• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

3 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

They are "officially a free agent" 9am tomorrow but can't "sign until Sunday"???? 

So they aren't a free agent yet...

When does free agency begin?

Officially, players become free agents the day after the conclusion of the World Series. However, they cannot sign with a new team until five days after the conclusion of the World Series. So while teams are able to reach out to player representatives, the five-day period serves as an exclusive window in which teams can retain their departing free agents. Quite often, this is a period with very little activity.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-offseason-dates-rules-and-terms#:~:text=When does free agency begin,conclusion of the World Series.

If Bauer pitches like he did in 2018 or 2020, he'll be a great addition to the Angels. If he doesn't pitch like he did in any of those two seasons, he'll be overpaid. The guy reminds me of Ervin Santana. Santana had a few good years as a pitcher but he was all over the place. Had many okay/bad seasons on the mound mixed in with those good seasons. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

So if he's good he's worth the money and if he's bad he's not. That's profound

My doctor said if I eat more calories than I burn, I will gain weight.  If I burn more than I eat, I will lose weight.

I mean I guess I should believe him after all those years of medical school.

4 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

If Bauer pitches like he did in 2018 or 2020, he'll be a great addition to the Angels. If he doesn't pitch like he did in any of those two seasons, he'll be overpaid. The guy reminds me of Ervin Santana. Santana had a few good years as a pitcher but he was all over the place. Had many okay/bad seasons on the mound mixed in with those good seasons. 

I think Santana was one of our more underrated SP

30 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Wait, FA starts this weekend and we have no GM.....and nobody close to be hired either.  That's awesome!

awesome old school GIF

This will be a slow process for free agency since no one knows what revenue looks like next year, also we have no idea if we are close or not.  We “weren’t close” last week, but things change and can change quickly.