Ramirez, Middleton, etc..

Hernandez signed a 1 year deal for 6 mill last year and lead league in doubles.

24 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Hernandez signed a 1 year deal for 6 mill last year and lead league in doubles.

Ok, sure, I'll happily take that.

While our greatest need is SP, we do have a number of holes and a limited amount of financial resources.  I am all for the most cost-effective way that will lead to the most improvement of this team.  If that means instead of Bauer, we sign a 2B, strong-side platoon OF, two legit relievers, and a backend SP, I think that is a much better utilization of financial resources.

54 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Wong has a career .717 ops. Not all that enthusiastic about adding a kinda ok player. 

Last three years he’s at .269/.349/.393/.742, 100 OPS+, and probably closer to what can be expected.

Plus, Jeremy Reed has done some good work with lefty hitters adding power. He’s at a good age and elite defensively. I’d support it.

That is playing in familiar territory and playing just league average. To me that is a guy you could look at if the team is finished except for one player left and the budget is tight.

But right now the Angels are in need of pitching and, hate to say, Rengifo may just be the in house solution. Given a full year he may just play to league average with the bat, at worst his defensive ability to play SS as well may put him on the roster anyway. 

Barely league average guys are in house, not free agency picks.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

That is playing in familiar territory and playing just league average. To me that is a guy you could look at if the team is finished except for one player left and the budget is tight.

But right now the Angels are in need of pitching and, hate to say, Rengifo may just be the in house solution. Given a full year he may just play to league average with the bat, at worst his defensive ability to play SS as well may put him on the roster anyway. 

Barely league average guys are in house, not free agency picks.

Rengifo is probably trade bait too.