• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

That’s quite lower than I expected for Mazara...makes me think a lot of teams are wary of him, making me feel better about passing. 

A big thing about Mazara, Joc, etc...these guys probably aren’t as interested in playing here too simply because the Angels have two top prospects ready to replace them. First slump and they’d have folks calling for them to be benched.

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

that would be glorious.  all the more reason for the halos to add and increase their chances of winning the division.  

I’ve been saying we’re just about at the stage where the A’s will deal one of Chapman, Olson, Laureano, or Manaea to start re-loading. 

I could easily see the Dodgers offering up some of Gray, Gonsolin, Lux, etc. for him...Athletics would have even more good young arms. 

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’ve been saying we’re just about at the stage where the A’s will deal one of Chapman, Olson, Laureano, or Manaea to start re-loading. 

I could easily see the Dodgers offering up some of Gray, Gonsolin, Lux, etc. for him...Athletics would have even more good young arms. 

Seems like the A's are trying to do the 90's Braves thing. As much young pitching with upside as possible. Just stack them up so they arrive one after another. 

Like the Angels with athletic outfielders or Latin American shortstops.

36 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'll be happy with one more really good reliever.  

Although the long Odorizzi sits out there, the more his price comes down.  I'm not a huge fan but at 3/30?  I'm down.  

That’s been my target for him from the start. Try to match the Gibson and Lynn deals. 

I still feel there are three distinct upgrades that still have some likelihood...and they could even do two or three if Arte approves.

1. Sign Odorizzi, Paxton, or Walker, or a salary dump Price trade.
  2. Sign Rosenthal or a couple vet RPs to cheap deals
  3. Swing a trade for Contreras...and maybe Hendricks.

Both a FA SP and a trade for Contreras could be feasible with freed up SP depth then avail. 

Either of the first two options are still in play because there’s a need, won’t cost any real prospects, and are a result of Minasian’s penny pinching.

Third option is in play because we have long-term need, Stassi could go back in the deal, it’s affordable, and we have sufficient MLB-ready depth in SP and OF now to allow us dealing from those pools. 

Edited by totdprods

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

That’s been my target for him from the start. Try to match the Gibson and Lynn deals. 

I still feel there are three distinct upgrades that still have some likelihood...and they could even do two or three if Arte approves.

1. Sign Odorizzi, Paxton, or Walker, or a salary dump Price trade.
  2. Sign Rosenthal or a couple vet RPs to cheap deals
  3. Swing a trade for Contreras...and maybe Hendricks.

Both a FA SP and a trade for Contreras could be feasible with freed up SP depth then avail. 

Either of the first two options are still in play because there’s a need, won’t cost any real prospects, and are a result of Minasian’s penny pinching.

Third option is in play because we have long-term need, Stassi could go back in the deal, it’s affordable, and we have sufficient MLB-ready depth in SP and OF now to allow us dealing from those pools. 

I'm pretty content with keeping Adell and Marsh at this point. If Hendricks and Contreras can be had for a package including Stassi, Adams and others then sure, but it's HIGHLY unlikely which means i'll pass. 

I'd love to see another starter come over. Angels would have ridiculous depth. It wouldn't be high-quality, but it'd be a rotation deep of true MLB starters. Something that can play extremely well with everyone suddenly playing a full season again.  

I'd feel much more confident if the Angels still got one of Odorizzi, Paxton, Walker or Rosenthal. It needs to be done. 

26 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I'm pretty content with keeping Adell and Marsh at this point. If Hendricks and Contreras can be had for a package including Stassi, Adams and others then sure, but it's HIGHLY unlikely which means i'll pass. 

I'd love to see another starter come over. Angels would have ridiculous depth. It wouldn't be high-quality, but it'd be a rotation deep of true MLB starters. Something that can play extremely well with everyone suddenly playing a full season again.  

I'd feel much more confident if the Angels still got one of Odorizzi, Paxton, Walker or Rosenthal. It needs to be done. 

I’d also be surprised if they gave up Marsh or Adell for even Hendricks and Contreras at this point. I’d entertain moving Canning in that deal, and if you added Adams, Jackson, and maybe another intriguing prospect or two further away, it could get done.

