• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

30 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

He tried with Cole. And Corbin. And Wheeler. And Greinke. 

You could say he needs to "try harder" but there's only so much he can control. He could offer Bauer 5/180 which is just idiotic and someone else could swoop in and offer him 6/225 and it's like what the fuck do you do? 

At some point, he'll have to overpay. He's done that with position players he really wants. He holds back on pitchers. He'll offer a lot of money, but not necessarily as much as it will take. Until he's willing to spend more than he's comfortable with for a TOR pitcher, nothing will change.

And I'm putting it on Arte because he's the one who has to approve a deal that big. That we haven't gotten one yet either means he's not making it a priority and insisting on it to the FO, or he's meddling like with the Dodgers trade. 

7 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I think these were the last leaks in hopes of Arte coming in and making his final offer

That's what I think too. Most of the dominoes have fallen and now it looks like they want the Giants and Angels to come in with their final offer.

That last part is really telling. This tweet added absolutely nothing new but just wanted to call out the Giants and Angels.

Edited by rafibomb

Just now, Bronson said:

If that’s the case, trade for Gray. Either one. Sonny or Jon. 

I think we'd have to overpay for Gray based on what the Padres gave away for Musgrove. 

To me, the only option is for Arte to spend more money and not prospects. 

Give it 1 year or breaking bank, then let the roughly $50M come off the books

Aaahh yes the dodgers...

There also looking at re-signing Turner

wait, last night it's reported that their looking at semien

today there looking at Bauer! 

i call bs, and this is just used to raise values for certain players.

There already close to the 200 mil, and still with the hole at 3rd. 

Kershaw and Seager are free agents after this season, that's easily 50-60 mil that could be added to the payroll for next year.

Buehler and Bellinger are getting expensive and are looking at big contracts in a year or two.