• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

What do you all think?

90333514-F92C-4EAC-96CF-1FFB0C3FF0D6.jpeg

Bundy has interest from the Braves in August and could help solidify their young rotation.

Marsh is from Georgia and could all to their future outfield potential.

Braves could use money saved from moving Inciarte to make other moves.

Angels gain years of control of two starting pitchers while taking on Inciarte who could help in the outfield.

Add in the Minasian ties.

Edited by Jinzu

36 minutes ago, Jinzu said:

What do you all think?

90333514-F92C-4EAC-96CF-1FFB0C3FF0D6.jpeg

Bundy has interest from the Braves in August and could help solidify their young rotation.

Marsh is from Georgia and could all to their future outfield potential.

Braves could use money saved from moving Inciarte to make other moves.

Angels gain years of control of two starting pitchers while taking on Inciarte who could help in the outfield.

Add in the Minasian ties.

Soroka looks like a future ace and I doubt they would trade him. 

Given our circumstances I don't think we can risk everything on a SP recovering from year end surgery.

In other words in my opinion a bad trade for both

I sincerely hope Minasian doesn't trade any of the Angels top 6 prospects. Adell, Marsh, Adams, Rodriguez, Detmers and Kochanowicz. 

Eppler left him with enough prospect capital to pull off several mid range deals without sacrificing any of them. Not to mention post-prospect young players that can still break out, like Barria, Sandoval, Suarez, Thaiss, Ward and Rengifo. 

And honestly, if they did manage to land an elite starting pitcher, I wouldn't mind rolling with Jaime Barria as the 6th starter. I don't anticipate that happening, so they'll likely need someone better than Barria to round out the rotation, but I still think he could end up being someone that goes 180 innings a year with an ERA around 4. 

Would certainly be open to trading adell  and one or two of other prospect of's as we are flushed with them to get an ace level starter or two, would then add in any of barria,heaney,suarez or thaiss.

Would also be agreeable to taking on a contract to achieve this say moustakas who could still add something.

Possible trades would be gray & moustakas and contreras & hendricks,that would cover most needs.

Add quintana & Bradley as fa's.

Not sure where this takes us budget wise.

10 minutes ago, BritAngel said:

Would certainly be open to trading adell  and one or two of other prospect of's as we are flushed with them to get an ace level starter or two, would then add in any of barria,heaney,suarez or thaiss.

Would also be agreeable to taking on a contract to achieve this say moustakas who could still add something.

Possible trades would be gray & moustakas and contreras & hendricks,that would cover most needs.

Add quintana & Bradley as fa's.

Not sure where this takes us budget wise.

we have quite a few OF prospects but we're gonna need some serious OF help over the next three years and only two, maybe three of those OF prospects we are supposedly flush with could help during that time.  We don't have a real RFer and our LFer is in decline which could be significant enough to where he might need replacing as early as mid 2021.  

they need to be a little more careful in moving guys or taking on money than people think in my opinion.  They really don't have any sort of luxury in getting a big trade wrong or congesting payroll at least for the next two years.  

we all need to keep in mind that this year's FA class is pretty poor.  It's important to maintain flexibility on the payroll side of things.  We're potentially losing two rotation arms and a SS by years end.  

That's a lot of holes to fill in 2022.  SS, 2 OF spots, maybe 1b, maybe C, more pen arms.  The farm is in good shape.  Not great shape.  

7 hours ago, Second Base said:

I sincerely hope Minasian doesn't trade any of the Angels top 6 prospects. Adell, Marsh, Adams, Rodriguez, Detmers and Kochanowicz. 

Eppler left him with enough prospect capital to pull off several mid range deals without sacrificing any of them. Not to mention post-prospect young players that can still break out, like Barria, Sandoval, Suarez, Thaiss, Ward and Rengifo. 

And honestly, if they did manage to land an elite starting pitcher, I wouldn't mind rolling with Jaime Barria as the 6th starter. I don't anticipate that happening, so they'll likely need someone better than Barria to round out the rotation, but I still think he could end up being someone that goes 180 innings a year with an ERA around 4. 

I agree

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

we have quite a few OF prospects but we're gonna need some serious OF help over the next three years and only two, maybe three of those OF prospects we are supposedly flush with could help during that time.  We don't have a real RFer and our LFer is in decline which could be significant enough to where he might need replacing as early as mid 2021.  

they need to be a little more careful in moving guys or taking on money than people think in my opinion.  They really don't have any sort of luxury in getting a big trade wrong or congesting payroll at least for the next two years.  

we all need to keep in mind that this year's FA class is pretty poor.  It's important to maintain flexibility on the payroll side of things.  We're potentially losing two rotation arms and a SS by years end.  

