• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

Something got lost over posting. I guess I wasn't clear. The A's ownership has proven to be more successful than the Angels by doing all the things already pointed out and spending way less money. How is that me being a hypocrite? What is wrong with me stating facts? I don't know which owners are richer than other owners. The A's owners have more money than Arte? Okay. It sucks they don't put more money into their team for A's fans. Both owners are bad at winning a World Series. Arte just spends more money failing. They both don't know how to win a World Series. I don't know what the hell putting skin in the game means and I don't know how my post got misunderstood. I'm just pointing out facts. The A's play in a terrible stadium and barely have any fans and play in Oakland. Their ownership doesn't spend nearly as much money as they should and will only work within their budget and never go all in or spend over a certain amount and they trade any players before they cost a lot. See facts. What is wrong with that?

As wrong and inaccurate as Nightingale is, I'd much rather read his stuff than Jon Heyman, at least it almost always turns out to be hilariously wrong.  Heyman is just awful, even worse I can't read his tripe without hearing him say it... A truly annoying voice, reminds me of Ted Knights fake announcer voice.

Nightengale: Mets have made a record AAV offer to Bauer - they are now the favorites to sign him!

Source: Uh, no, our offer was less.

Nightengale: Oh. Mets clarify their offer is NOT a record AAV to Bauer. They are definitely the favorites to sign him!

Source: Um, that was like two weeks ago we submitted that offer.

Nightengale: Mets gave Bauer a lucrative offer ten days ago. NYC will be great for his brand! They're totally still the favorites to sign him!

🤦🏻‍♂️

I’ve heard a lot of fans suggest leaving the Bauer sweepstakes and grabbing another starter.  With what is on the free agent market, I’d only leave the Bauer quest if I can acquire Sonny Gray or better on the trade market.  I’m not ending my pursuit of Bauer if the end result is getting Odorizzi.  If you do get Sonny then you can afford other pieces.  

Just now, Stradling said:

I’ve heard a lot of fans suggest leaving the Bauer sweepstakes and grabbing another starter.  With what is on the free agent market, I’d only leave the Bauer quest if I can acquire Sonny Gray or better on the trade market.  I’m not ending my pursuit of Bauer if the end result is getting Odorizzi.  If you do get Sonny then you can afford other pieces.  

for me it really depends are where the number are at.  If his aav is above 30 and climbing, then I'm out.  I'm sure you know my feeling on Odorizzi as well.  Not even a remote consolation prize to the top FA pitcher imo.  

If Bauer's price is around 25m then ok.  If the 250m thing is even close to real then someone else can jump on that grenade.  

59 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

As wrong and inaccurate as Nightingale is, I'd much rather read his stuff than Jon Heyman, at least it almost always turns out to be hilariously wrong.  Heyman is just awful, even worse I can't read his tripe without hearing him say it... A truly annoying voice, reminds me of Ted Knights fake announcer voice.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Heyman reassigned to a small 5000 watt radio station in Fresno, California.