• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

2 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I do think some teams did mis-judge the market a bit, as I am looking at some of the contracts we are seeing now.  I think in October/beg November, everyone thought no one would spend any money at all.

Granted, it's still a slow offseason, but seeing some of the contracts we are seeing now, it does appear that some teams are willing to offer rather significant deals to free agents.

I think Hand will ultimately get more than 10mil guaranteed, although probably spread over 2 seasons, as opposed to just 1. 

isn't that a long way of saying no one's going to pay him 10 million this year?

Not sure if anyone noticed but the trade value site dropped Sonny Gray's value from 35.9 to 29.7.

The Red believe they can win the division so I highly doubt Gray gets moved, but if he does, Angels might be able to offer package around Adams and not Marsh. 

If this was the case then I'd be content not pursuing Bauer and getting Gray + Hand + Pederson

But still not Odorizzi please.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.28.45 PM.png

10 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Not sure if anyone noticed but the trade value site dropped Sonny Gray's value from 35.9 to 29.7.

The Red believe they can win the division so I highly doubt Gray gets moved, but if he does, Angels might be able to offer package around Adams and not Marsh. 

If this was the case then I'd be content not pursuing Bauer and getting Gray + Hand + Pederson

But still not Odorizzi please.

Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.28.45 PM.png

I read Reds are trying to compete again

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone else find it odd that so may of us Angel fans are worried about RF, but we aren’t worried about 1st base?  I mean Walsh is just as big of a question mark in my mind as Ward.  

I'm not worried about either one.

Just pitching.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone else find it odd that so may of us Angel fans are worried about RF, but we aren’t worried about 1st base?  I mean Walsh is just as big of a question mark in my mind as Ward.  

I'm just worried about the rotation. Both of those positions are much easier to replace every year than pitching is.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'm not worried about Walsh at all. The guy translated his hitting and power from the minors to the big leagues. He also made a slight adjustment in his approach at the plate that made him even better with the Angels. His defense was solid too! 

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You are correct in that both are questions, but Walsh put up a 293/324/971 line last year with 9 HR, Ward was 277/333/716 with 0 HR and is not an actual RF bringing questions both with bat and glove into play.  They are the same age, yet one seems much further along in development.
I would much prefer to see Walsh at 1B with an upgrade in RF and Ward as a swing man of sorts.
plus lets be honest, Pujols is still going to be the primary 1B unless he absolutely tanks. 

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Thanks Angels61!  

If by chance they both go back to pre-2020 results, this is going to be a brutal year.  We will have Scheiber (no idea if that is his name, but close enough) in RF and Albert at 1st base.  

It's Jan. 21.

Plus it's not like Justin Bour is penciled in at 1B

Edited by T.G.