• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

11 hours ago, failos said:

Money is always the deciding factor

I don't believe Bauer will take less money to play on a WS contender, or to pitch every 4 days, or any of the other things he mentioned in his video.

In this league it's all about value and Bauer thinks his value is X, therefore he will demand X.

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't believe Bauer will take less money to play on a WS contender, or to pitch every 4 days, or any of the other things he mentioned in his video.

In this league it's all about value and Bauer thinks his value is X, therefore he will demand X.

His choice of agent, one with little experience, a methodology that fits with his social media inclinations, with atypical fee structures, makes me think that there is something to his statements about wanting to be "in a partnership" with his new club.  I interpret this partnership to mean the freedom to be as grandiose as he wants to be and getting whatever he wants in terms of setting up the analytic infrastructure and processes he desires. He strikes me as someone who is carrying wounds from feeling misunderstood by former teammates/coaches.  Now feeling vindicated by his success, he seems to want to avoid being in that "misunderstood" position again.  Whether all those comments are just to precipitate conversation with clubs to gauge how much they are willing to accommodate his ideas or if it truly is a priority that will override his salary target no one knows but him and his agent, but I suspect it can be a deciding factor.  Not the main factor but one that may cement a decision between two teams that have relatively similar proposals. 

32 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

Not the main factor but one that may cement a decision between two teams that have relatively similar proposals. 

Agree some of that stuff could come into play assuming there are multiple offers that meet his salary demand.

However I believe any offer that does not meet his salary demand goes to the bottom of the stack.

It’s unlikely the Angels grab another catcher, but it’s not completely unrealistic that Stassi’s surgery has him delayed to start the year or Minasian doesn’t buy last year’s breakout. 

Also a chance clubs are inquiring on Stassi in trade deals regarding pitching.

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

What are the Padres doing? They already don't have room for Kim, and now they ink Profar to a three year deal? That's a lot of money for someone to sit the bench.

bet they trade cronenworth for a high end controllable pen arm or two.  

It certainly feels like Bauer is still asking for $35+ million a year.  Someone, if they wait long enough is going to get him for considerably less.  If the Blue Jays sign Paxton, the Angels sign Odorizzi and the Mets spend money on outfield and the pen, then that leaves him signing a much more modest deal or a one year huge deal.