That's a lot of holes to fill in 2022.  SS, 2 OF spots, maybe 1b, maybe C, more pen arms.  The farm is in good shape.  Not great shape.  

Yep.  We really need the young talented OF to step in but have they been developed at all.

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Very on point. I think Marsh picking up a 1B mitt was a significant development. I still hold out hope that by some slim chance, the Angels might have room for Adell, Marsh, Adams and Trout on the roster. 

Upton is only 33. You all act like he’s nearly 40. 

By next mid season, two of Marsh / Adams / Adell will be in the OF at least most of the time. 

I don’t think we’ll see Adams until the following year (23).

Marsh and Adell have played a collective 38 games in the Majors (Adell) 43 games at AAA, 139 games at AA. Adams has played just 9 games at High A. 

They can afford to trade one for pitching. 

9 hours ago, Dochalo said:

There are like 5 top short stops who are free agents for 2022. Lindor, Seager, Story, Baez and Correa. 

I hope the solve Catcher for three seasons this offseason, and if they get a solid starter and give Barria time this year instead of doing a one year deal, they should have 4 starters back next off season. With Detmers likely ready to contribute and CRod close. 

28 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

With all respect, can we please stop talking about trading Bundy?

It's not happening. When your biggest need is starting pitching, you tend not to trade you current best starting pitcher.

I don't think anyone has proposed dealing Bundy without 1) there having been one or two pitchers as good or better than Bundy already acquired or 2) being involved in a deal that brought back more than one impact SP. Usually it's both. And both of those scenarios happening are already really, really unlikely. So at that point, he wouldn't be your current best starting pitcher.

Even if all of that happened, I can think of maybe only two or three really specific scenarios that could make sense. 

• The Dodgers need salary freed up to sign LeMahieu or Turner or Bauer or Hendriks or Realmuto. Whatever. 
    • They offer Price and Gonsolin/Gray for Bundy, they're looking to win right now
  • The Padres specifically want Bundy, and offer a package including an MLB-ready SP or two.

That's about it. The White Sox made some sense pre-Lynn. Same for Indians before Lindor. The Blue Jays? Yankees? Not likely due to Bundy's AL East track record. Anyone else seems to missing a big piece...Cubs and Contreras, but no cheap pitching to send back, and not really win-now. If they somehow landed Castillo, Gray, and Moose or Castellanos, they might need to trim salary but really hard making sense there.

(I also think that deal above with Atlanta would stand no chance)

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What is it going to take to get more action rolling in this off-season, with ST just a month away?

Still need at least one starter, one more late innings reliever, a RF, and a catcher.

Bauer is holding it up quite a bit. He's holding up the Angels, and they're one of the few teams spending. 

I'd imagine soon one of them will commit or move on.

Now that the Angels are negotiating with the Cubs, I'd love to see them take a shot at Zach Davies. Inexpensive #4 starter, looks like he might have figured something out last year. His H/9 plummeted and his k/9 made a significant jump. 

I'm also a Padres fan and watching him last year was epic. He always seemed like he was in complete control of the game. ERA reflected it too. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I don't think anyone has proposed dealing Bundy without 1) there having been one or two pitchers as good or better than Bundy already acquired or 2) being involved in a deal that brought back more than one impact SP. Usually it's both. And both of those scenarios happening are already really, really unlikely. So at that point, he wouldn't be your current best starting pitcher.

Even if all of that happened, I can think of maybe only two or three really specific scenarios that could make sense. 

• The Dodgers need salary freed up to sign LeMahieu or Turner or Bauer or Hendriks or Realmuto. Whatever. 
    • They offer Price and Gonsolin/Gray for Bundy, they're looking to win right now
  • The Padres specifically want Bundy, and offer a package including an MLB-ready SP or two.

That's about it. The White Sox made some sense pre-Lynn. Same for Indians before Lindor. The Blue Jays? Yankees? Not likely due to Bundy's AL East track record. Anyone else seems to missing a big piece...Cubs and Contreras, but no cheap pitching to send back, and not really win-now. If they somehow landed Castillo, Gray, and Moose or Castellanos, they might need to trim salary but really hard making sense there.

(I also think that deal above with Atlanta would stand no chance)

I mean, I suppose anything is on the table. I just don't see a trade happening. Bundy was very good in 2020. Obviously it's a small sample size but he's at the age where he may have figured things out, not to mention the peripherals support his success. 

He may very well be better or AS good as anything we can get for him. 

To me, it's just not worth the discussion. 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I mean, I suppose anything is on the table. I just don't see a trade happening. Bundy was very good in 2020. Obviously it's a small sample size but he's at the age where he may have figured things out, not to mention the peripherals support his success. 

He may very well be better or AS good as anything we can get for him. 

To me, it's just not worth the discussion. 

It would be so overly complicated.  Like having a discussion about trading Upton.