• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

YOU Build the 2021 Angels // YOUR Offseason Plan

totdprods

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I get what you're saying and I agree with most of it. 
I just view it as a top prospect swap for top prospect. To me, I would be okay with trading Adell for a top pitching prospect so we can still have that "room for growth". If they need financial freedom and an outfielder then Adell fits. I also think that us willing to take Myers' salary would perhaps have San Diego be willing to throw in a top arm. 

I just get worried with saying Richards and Moore would fill in for Ohtani and Canning if injury occurs. That seems like a thing our front office would say and it hasn't worked for a few years now.
Just looking at the past 4-5 World Series winning teams shows they've got about 2 aces. Sure, having a solid rotation of a bunch of #3 guys gets deep into games, but it won't win a World Series. 

Yeah I definitely thought of that specifically. Are Moore and Richards really the sort you want filling in if Ohtani and Canning can't figure it out? The conclusion I reached is yes, and here's why.

1. Both have pitched at a very high level before. It doesn't mean they'll do it again, but they most certainly won't be experiencing the bright lights and third deck for the first time.

2. That's why the trade with San Diego was specifically appealing. There's some upside to Morejon and Weathers. Lots of it. If they're the guys you turn to, there's some chance that it'll work out great because they have high ceilings. It's not like you're turning to Matt Andriese and Packy Naughton who both are going to give you swingman or back of the rotation performances. 

- I specifically went with a quantity over quality return with San Diego to mitigate risk. Let's say it's straight up, Adell for Gore. The Padres are taking a huge risk because if Adell gets hurt it's pretty much an automatic net loss for them, and a big one at that. Conversely, if Gore got hurt, as pitchers tend to do, then the Angels definitely lose that deal. But by spreading the return for the Angels among three pitchers and a corner outfielder, it carries less risk. Similarly for the Padres, by not giving up their elite arms, they've minimized the risk they take on Adell. And worst care scenario, Adell gets hurt, well they still saved 20 million dollars and still have their aces. For the Angels, worst care scenario is Myers sinks but it's only going to hurt them for one year, and they got three very highly capable bullpen arms to build around. Not like it would be a win, but worst case scenario, it's also not a complete loss.

But I tends to think on the positive end of things. The Padres would save money and get an all-star OF that you team up with Tatis Jr. The Angels would get a good corner outfielder in his prime, a couple of mid rotation starters and a great bullpen option.

Edited by Second Base

OPTION A:

This is assuming I get players to waive NTC's and such
Available to spend: $30M

DFA Robles, Ramirez; Bedrosian opts for free agency +$7.8M
Available to spend: $37.8M

Trade Justin Upton, Andrew Heaney, Jordyn Adams, and Jose Suarez for (SP) Johnny Cueto and (C) Rayner Santana. Saves $7M AAV
Available to spend: $44.8M

Sign  Marcus Stroman 4yr/$68M - $17M AAV
Available to spend: $27.8M

Sign Corey Kluber 1yr/$12M - $12M AAV
Available to spend: $15.8M

Sign Ha-Seong Kim 5yr/$40M - $8M AAV
Available to spend: $7.8M

Sign Trevor Rosenthal 2yr/$14M - $7M AAV
Available to spend: $800k

Rotation: Kluber, Bundy, Stroman, Ohtani, Cueto, Canning, 

Bullpen: Rosenthal, Mayers, Sandoval, Barria, Buttrey, Pena, Andriese, Bard, Middleton

Catchers: Stassi, Bemboom

Infielders: Rendon, Fletcher, Ha-Seong Kim, Barreto, Pujols, Walsh

Outfielders: Trout, Adell, Ward, Marsh

Angels get a new rotation with seasoned vets that don't pose a huge risk for the future.
Angels also solve the middle infield question and get a catching prospect.
If that fails then just think after the 2021 season that Pujols, Kluber, and Cueto come off the books freeing up over $63M heading into 2022.

