• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! AngelsWin.com - Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you meant to tag Arte Moreno. 

Posted Images

Just now, rafibomb said:

The Mets signing of McCann affects their ability to get both Springer and Bauer but it certainly doesn't rule them out of signing both.

Had they signed Realmuto, I'd say they could almost assuredly only get one of Springer or Bauer.  McCann, though, comes at half the price as Realmuto in terms of AAV, so absolutely, they can still very much afford both Springer and Bauer, who will likely combine for ~45-50mil AAV.

FWIW, the Mets have about ~60mil of payroll space available (after signing McCann) if they want to stay below the luxury tax.  They might blow past it, who knows, but I suspect they'll attempt to stay below.  They can still very much afford both of them, although I think they'd be better off with Springer + Lindor.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

Unless Marsh makes the move to 1B, the Angels don't have room for Adell, Marsh and Adams, along with Orlando Martinez, D'Shawn Knowles, Alex Ramirez and Trent Deveaux. 

The chances that all of Adell, Marsh, Adams, Martinez, Knowles, Ramirez, and Deveaux develop are EXTREMELY low and it's completely unrealistic to think that they will all develop.

Yes, they have a number of OF prospects to deal from, but it'd be inaccurate to say that they "don't have room" for all of them because it's very unlikely that they all develop.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

But I get the feeling that if the Reds were going to trade Gray to the Angels, they may have already done it by now when they were discussing Iglesias.

This is something I do have some questions about.

I don't know if trading with the Reds already means that a Gray deal won't happen, but it has to change the chances.

The question is, does the chance of Gray being traded to the Angels increase or decrease? It could increase because we know that the Angels and Reds have a working relationship. However, it could decrease because if they were going to do it, they might have already done it (like you said). I'd have to think that the chances that two teams strike two deals of significant magnitude with each other in the same offseason are lower.

3 hours ago, halonatic13 said:

I like. Get Springer, Realmuto, get the ACE pitcher + tier 2 pitcher, a couple more relievers.  Then in 2022 Marsh moves to LF.  Nice little lineup there.

Lineup:

2B - Fletcher

CF - Trout

3B - Rendon

DH - Ohtani

RF - Springer

C - Realmuto

1B - Walsh

LF - Upton

SS - Iglesias

Rotation:

Snell/Gray/Marquez

Musgrove/Odorizzi

Bundy

Heaney

Canning/Baria/Sandoval

Ohtani

If they are going to spend that money then they should get Bauer, Realmuto and trade for Snell. 

21 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I suspect, given our farm system, we probably won’t trade for both Snell and Gray. Minasian likely wants to build up the farm system.

I would prefer he go after Gray, who will be cheaper to acquire and won’t cost Adell, and sign Quintana.

Not his assets, I'm sure some intrigue him and have some opportunity in his world. However, there will be some that aren't to his liking. And we already know in the TOP rotation pitching wise we are extremely thin and closers!  So, he is going need to TRADE or SIGN them for this year and next which will place us into 2 Minasian DRAFTS (3-4 year project).

29 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Or he has proprietary information that randos on an internet message board don't have that shows catchers are more valuable than you and I are aware of. 

I trust Minasian when it comes to his evaluation of catching talent.  Again, look at the TOR and ATL pedigrees - two teams who have built significant catching pipelines.  He will likely continue to pursue it, and I have to imagine it is priority 1B, with SP being 1A.

12 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I think Gray is gonna cost a lot more prospect scratch than people realize.  

i agree and i'll just put my .02 in, i'm not a fan of acquiring him at the cost it will take. 

it's not that i don't like gray, he's quite good, but two years of control for what would surely be some of the angels very top prospects just seems very shortsighted to me.

2 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i agree and i'll just put my .02 in, i'm not a fan of acquiring him at the cost it will take. 

it's not that i don't like gray, he's quite good, but two years of control for what would surely be some of the angels very top prospects just seems very shortsighted to me.

Gray has two years plus a $12 million team option.