But it’s unlikely. The most realistic pie-in-the-sky guess at a offseason conclusion at this point, to me, would be signing one of Walker, Paxton, or Odorizzi (or acquiring Price for something light) and then turning some SP depth around - plus Adams and a SS prospect - for Contreras.

Edited by totdprods

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’d also be surprised if they gave up Marsh or Adell for even Hendricks and Contreras at this point. I’d entertain moving Canning in that deal, and if you added Adams, Jackson, and maybe another intriguing prospect or two further away, it could get done.

But it’s unlikely. The most realistic pie-in-the-sky guess at a offseason conclusion at this point, to me, would be signing one of Walker, Paxton, or Odorizzi (or acquiring Price for something light) and then turning some SP depth around - plus Adams and a SS prospect - for Contreras.

Agree 100%. If the Angels added another starer then I'd think someone has to be on the move. 

But then again, it's a year where pitchers haven't pitched a full season since 2019. The more depth the better.

With Minasian saying they're okay with the current roster makes me think the only other move would be to the bullpen. 

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I'd love to see another starter come over. Angels would have ridiculous depth. It wouldn't be high-quality, but it'd be a rotation deep of true MLB starters.

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If the Angels added another starer then I'd think someone has to be on the move. 

Just out of curiosity, who do you envision them moving? After last season, Bundy is going nowhere. Quintana and Cobb aren't getting moved after just being acquired - that would be pointless. Ohtani isn't getting traded and I highly doubt Canning is. Heaney is the only one who might theoretically be moved. No one else makes any sense.

So are you saying Heaney is not a true MLB starter? Or do you seen Canning being moved? Or do you think they'll just dump Cobb? I'm just not sure I understand what you're suggesting, tbh. 

16 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Just out of curiosity, who do you envision them moving? After last season, Bundy is going nowhere. Quintana and Cobb aren't getting moved after just being acquired - that would be pointless. Ohtani isn't getting traded and I highly doubt Canning is. Heaney is the only one who might theoretically be moved. No one else makes any sense.

So are you saying Heaney is not a true MLB starter? Or do you seen Canning being moved? Or do you think they'll just dump Cobb? I'm just not sure I understand what you're suggesting, tbh. 

Cobb isn't going anywhere. In all honestly I doubt they add another starter (if anything it's the bullpen), but if they did it'd be between Heaney and Canning being delt. Heaney would clear a little salary space for the Angels. Canning would only be traded if it was for the right package. Does that involve Contreras AND Hendricks? Sure, but he'd need to be paired with a big package including Adams. 

It makes 0 sense getting rid of Canning since he's cheap and not a free agent till 2026, but an argument can be made when it gives us an ace for 4 years and a solid catcher for 2 years.

Heaney getting dealt would likely happen long before Canning does and even then Heaney being delt this late in the offseason won't happen.

6 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Cobb isn't going anywhere. In all honestly I doubt they add another starter (if anything it's the bullpen), but if they did it'd be between Heaney and Canning being delt. Heaney would clear a little salary space for the Angels. Canning would only be traded if it was for the right package. Does that involve Contreras AND Hendricks? Sure, but he'd need to be paired with a big package including Adams. 

It makes 0 sense getting rid of Canning since he's cheap and not a free agent till 2026, but an argument can be made when it gives us an ace for 4 years and a solid catcher for 2 years.

Heaney getting dealt would likely happen long before Canning does and even then Heaney being delt this late in the offseason won't happen.

Ok, I don't necessarily disagree. I was just puzzled by the reference to a "rotation of true major league starters". Still not quite clear who doesn't fit their category that would be moved.

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

Ok, I don't necessarily disagree. I was just puzzled by the reference to a "rotation of true major league starters". Still not quite clear who doesn't fit their category that would be moved.

What I meant by that was by the Angels having solid options in the back-end of the rotation. Seems like we always had fill-in spots in years past. Sandoval/Barria (young and likely not ready), Peters, Suarez, Bridwell, Lamb... etc...

Just saying that with Bundy, Heaney, Quintana, Caning, Cobb and possibly Ohtani the Angels have a rotation with a lot more experience from what we've seen in years prior. 

Will that be good? No idea.