6 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yeah I definitely thought of that specifically. Are Moore and Richards really the sort you want filling in if Ohtani and Canning can't figure it out? The conclusion I reached is yes, and here's why.

1. Both have pitched at a very high level before. It doesn't mean they'll do it again, but they most certainly won't be experiencing the bright lights and third deck for the first time.

2. That's why the trade with San Diego was specifically appealing. There's some upside to Morejon and Weathers. Lots of it. If they're the guys you turn to, there's some chance that it'll work out great because they have high ceilings. It's not like you're turning to Matt Andriese and Packy Naughton who both are going to give you swingman or back of the rotation performances. 

- I specifically went with a quantity over quality return with San Diego to mitigate risk. Let's say it's straight up, Adell for Gore. The Padres are taking a huge risk because if Adell gets hurt it's pretty much an automatic net loss for them, and a big one at that. Conversely, if Gore got hurt, as pitchers tend to do, then the Angels definitely lose that deal. But by spreading the return for the Angels among three pitchers and a corner outfielder, it carries less risk. Similarly for the Padres, by not giving up their elite arms, they've minimized the risk they take on Adell. And worst care scenario, Adell gets hurt, well they still saved 20 million dollars and still have their aces. For the Angels, worst care scenario is Myers sinks but it's only going to hurt them for one year, and they got three very highly capable bullpen arms to build around. Not like it would be a win, but worst case scenario, it's also not a complete loss.

But I tends to think on the positive end of things. The Padres would save money and get an all-star OF that you team up with Tatis Jr. The Angels would get a good corner outfielder in his prime, a couple of mid rotation starters and a great bullpen option.

Good explanation! Makes sense for both sides

My moves: 

(1) Sign a reliable back of the rotation innings eater - Jose Quintana would be a good fit IMO (very durable, offers some upside).  Contract = 1/9

(2) Sign a solid middle infielder. La Maiheui would be great, but Gregorius or Semien would be good options too. Contract - 3/48 (with those three guys falling somewhere in that range - some cheaper, some more expensive).

(3) Sign two starting pitchers coming off down years or who have question marks, but who might out-produce expectations and won’t cost a fortune. I am think guys like Jon Gray (if non-tendered), Corey Kluber, Garrett Richards, Chris Archer, Jake Odorizzi, etc. I’d target guys with the stuff to pitch from the pen in the event we don’t need them in the rotation.  Contract - 1/7-2/14, x2

(4) Sign one good reliever with a proven track record. Brad Hand would be a great fit. Contract - 2/18-2/20

(5) Make a trade for a solid, low cost right fielder. I’d be open to moving Adell in the right trade. This would be a cost neutral move. 

This takes me close to $45 million, so I have exceeded my budget. But it would make for a potentially very good team if I hit on one or two of the arms. 

While I don't think the Halos will add 30m in payroll this off season, it's fun to think about.  Plus, I'm adding the 3m saved on Bedrosian because I'd have cut him.  Robles and his 4m are gone as well.  So that gives me 37m.  

I'll try to limit the option to less than 10 this year.  

#1 - 'a girl can dream can't she?' 

- Trade Adell, Jackson, Suarez or Sandoval and Yan for Marquez (7.8m), Scott Oberg (4m), and Ian Desmond (8m).  For 2021, that's +19.8m.  Marquez is 11.3m in 2022, 15.3m in 2023 and has a 16m option in 2024 with a 2.5m buyout.  Oberg is 4m in 2021, 7m in 2022, and has an 8m option for 2023 with no buyout.  Desmond has a 2m buyout in 2022 on a 15m option.  This trade provides payroll relief to the Rox and gets the halos a much need top of the rotation starter who is under control for 4 years plus a solid reliever.  Desmond was actually decent at the plate in 2019 before opting out of 2020.  He was very good vs. LHers although his home away splits were dreadful.  He lost his value (per WAR) by playing CF which he obviously wouldn't have to do with the halos.  He'd be an ok option as a 4th OFer or platoon bat as well as provide some potential pop off the bench.  Plus, apparently, he's a good dude getting the nomination for the Rockies Roberto Clemente award for the 4th straight year.  He might also opt out of 2021 as well and the halos wouldn't have to pay him.  He's also somewhat versatile and could chip in at MIF or 1b.  Oberg is coming off TOS and is a bit risky but in the deal to even out the fact that I tried not to give up one of Kochanowicz, Detmers or Rodriguez in the trade.  

