• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

27 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

You'd think this is the kinda stuff that would make Manfred want to force him out. It's just such bad optics on so many levels. It would be idiotic not to do so. But then, given how stupidly MLB and the owners operate at times, I dunno if I can give them that much credit.

Another amazing thing: dude doesn't even really try to pretend they aren't manipulating service time. Like, usually they at least put a modicum of effort into finding an excuse for the player to not be up. He basically says their guy is getting called up a month in.

This guy just made the MLBPA's day.  Everything he said in that video will be thrown at the owners during the negotiations.   Firing him would be a good PR move, but there seem to be legit issues there and the fact that the league gave them a pass when Lorena Martin called out all this shit makes them look bad too.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

This guy just made the MLBPA's day.  Everything he said in that video will be thrown at the owners during the negotiations.   Firing him would be a good PR move, but there seem to be legit issues there and the fact that the league gave them a pass when Lorena Martin called out all this shit makes them look bad too.

The best part is he mentions he's "very worried about what's to come between the PA and owners"...and this video, these quotes from a team CEO will be used in such negotiations to dismantle a ton of owner arguments. 

5 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

You'd think this is the kinda stuff that would make Manfred want to force him out. It's just such bad optics on so many levels. It would be idiotic not to do so. But then, given how stupidly MLB and the owners operate at times, I dunno if I can give them that much credit.

Another amazing thing: dude doesn't even really try to pretend they aren't manipulating service time. Like, usually they at least put a modicum of effort into finding an excuse for the player to not be up. He basically says their guy is getting called up a month in.

I don’t call it “manipulating” service time.  I call it paying attention to, and managing service time.  They should pay attention to, and manage this.  It would be stupid and reckless not to. 

I had such high hopes a month ago, but ill be honest, at this point, they are in the dumpster that we are searching for clean peanuts in.
So many options weve ignored and the changes we made in that time actually lowered out projections, i dont think ive ever heard of that happening before.
At this point we will be lucky to make the post season in my opinion.  Well be close, within a couple/few games, but fall short.

22 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

It's the Mariners, they like to promote the guys who are proven to have sexually harassed women.  https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/mariners/mariners-executives-kept-jobs-after-3-women-left-with-workplace-complaint-settlements/

(On Wednesday, the Mariners issued a statement acknowledging that Mather had been the subject of two workplace complaints from female employees. The team said that it had “made amends” to the workers. Mather said he’s learned from the mistakes.)

Niiiice - GIF on Imgur

1 hour ago, floplag said:

I had such high hopes a month ago, but ill be honest, at this point, they are in the dumpster that we are searching for clean peanuts in.
So many options weve ignored and the changes we made in that time actually lowered out projections, i dont think ive ever heard of that happening before.
At this point we will be lucky to make the post season in my opinion.  Well be close, within a couple/few games, but fall short.

How do you know if any options were ignored?

I hate comments like this.  If they didn’t sign a fee agent or complete a trade, they were “ignoring” those options?

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

How do you know if any options were ignored?

I hate comments like this.  If they didn’t sign a fee agent or complete a trade, they were “ignoring” those options?

How do you know they were not?  
Bottom line we didnt sign them.  We didnt improve.  You know anything beyond that as fact?
If not then forgive me if i grade based on results over effort.

20 minutes ago, floplag said:

Bottom line we didnt sign them.  We didnt improve.  You know anything beyond that as fact?

Then say they didn’t sign anyone, instead of saying we’ve ignored these options.  

8 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

47 minutes ago, floplag said:

You didn’t grade in results.  You added a fantasy narrative.