• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brad Hand ?

1 hour ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Angels better put in a claim if they are serious about contending next season.  I don't see any downside of putting in a claim.  Even if he turns out to be like Fuentes, that's still a solid reliever and the Angels need solid relievers.  If the Angels fall out of contention, they can flip him for a prospect.  If they don't, then Arte's being cheap and I don't have much hope for the offseason.

As much  as I hated Fuentes I would love to have him now.   It just shows how our bullpen gotten worse over the years.

The Angels have recently spent much worse money than 1/10 for Brad Hand. Cody Allen, Matt Harvey and Trevor Cahill immediately come to mind. 

Which is why Eppler is gone.

And subsequently, does anyone here actually believe the Angels will put in a claim for Hand when they don't even have a GM yet and are currently being directed by a holdover AGM from the last regime that will almost assuredly get his walking papers the second a new GM is hired?

I doubt the Angels claim Hand. 

They don't want to financially limit Eppler's successor like that.

It is 100% because the Indians are trying to save every dime they can and need to unload salary.  They are doing this to save $1mil, so they don't have to pay him his opt out.

We should absolutely pounce on this.  We have a pretty high waiver wire ranking and I don't see most of the teams ahead of us picking him up.

If we intend to contend net year, having someone like Hand, a legit, shutdown LH reliever who closes, absolutely helps this team and is a bargain at 1/10.

Our pen suddenly would be adding a legit shutdown reliever.  This would be a great pickup.

We would then have Hand, Mayers, and Pena at the back end of the pen.  Add to that our various other relievers (Andriese, Bedrosian, Ramirez, etc), and that actually formulates a pretty decent pen.

21 hours ago, stormngt said:

As much  as I hated Fuentes I would love to have him now.   It just shows how our bullpen gotten worse over the years.

Fuentes was fine here. I know saves don't matter that much as a stat to some but 48 saves has to be acknowledged. 

Basically he threw an 0-2 pitch to Arod which defined his tenure here.  

On 10/30/2020 at 10:45 AM, Erstad Grit said:

Fuentes was fine here. I know saves don't matter that much as a stat to some but 48 saves has to be acknowledged. 

Basically he threw an 0-2 pitch to Arod which defined his tenure here.  

I hated Fuentes because he wasn't as good as KROD for the Angel's.  It wasn't until our bullpen became a disaster until I started to appreciate him.

Edited by stormngt

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I think it also depends on how much is Arte willing to spend.he he going to have a hard cap 0r will give the the gm the ok to spend 40 or so mil we have.

if he gives us the ok, we could easy fix so many of this teams problems with the way the market is/will turn into.

Virtually no chance he is going to spend $40 million.  Look at what is happening around the league.  Completely reasonable options are being declined.  This is happening because of the uncertainty of revenue next year. 

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

I hated Fuentes because he wasn't as good as KROD fir the Angel's.  It wasn't until our bullpen became a disaster until I started to appreciate him.

I hated him because he couldn’t save the game on Nick Adenhart’s last game ever pitched for the Angels against the A’s, April 8, 2009.

Gave up 3 in the 9th.  Some things are hard to forget.

people are nuckin futs if they think the Angels are going to spend 40 mil.  I will be pleasantly surprised if they add any payroll at all.  

Brad Hand is one of the best relievers in baseball and he went unclaimed when all a team had to do was pay 10m for 1yr.  

Let's explore why that's absolutely insane.  Take the Dogs for example, who just won a world series, have the second highest team revenue in baseball, and just lost one of their top relievers who they were paying 10m to (Treinen) and they have money coming off their books.  They didn't claim him.  

The Yankees didn't claim him.    They have the highest revenue in baseball by far.  They haven't won a title in 11 years.  They need pitching in a big way for 2021.  Their current payroll is third overall for 2021.  That's right, the Yankees have the third highest projected payroll as it stands.  

What about trade value?  the M's have the third lowest projected payroll.  They passed.  As did the A's and Marlins and Bmore.  

The indians, whose payroll is about half of the Angels let him go.  

Atlanta has a projected payroll of 90m and they were 1 win away from the WS.  They passed.  

adding Brad Hand at 1/10 made sense for probably 25 of the 30 major league teams under normal circumstances.  

People better reset their expectations.   

I think if every team passed on 1/10 for Brad Hand, free agents are screwed.

No one is going to be spending money.  The very best players (Bauer, Realmuto, Springer) will probably still get paid, but the rest will likely get absolutely hammered.

Owners lost a lot of money this year, and they will likely lose a lot of money next year, as I imagine the most we'll see is sparsely populated stadiums (10-15k people).  Some teams may still not play in front of anyone at all.

I would be surprised if more than a handful of players are signed before January 1st.  It's going to be a bloodbath.

On 10/30/2020 at 6:22 PM, Dochalo said:

people are nuckin futs if they think the Angels are going to spend 40 mil.  I will be pleasantly surprised if they add any payroll at all.  

Brad Hand is one of the best relievers in baseball and he went unclaimed when all a team had to do was pay 10m for 1yr.  

Let's explore why that's absolutely insane.  Take the Dogs for example, who just won a world series, have the second highest team revenue in baseball, and just lost one of their top relievers who they were paying 10m to (Treinen) and they have money coming off their books.  They didn't claim him.  

The Yankees didn't claim him.    They have the highest revenue in baseball by far.  They haven't won a title in 11 years.  They need pitching in a big way for 2021.  Their current payroll is third overall for 2021.  That's right, the Yankees have the third highest projected payroll as it stands.  

What about trade value?  the M's have the third lowest projected payroll.  They passed.  As did the A's and Marlins and Bmore.  

The indians, whose payroll is about half of the Angels let him go.  

Atlanta has a projected payroll of 90m and they were 1 win away from the WS.  They passed.  

adding Brad Hand at 1/10 made sense for probably 25 of the 30 major league teams under normal circumstances.  

People better reset their expectations.   

Halos may not add payroll but keep in the same. Losing certain players will cut payroll and maybe just use that money.