- Sign Jurickson Profar to a 2/12 deal.  Decent defender and would act as the primary 2bman.  Versatile and can play the OF or other IF positions as well.  Only 28 so might have a bit of upside.  +5.5m for 2021.  Total of +25.3 so far.  

- Sign Robbie Ray to 1/6 with a team option of 9m for 2022.  I think Ray is a good rebound candidate at age 29 and with his control issues, I like the idea of getting him with Callaway who typically has his pitchers pound the zone.  He could also be a pen guy if it doesn't work out as a starter.  +31.3 overall.  

- Sign Trevor May to 2/9.  Solid reliever.  He might go for less actually.  I think there will be a ton of relief bargains.  +35 overall.  

Additional targets - backup C and a couple more relievers.  

I'll add a couple more later.  

I think the outdeal outcome we can all wish or hope for is.

SIgn Bauer between 23-27 mil over 3/4 years. first year salary is around 16 mil

SIgn Hand 

Wong at 2nd

May

into the seaon, get around 100 healthy innings from Othani, while Bundy is aleast able to maintain his success

in the Minor

The hope is either Rodriguez or Koch break out, preferably Rodriguez as he can help the team out next year  

or 

Detmers shows future growth and improves his ceiling to a 2. 

Ideally if one of Rodriguez or Koch and Detmers is able to improve, it'll improve our whole outlook!

that by the draft and number 9, i would say take a college pitcher with good upside, futher improving and adding depth. 

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

While I don't think the Halos will add 30m in payroll this off season, it's fun to think about.  Plus, I'm adding the 3m saved on Bedrosian because I'd have cut him.  Robles and his 4m are gone as well.  So that gives me 37m.  

- Trade Adell, Jackson, Suarez or Sandoval and Yan for Marquez (7.8m), Scott Oberg (4m), and Ian Desmond (8m).  For 2021, that's +19.8m.  Marquez is 11.3m in 2022, 15.3m in 2023 and has a 16m option in 2024 with a 2.5m buyout.  Oberg is 4m in 2021, 7m in 2022, and has an 8m option for 2023 with no buyout.  Desmond has a 2m buyout in 2022 on a 15m option.  This trade provides payroll relief to the Rox and gets the halos a much need top of the rotation starter who is under control for 4 years plus a solid reliever.  Desmond was actually decent at the plate in 2019 before opting out of 2020.  He was very good vs. LHers although his home away splits were dreadful.  He lost his value (per WAR) by playing CF which he obviously wouldn't have to do with the halos.  He'd be an ok option as a 4th OFer or platoon bat as well as provide some potential pop off the bench.  Plus, apparently, he's a good dude getting the nomination for the Rockies Roberto Clemente award for the 4th straight year.  He might also opt out of 2021 as well and the halos wouldn't have to pay him.  He's also somewhat versatile and could chip in at MIF or 1b.  Oberg is coming off TOS and is a bit risky but in the deal to even out the fact that I tried not to give up one of Kochanowicz, Detmers or Rodriguez in the trade.  

- Sign Jurickson Profar to a 2/12 deal.  Decent defender and would act as the primary 2bman.  Versatile and can play the OF or other IF positions as well.  Only 28 so might have a bit of upside.  +5.5m for 2021.  Total of +25.3 so far.  

- Sign Robbie Ray to 1/6 with a team option of 9m for 2022.  I think Ray is a good rebound candidate at age 29 and with his control issues, I like the idea of getting him with Callaway who typically has his pitchers pound the zone.  He could also be a pen guy if it doesn't work out as a starter.  +31.3 overall.  

