• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Dogs realizing there is more value on the trade market than it costs to sign a reliever of similar quality.  So they're trading guys away for prospects or future value and then they're going to sign a mess of guys to minor league contracts or for a mil or two.  That's my guess anyway.  Get something for those middling relievers who aren't likely to perform at a level they did previously.  

Let’s get this out of our systems, and then no more Petit posts?

Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit

that's the thing that so impressive about Friedman.  He doesn't seem to care about the name on the back of the jersey.  It's a bit callous or cold but it's all about production, skill set and the potential for development.  

Dylan Fluoro is a fairly serviceable reliever.  But Friedman just doesn't care.  He's not afraid to trust his process

That's the one thing I sort of have issue with so far about what Minasian and Maddon are trying to do.  How important is it for everyone to be holding hands and singing kumbaya? Granted there are extremes of guys you don't want around or one that are actually really helpful to have based on their personality.  But talent takes precedent.  We haven't seen it play out yet so I think we're gonna find out how important it is.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

that's the thing that so impressive about Friedman.  He doesn't seem to care about the name on the back of the jersey.  It's a bit callous or cold but it's all about production, skill set and the potential for development.  

Dylan Fluoro is a fairly serviceable reliever.  But Friedman just doesn't care.  He's not afraid to trust his process

That's the one thing I sort of have issue with so far about what Minasian and Maddon are trying to do.  How important is it for everyone to be holding hands and singing kumbaya? Granted there are extremes of guys you don't want around or one that are actually really helpful to have based on their personality.  But talent takes precedent.  We haven't seen it play out yet so I think we're gonna find out how important it is.  

Yeah it's impossible to quantify how much of an impact this whole "clubhouse unity" has on the actual games. I'm certain it's a Maddon thing. 

I'd rather have talent. 

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

First sentence is debunked by the Bauer signing. His production doesn’t match the paycheck. 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah it's impossible to quantify how much of an impact this whole "clubhouse unity" has on the actual games. I'm certain it's a Maddon thing. 

I'd rather have talent. 

MLB radio was talking about the Braves and how PECOTA can’t measure team chemistry and that part of the Braves recent success they believe was tied into chemistry.  I bring this up because of PM coming from Atlanta. 

3 minutes ago, Trendon said:

This tweet illustrates the difference between the Dodgers and pretty much the rest of the league.

pretty much what I just said.  I presume that Minasian got an ok reliever for nothing in the trade with Tampa.  We'll see if there is a ptbnl that is worth anything.  Not only do you not give them prospects, but be willing to move your role players for them if the opportunity presents.  

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

First sentence is debunked by the Bauer signing. His production doesn’t match the paycheck. 

that's not even remotely it and you are completely missing the point.  By getting the Max Muncy's, Kike Hernandez and Chris Taylors they can pay a guy like Bauer a little more than others because so what.  So what if he's not worth 40m and only 30m.  He's still giving you 30m worth of production and you got another 20m worth for nothing.  Plus, you can do it so you only commit to a couple years worth of that risk and not such where you need him to be the end all be all of your rotation for the next 5-6 years.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

MLB radio was talking about the Braves and how PECOTA can’t measure team chemistry and that part of the Braves recent success they believe was tied into chemistry.  I bring this up because of PM coming from Atlanta. 

I mean that's certainly a possibility. But if they win, say, 90 games this year, do we say the clubhouse stuff played a role in it? I mean, maybe it did. Who knows?

Obviously having a close clubhouse is better than not, but at the cost of on field talent? We'll see.

53 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let’s get this out of our systems, and then no more Petit posts?

Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit Petit

Cc: @Angels 1961

49 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'd do 2/18 for him. 7 million this year, 11 in 2022.

Thats more in line with what i was thinking, although i would prefer a 1 yr deal in his case due to past injuries.  He has the upside but also the most risk.
At this point i would be happy with Walker and Rosenthal, although i expect neither. 

49 minutes ago, floplag said:

Thats more in line with what i was thinking, although i would prefer a 1 yr deal in his case due to past injuries.  He has the upside but also the most risk.
At this point i would be happy with Walker and Rosenthal, although i expect neither. 

I see a lot of potential value out there right now.  Hopefully the halos make use of that.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

I wouldn't pay him dick in the second year without knowing what he does this year.  His velo drop in 2020 was catastrophic.  If that second year were an option?  sure.  

I know it's a concern but we really can't have yet another starter to replace in 2022.

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I see a lot of potential value out there right now.  Hopefully the halos make use of that.  

Same here.

Yamaguchi and Schreiber are both on waivers, unbelievably. 

Arrieta, Drake, Gio Gonzalez, Cole Hamels, Ian Kennedy, Odorizzi, Paxton, Rosenthal, Samardzija, Shoemaker, Walker and Workman.

I'm not saying all those guys are going to be good in 2021, but I think there's going to be some decent value to be had in five or six of them.