• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

1A97BB84-67CB-49FE-89C5-AE0312D7C994.pngGet it done Minisian. 

I would do this, yesterday, but how about a small wrinkle.. we dont really need 2 OF although i get it Desmond balances the deal.. maybe they toss in a reliver and we offer up a MIF.  Maybe something like Bard or Almonte and Rengifo? 
did some follow up im assuming maybe youre looking at Desmond for more than OF although he didnt do much of that in '19 it seems
They dont seem to have a lot of MIF prospects per their top list so maybe thats something they would value?
I broke down and tried the simulator and that comes out slightly in our favor at 63-56 but something like that instead of eating Desmond? 
Just spitballing
Were still taking a lot of money from them at about 31M if were going to shot our wad we better get all the boxes checked.

29 minutes ago, EdmontonAngelsFan said:

I'd be completely shocked if what Maria Torres is saying is correct. 

A team that desperately needs a top of the line pitcher? A team that has whiffed over the last 3 years in acquiring one? A team that has verbally admitted they need to really figure out what's wrong? and suddenly they AREN'T interested? Come on now.....

I still think we are going to get our TOR arm this year, albeit at the trade deadline.  Paxton/Odorizzi, RF platoon player and a BP set-up man will practically ensure they are in the race at the deadline, especially with Callaway having more time to work with some of the guys that have the tools but haven't been able to put it together (thinking of IP's post re: Sandoval).  At that point they, and the trade partners, will have more data to evaluate the players that  presently have physical potential moreso than experience and results, as a major part of their valuation. I think the Reds are keeping Gray and Castillo at this point to make it look more like a retooling year than a rebuild, but when the Cubs and Cards or even Brewers outpace them they will be able to present trading their top arms to their fans as "well, we tried but it didn't work out".  Obviously there will be more arms from more teams to choose from but I see the Reds as still a prime source for getting the pitching the Angels will need to push into the post-season based on my hopeful projection that Adell's and other prospect's values will be enhanced with playing time in the appropriate minor league level.

3 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

A team that desperately needs a top of the line pitcher? A team that has whiffed over the last 3 years in acquiring one? A team that has verbally admitted they need to really figure out what's wrong? and suddenly they AREN'T interested? Come on now.....

So in your opinion then why would Maria write that article?

You don’t write something like that unless you know for sure. Unless of course she truly does not care about her job and having any sort of access to the Angels in the future.

7 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

You don’t write something like that unless you know for sure. Unless of course she truly does not care about her job and having any sort of access to the Angels in the future.

Somebody would have to be deliberately misleading her.

3 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

^^^^   It may also be a lot less about Callaway/Maddon and more.that Minasian thinks he has a better chance at succeeding if he doesn’t spend 9 figures on one pitcher....

20 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Why?  It actually makes sense if either we are not willing to go over budget or they believe he doesnt want to be here for whatever reason, Calloway or lack of winner etc...  They should have known that after exploratory conversations.  It would explain why we may never have actually made an offer if his camp never came back with anything different. 

26 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Sometimes just not a fit for money or headaches.

14 minutes ago, DMVol said:

^^^^   It may also be a lot less about Callaway/Maddon and more.that Minasian thinks he has a better chance at succeeding if he doesn’t spend 9 figures on one pitcher....

Bauer may have also told them that they are out. Bauer has said he wants to break the news himself. The Mets dealing Matz may have blown the surprise. 

The Angels may be trying to control the narrative before the national media sh!t’s all over them for not landing Bauer

10 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If that's the package then i'm 100% in. Just don't touch Marsh or Adell quite yet.

I’d prefer to wait on any big trade until July, and see how the prospects are faring on the farm.

Just get Odorizzi or Paxton along with Rosenthal and Pillar in here.  ST is 19 days from now.

11 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I don't know.
Why would Bob Nightengale write an article saying the Mets have offered Bauer a record AAV deal? Then backtrack? 
Why would Jon Heyman start breaking info/rumors from Luba before she can even deny or confirm? 

Maria's story claims the Angels aren't "in" on Bauer. But even if we find out that they made an offer or engaged with him it completely voids her story.

All I'm saying is we've seen time and time again with writers jumping the gun on rumors and stories all to be the first.

They need to start being held accountable if it becomes misleading. 

17 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I don't know.
Why would Bob Nightengale write an article saying the Mets have offered Bauer a record AAV deal? Then backtrack? 
Why would Jon Heyman start breaking info/rumors from Luba before she can even deny or confirm? 

Maria's story claims the Angels aren't "in" on Bauer. But even if we find out that they made an offer or engaged with him it completely voids her story.

All I'm saying is we've seen time and time again with writers jumping the gun on rumors and stories all to be the first.

They need to start being held accountable if it becomes misleading. 

Maria’s job depends heavily on maintaining a good working relationship with the Angels. Heyman and Nightengale can throw shit at the wall all they want, whether they’re right or wrong doesn’t seem to make much of a difference anymore for them. 

Now we obviously don’t know for certain what the Angels intentions with Maria are but it certainly seems like they’re going to use her to control the narrative.

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

Bauer may have also told them that they are out. Bauer has said he wants to break the news himself. The Mets dealing Matz may have blown the surprise. 

The Angels may be trying to control the narrative before the national media sh!t’s all over them for not landing Bauer

Show me another example of the Angels using the media to create agenda. 

Minasian's front office hasn't had any leaks yet, and I have a very difficult time believing that Maria Torres, for the LAT is going to be Minasian's mouthpiece for the media. 

Torres has never been an impressive reporter. Calling it like it is. She never struck me as bad, but as an Angels beat reporter, she's been pretty non-impact, comparatively. 

So Maria Torres' source, likely isn't from the Angels and if it isn't from the Angels, the only other possibility in regards to Bauer is that her source is Bauer himself or Rachel Luba.

Spoiler Alert: They aren't talking to her either. 

Torres' isn't wrong in her assessment. She's wrong in pretending it's coming from an inside source. 

Edited by Second Base

4 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Minasian's front office hasn't had any leaks yet, and I have a very difficult time believing that Maria Torres, for the LAT is going to be Minasian's mouthpiece for the media. 

Torres has never been an impressive reporter. Calling it like it is. She never struck me as bad, but as an Angels beat reporter, she's been pretty non-impact, comparatively. 

So Maria Torres' source, likely isn't from the Angels and if it isn't from the Angels, the only other possibility in regards to Bauer is that her source is Bauer himself or Rachel Luba.

Spoiler Alert: They aren't talking to her either. 

Torres' isn't wrong in her assessment. She's wrong in pretending it's coming from an inside source. 

It is also telling that Fabian and Fletcher have yet to comment, either way, on Torres' article. 

15 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Show me another example of the Angels using the media to create agenda. 

You can choose to believe whatever you want. 

I have friends who cover other teams and know how these things can work. Things can also change daily which is why she left the door just a tad open with the ‘unless there’s a change’ part in her article to cover her ass.

Like I said, we don’t know for certain but I have a very difficult time believing Maria just did this herself. If she did... oh boy