- Sign Trevor May to 2/9.  Solid reliever.  He might go for less actually.  I think there will be a ton of relief bargains.  +35 overall.  

This is a pretty neat idea.  I think, though, that the Rockies, given their financial issues, would probably look to unload Blackman instead, who is due quite a bit more over the next few years (Desmond has just one year left).

Marquez has a ton of surplus value, but if combined with Blackman, then I suspect that deal becomes rather appealing to them as they try to clear out their books.

Blackman could play in RF and be our de facto backup CF.

Charlie Blackmon rf-cf
6 years/$108M (2018-23)

• 6 years/$108M (2018-23)
    • 18:$14M (including $2M paid 4/30/18), 19:$21M, 20:$21M, 21:$21M, 22:$21M player option, 23:$10M player option
    • 2023 option may increase by $8M to $18M:
      • $500,000 each for 400, 425, 450, 475, 500, 525 plate appearances in 2018-22 and $1M each for 550, 575 PA in 2018-22
      • $2M if Blackmon finishes 1-3 in 2018-22 MVP vote and $1M if he finishes 4-5 in 2018-22 MVP vote
    • limited no-trade protection (may block deals to 15 clubs annually)
    • perks: hotel suite on road

15 hours ago, Revad said:

Charlie Blackmon rf-cf
6 years/$108M (2018-23)

• 6 years/$108M (2018-23)
    • 18:$14M (including $2M paid 4/30/18), 19:$21M, 20:$21M, 21:$21M, 22:$21M player option, 23:$10M player option
    • 2023 option may increase by $8M to $18M:
      • $500,000 each for 400, 425, 450, 475, 500, 525 plate appearances in 2018-22 and $1M each for 550, 575 PA in 2018-22
      • $2M if Blackmon finishes 1-3 in 2018-22 MVP vote and $1M if he finishes 4-5 in 2018-22 MVP vote
    • limited no-trade protection (may block deals to 15 clubs annually)
    • perks: hotel suite on road

Yeah - I am not saying I would want him, but rather, if the Rockies do trade Marquez, who has a ton of surplus value, they will probably be looking to tie an unwanted contract like Blackmon as part of the deal, vs someone like Desmond who has just one year left at 8mil.

I think Doc's deal becomes a lot more doable, at least from the Rockies' POV, is Blackmon is subbed in place of Desmond.  The Rockies' ownership has basically informed fans they have no money and this offseason "will be different."

So, using Doc's template - Trade Adell, Jackson, Suarez or Sandoval and Yan for Marquez (7.8m), Scott Oberg (4m), and Blackmon (18mil), is probably a more reasonable thing to shoot for.  We can probably keep Yan in that proposed trade and keep it at Adell, Jackson, and Suarez.

The bright side to Blackmon is that he's still reasonably productive.  He can play RF for now and serve as the backup CF for Trout.  Not saying he is someone I would want to trade for at all, but I think if Colorado trades their ace, they'll likely try to unload Blackmon in the same deal, thus clearing out a huge payroll obligation for them.

Lineup then looks like:  SS Fletcher, 1B Walsh, CF Trout, 3B Rendon, RF Blackmon, LF Upton, DH Ohtani, C Stassi, 2B Hernandez/Profar/Wong (?)

Rotation:  Marquez, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Barria, Ohtani*.  I'd also offer Richards a 2/10 deal, with incentives based on starts.  If he doesn't pan out as a starter, he should make for a good high-leverage reliever.

40 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Yeah - I am not saying I would want him, but rather, if the Rockies do trade Marquez, who has a ton of surplus value, they will probably be looking to tie an unwanted contract like Blackmon as part of the deal, vs someone like Desmond who has just one year left at 8mil.

I think Doc's deal becomes a lot more doable, at least from the Rockies' POV, is Blackmon is subbed in place of Desmond.  The Rockies' ownership has basically informed fans they have no money and this offseason "will be different."

