• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Former Marlins President/GM Michael Hill is a candidate for the Angels GM position

BTH

17 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

He's the guy you were thinking of...  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Stewart_(baseball)

On September 25, 2014, the Arizona Diamondbacks hired Stewart to become their general manager, replacing Towers. He reported to La Russa, his former manager when he played for Oakland, who served as the Diamondbacks' chief baseball officer.[85] He transferred his management company to former A's teammate Dave Henderson when he took the Diamondbacks job.[86] On December 4, 2015, the Diamondbacks agreed to a six-year contract with free agent pitcher Zack Greinke worth a total of $206.5 million. At that time, it held the highest annual average value in MLB, exceeding $34.4 million per year, and was also the largest contract by total value in team history.[87] Stewart later said of the contract, "It could be franchise-changing for us, if everything goes well."[88] In October 2016, Stewart and manager Chip Hale were fired by the Diamondbacks.[89]

No I wasn’t thinking of him. I didn’t think Byrnes was the one who signed Grienke. But thank you. 

33 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

No I wasn’t thinking of him. I didn’t think Byrnes was the one who signed Grienke. But thank you. 

Fair enough, he just more closely resembled the person you described as having signed/traded a bunch of guys.  But Byrnes was the guy who made the really big three team trade that had Max Scherzer and Ian Kennedy in it, so maybe that's what you meant and I misunderstood.    The only other guy would have been Kevin Towers.

22 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Fair enough, he just more closely resembled the person you described as having signed/traded a bunch of guys.  But Byrnes was the guy who made the really big three team trade that had Max Scherzer and Ian Kennedy in it, so maybe that's what you meant and I misunderstood.    The only other guy would have been Kevin Towers.

I think it was that trade and wasn't there a big trade involving Atlanta as well? Maybe I am mis remembering? 

29 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I think it was that trade and wasn't there a big trade involving Atlanta as well? Maybe I am mis remembering? 

There was, but the Atlanta one was Stewart...   They sent Dansby Swanson a year after taking him first overall plus Ender Enciarte for Shelby Miller who absolutely tanked.  

Kevin Towers also made his Upton and Chris Young for Nick Ahmed, Martin Prado, Randall Delgado and Brandon Drury deal with Atlanta.

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

There was, but the Atlanta one was Stewart...   They sent Dansby Swanson a year after taking him first overall plus Ender Enciarte for Shelby Miller who absolutely tanked.  

Kevin Towers also made his Upton and Chris Young for Nick Amber, Martin Prado, Randall Delgado and Brandon Drury deal with Atlanta.

Ahh now I am more confused. They've had so many terrible GMs. 

Also I think the one I am remembering is the Atlanta one. So you were right with Stewart. Now I don't remember what Byrnes haha. Either way I think being GM of the Diamondbacks should exclude you from being GM again. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ahh now I am more confused. They've had so many terrible GMs. 

You know what's a real kick in the throat for their fans??? They had Mike Rizzo there from day one of the franchise until 2006 when they gave Byrnes the job over him.  Rizzo went to DC, the Nationals haven't looked back.

13 hours ago, T.G. said:

The D-Backs also traded Scherzer... but I don't remember the GM

Hi...

On 10/25/2020 at 6:12 PM, Inside Pitch said:

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Have we really had this whole GM discussion without mentioning the mandatory name of Kim Ng?

Well, since you brought her up, maybe they should have hired her instead of Dipoto after they interviewed her that year (They also interviewed Eppler that same offseason). Currently she's the VP of baseball operations MLB.