• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

19 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

That's what I think too. Most of the dominoes have fallen and now it looks like they want the Giants and Angels to come in with their final offer.

That last part is really telling. This tweet added absolutely nothing new but just wanted to call out the Giants and Angels.

The Giants doesn’t make a ton of sense to me from either side.

From Bauer’s side he gets the geographical bit. But the Dodgers and Padres are going to run that division for the next 2-3 years. He has said he wants to win. 

From the Giants side they must really like Bauer the teacher because like I said above, they’re not ready to go compete with the other two teams in their division are they?

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Man if we land Brad Hand I'd be fine with added a secondary piece for the rotation like Paxton, Tanaka, Walker or Odorizzi. 

I also don't think by adding Hand it takes us out of the Bauer sweepstakes. 

I don’t think so either. 

I know we give Arte shit but I think he sees the Trout window closing fast. I know he wants to win. Arte knows he’s not getting any younger and he wants to see a championship in his lifetime. He’s accomplished so much in his life that would have to be the last thing remaining on his bucket list. And we have maybe the greatest to ever play the game in his prime right now with another top 10 player as his side piece. 

The time is now.

Not terribly excited about Hand, makes me a little nervous the way relief money is being dished out and that every team passed on him in waivers. 

I would think you could get two or three guys from the Tepera, Shreve, Drake, Bass, Boxberger, Kintzler grouping with Hand money, and depth might matter more right now. 

Edited by totdprods

I don't think the reliever bright in necessarily need to be Brad Hand either. There are some early warning signs flashing with him right now. Relievers are so volatile anyway. 

Joakim Soria or Trevor Rosenthal could serve in a similar capacity and not come with the decrease in velocity, though they both come with concerns of their own. Soria is up there in age and miles, and Rosenthal has inexplicable bouts of control issues that last for months at a time. 

Edited by Second Base

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

You don't know that

Correct.  I don’t know that.  I can tell you the Angels won’t pay him that, which goes back to your question, why didn’t they just claim him.  They didn’t claim him because they aren’t going to pay him $10 million a season.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Correct.  I don’t know that.  I can tell you the Angels won’t pay him that, which goes back to your question, why didn’t they just claim him.  They didn’t claim him because they aren’t going to pay him $10 million a season.

I do think some teams did mis-judge the market a bit, as I am looking at some of the contracts we are seeing now.  I think in October/beg November, everyone thought no one would spend any money at all.

Granted, it's still a slow offseason, but seeing some of the contracts we are seeing now, it does appear that some teams are willing to offer rather significant deals to free agents.

I think Hand will ultimately get more than 10mil guaranteed, although probably spread over 2 seasons, as opposed to just 1.