So, using Doc's template - Trade Adell, Jackson, Suarez or Sandoval and Yan for Marquez (7.8m), Scott Oberg (4m), and Blackmon (18mil), is probably a more reasonable thing to shoot for.  We can probably keep Yan in that proposed trade and keep it at Adell, Jackson, and Suarez.

The bright side to Blackmon is that he's still reasonably productive.  He can play RF for now and serve as the backup CF for Trout.  Not saying he is someone I would want to trade for at all, but I think if Colorado trades their ace, they'll likely try to unload Blackmon in the same deal, thus clearing out a huge payroll obligation for them.

Lineup then looks like:  SS Fletcher, 1B Walsh, CF Trout, 3B Rendon, RF Blackmon, LF Upton, DH Ohtani, C Stassi, 2B Hernandez/Profar/Wong (?)

Rotation:  Marquez, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Barria, Ohtani*.  I'd also offer Richards a 2/10 deal, with incentives based on starts.  If he doesn't pan out as a starter, he should make for a good high-leverage reliever.

I thought about this when using the little trade doohickey that @totdprods posted.  Taking on 21.5m for Blackmon for each of his 34 and 35 yo seasons plus a potential obligation of up to 18m for his age 36 season would essentially handcuff payroll for the next 2 seasons and even cause issues for the 3rd.  And his away splits are pretty meh.  So while it would make some sense for the rox financially, it would put the Angels in a really tough spot going forward.  If the Angels are going to commit to spending that much money I'd rather see them take on a pitcher who's owed a decent chunk of money but still good and give up less prospect capital in return.  Or to just sign Bauer and grab a RFer on one year deals until Marsh or Adell are ready.  

On 11/7/2020 at 2:15 AM, Dochalo said:

Looks like I'm in edit mode already now that Ray is gone at 1/8.  

I expect to make a lot of changes to this based on what happens with non-tenders going forward. It's hard to figure out what the economics of the sport look like right now so I may have to make some adjustments based on money as things settle. Obviously Im cutting Bedrosian and Robles to save an extra $7m.

• Sign one of Charlie Morton or Jose Quintana. It's hard to predict how much money these guys will get, or if Morton is even willing to sign. I'd offer him the 1/$15 the Rays declined. Quintana I'd offer 1/$10 but I can see someone going as far as 3 years with him.
  • Trade Franklin Barreto and Taylor Ward to Miami for Miguel Rojas ($5m) and Starling Marte ($12.5m) - guys on one year deals who should allow us to roll out a great defensive alignment
  • Alternatively, keep Ward and Rojas and sign Robbie Grossman to a 1 year $7.5m deal.
  • Another option would be to sign Jurickson Profar to a 2 year deal (lets roll with Docs $12m)
  • Sign Garret Richards to a 1 year $7m deal
  • I would see about trying to take a flier on James Paxton, Corey Kluber or Chris Archer though I don't think we have enough money to convince them. 
  • There will be a lot of relievers on the market, which we can hopefully add like 3-5 for under a few million total.

This adds around $30-$37m. I'll probably make a bunch of changes down the road. I'd also explore what it might look like to sign Marcus Stroman if he stays on the board.

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Looks like I'm in edit mode already now that Ray is gone at 1/8.  

Remember, this isn’t what you think the Angels will or should do. It’s what you’d do.

You had Ray at a price close enough to make it realistic so in dochalo GM world, the Angels signed Ray. Now let’s see a year from now if not panned out!

* Sign DJ LeMahieu - 4/70 (15/17/19/19)

* Sign M Stroman - 3/49.5 (15/16.5/18) Option year 4 @ 20M

* Sign T Rosenthal 2/14 (7/7)

* Trade for J Musgrove - Arb salary $3.75M FA after '23 (trade away Adams, Jones, Knowles, Paris, Suarez)

Lineup - LeMahieu, Fletcher, Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, Upton, Walsh, Stassi, Adell/Ward

SP - Stroman, Bundy, Musgrove, Canning, Heaney

BP - Rosenthal, Anderson, Robles (bounce back candidate?), Andriese, Ramirez, Pena, Mayer, Middleton

Bench - Benboom, Rengifo, Adell/Ward, Pujols

Total payroll for 40 man ~ $187M

Trade for Trevor Story and Jon Gray. That adds a lot of money to the payroll, but the Dodgers just won the World Series, so f*ck it.

I was tempted to include Blackmon in this deal, but there is no way to acquire him without giving up someone who makes decent money in return, (Upton is more expensive by a few million), so it really doesn't make sense for the Rockies unless they spin him off to a third team. The Angels legit most expensive player is Trout, then Rendon, then Pujols, then Upton, and all make over $24M. They have no other payroll commitments, excepting arbitration guys so, there's nothing to send back to mitigate Blackmon's $21 M salary. This will likely cost two of the Angels top prospects, Luis Rengifo/Franklin Barretto, and two pitchers, one prospect, one depth. Adds Likely $23M

Sign Bundy and Heaney to three year extensions.

Sign Garrett Richards, Charlie Morton/Jose quintana, and Trevor Rosenthal in Free Agency. Net Cost TBD, but likely close to $25M.

Non-tender the expensive guys in the pen, call it a day.

I see that this adds a ton to the payroll. But I think they can swing it with a bit of creative financing.

i think its perhaps a bit ealry to name names wihtout knowing who will actually be available, but...

SP wise If they get loose, Bauer and or Stroman should be at the top of our list

We need an anchor in the pen, Hand for example. 

Well perhaps need another MIF, Wong, the Korean fellow, i would personally prefer a SS as i think Fletch is has better value at 2B than SS, but thats just my opinion and if the 2B options are better then im fine with it.

And of course we still need a catcher, Realmuto would look nice but, probably not in the price range.

My concern, is the money.  Will we actually add after a possible losing revenue seasons by the owners?  Will 30Mish be enough?  If Arte is really serious about making a run he could bust the tax for one year, let albert balance it next, and just say screw it and buy the parts we need... but, i dont expect that to happen. 

More later right now it feels premature. 

Ok, I was a bit general on my other entry into this, today will be a bit more specific.

The Angels have a current 40-man roster of:

SP Heaney, SP Bundy, SP Canning, SP Barria, and SP/DH Ohtani. SP Sandoval would be the 6th starter right now. SP Peters is 7th.

CL Buttrey, RP Mayers, RP Robles, RP Andriese, RP Anderson, RP Pena, RP N. Rodriguez, RP Milner, RP Bard, RP Middleton, RP Keller, RP quijada, RP Reyes, RP Suarez, RP Yan

C Stassi (DL), C Bemboom

1B Pujols, 1B Walsh

2B Rengifo, 2B Barretto, 2B Jones

SS Fletcher,

3B Rendon

CF Trout

LF Upton

RF Adell, RF Ward

1. Sign Dylan Bundy and Andrew Heaney to 3 Year Contracts. Keep 2021 Salary to around $6M each.

2. Non-Tender Hansel Robles, DIllon Peters, and outright Justin Anderson to AAA.

3. Sign Garrett Richards (2/16), Taijuan Walker (2/16), James McCann (2/20), Trevor Rosenthal (2/14), Joc Pederson, (1/8) and Kiki Hernandez (2/7).

4. Trade Luis Rengifo, Patrick Sandoval, Brandon Marsh, Hector Yan, and Jaime Barria to the Rockies for SS Trevor Story.

5. Sign Story to an Extension, if possible.

This leaves me with a 40-man of:

SP Bundy, SP Heaney, SP Richards, SP Canning, SP Walker, and SP/DH Ohtani. I'd Add Packy Naughton to the 40-Man.

CL Rosenthal, RP Mayers, RP Andriese, RP Pena, RP Rodriguez, RP Milner, RP Middleton, RP Bard, RP Keller, RP Reyes, RP Suarez, RP C Rodriguez.

C McCann, C Stassi, C Bemboom.

1B Pujols, 1B Walsh,

2B Fletcher, 2B Hernandez, 2B Jones

SS Story, SS Barretto

3B Rendon

CF Trout

LF Upton, Pederson

RF Adell, Ward

1 hour ago, Hubs said:

Ok, I was a bit general on my other entry into this, today will be a bit more specific.

The Angels have a current 40-man roster of:

SP Heaney, SP Bundy, SP Canning, SP Barria, and SP/DH Ohtani. SP Sandoval would be the 6th starter right now. SP Peters is 7th.

CL Buttrey, RP Mayers, RP Robles, RP Andriese, RP Anderson, RP Pena, RP N. Rodriguez, RP Milner, RP Bard, RP Middleton, RP Keller, RP quijada, RP Reyes, RP Suarez, RP Yan

C Stassi (DL), C Bemboom

1B Pujols, 1B Walsh

2B Rengifo, 2B Barretto, 2B Jones

SS Fletcher,

3B Rendon

CF Trout

LF Upton

RF Adell, RF Ward

1. Sign Dylan Bundy and Andrew Heaney to 3 Year Contracts. Keep 2021 Salary to around $6M each.

2. Non-Tender Hansel Robles, DIllon Peters, and outright Justin Anderson to AAA.

3. Sign Garrett Richards (2/16), Taijuan Walker (2/16), James McCann (2/20), Trevor Rosenthal (2/14), Joc Pederson, (1/8) and Kiki Hernandez (2/7).

4. Trade Luis Rengifo, Patrick Sandoval, Brandon Marsh, Hector Yan, and Jaime Barria to the Rockies for SS Trevor Story.

5. Sign Story to an Extension, if possible.

This leaves me with a 40-man of:

SP Bundy, SP Heaney, SP Richards, SP Canning, SP Walker, and SP/DH Ohtani. I'd Add Packy Naughton to the 40-Man.

CL Rosenthal, RP Mayers, RP Andriese, RP Pena, RP Ramirez, RP Milner, RP Middleton, RP Bard, RP Keller, RP Reyes, RP Suarez, RP C Rodriguez.

C McCann, C Stassi, C Bemboom.

1B Pujols, 1B Walsh,

2B Fletcher, 2B Hernandez, 2B Jones

SS Story, SS Barretto

3B Rendon

CF Trout

LF Upton, Pederson

RF Adell, Ward

If you're wondering about the finances, I'm pushing a lot of money into 2022 and 2023.

2021 Salaries + Future Salaries

Bundy 6 -- Projected for 6.8 (6/12/14/18 Club Option) 3/32

Heaney 6 -- Projected for 5.7 (6/10/12/2 or 18) 3/30

Richards 7 -- (7/8/1) 2/16

Walker 7 -- (7/8/1) 2/16

McCann -- (8/12) 2/20

Rosenthal -- (6/8) 2/14

Pederson -- (8) 1/8

Kiki Hernandez -- (2.5/4.5) 2/7

Story -- 1/18.5

Total 2021 New Salaries = 7+7+8+6+8+2.5+18.5 = 49 Which is higher than the 30 they're rumored to spend, but...

Trout 37.116+Rendon 28.071 +Pujols 30+ Upton 24.7 = 119.887 (4 players)

+ Arbitration Guys ( + Bundy 6 + Heaney 6 + Ohtani 3 + Andriese 2.4 + N. Ramirez 1.3 + Stassi 1.2 + Middleton 0.9 + Pena 0.8 + Mayers 0.8) = 142.287 (9 Players)

+ Club Control Guys (Fletcher 0.65 + Walsh 0.6 + Ward 0.6 + Canning 0.6 + Milner 0.55 + Bard 0.55 + Barretto 0.55 + Bemboom 0.55 + Adell (9 Players) = 147.487

+ Trade (Story = +18.5 = 165.987

+ FA ( Richards, Walker, McCann, Rosenthal, Pederson, Hernandez) = 30.5 (6). = 196.487.