• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Most important issues.

6 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I feel like we need to have the birds and the bees talk with Taylor.

It's funny (and sad) how many parents never teach their kids about sex. It's especially prevalent among Christians who are afraid just mentioning sex will corrupt their kids and turn them into prostitutes.

My parents gave me "the talk" when I was in 4th grade. Good times.

2 hours ago, Spin Rate said:

I think liberal parents tend to be more permissive and conservative parents tend to be more authoritarian. Smart parents are authoritative. 

I'm not a parent (yet) so right now it's easy to be judgmental of parents.

I like your humility. What you say works...in theory. Every kid is different, and some are very clever. It is a dance. But I agree. I tend to be rather permissive, but also have seen the downsides. I worked with a conservative guy who hit his kids when they acted out. They were a lot more well-behaved then my entitled brats, but who knows what sort of psychological damage they were causing. I tend to think that there are truths in both domains, and we're all still trying to find the best of both worlds. 

Looking back (my girls are 12 and 15), if I could do some things differently I'd have clearer boundaries and rules around certain things: e.g. daily chores, which I've only done sporadically. But all things tolled, my girls are good, strong individuals, so I'm mostly OK with how I've parented. A few bad moments, but nothing traumatizing.

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

I just set my son up with Cinemax in his room. He'll figure it out. 

What is this, 1990? If he has the internet, he's...figuring it out. Perhaps right now. Just knock before you enter his room.

2 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I just set my son up with Cinemax in his room. He'll figure it out. 

one of my parents (she was a knockout) back in the 90s was an aspiring actress with bit roles here and there. one of those roles was in a cinemax show called red shoe diaries. she got down and got funky. our school maintenance man recorded the episode she was in. one afternoon my principal called a couple of us into his office and we watched the tape. i never looked at that woman the same way again.

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I like your humility. What you say works...in theory. Every kid is different, and some are very clever. It is a dance. But I agree. I tend to be rather permissive, but also have seen the downsides. I worked with a conservative guy who hit his kids when they acted out. They were a lot more well-behaved then my entitled brats, but who knows what sort of psychological damage they were causing. I tend to think that there are truths in both domains, and we're all still trying to find the best of both worlds. 

Looking back (my girls are 12 and 15), if I could do some things differently I'd have clearer boundaries and rules around certain things: e.g. daily chores, which I've only done sporadically. But all things tolled, my girls are good, strong individuals, so I'm mostly OK with how I've parented. A few bad moments, but nothing traumatizing.

What is this, 1990? If he has the internet, he's...figuring it out. Perhaps right now. Just knock before you enter his room.

Exactly. Kids in abusive homes are scared into acting well-behaved around other people, to help foster the "family image."

3 hours ago, Tank said:

one of my parents (she was a knockout) back in the 90s was an aspiring actress with bit roles here and there. one of those roles was in a cinemax show called red shoe diaries. she got down and got funky. our school maintenance man recorded the episode she was in. one afternoon my principal called a couple of us into his office and we watched the tape. i never looked at that woman the same way again.

Who else thought Tank was referring to his mom when they first started reading this?

4 hours ago, Tank said:

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

Who else thought Tank was referring to his mom when they first started reading this?

Beat me to it.

12 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

So you're saying that once the woman says "yes," the man's responsibility ends unless it is rape? Isn't he equally responsible if he ejaculates inside her? And more, if she tells him not to but he does anyway?

A man's responsibility is inconsequential since has no right to choose. You are creating an argument for a condition that doesn't exist once it was adjudicated that women alone had the right to choose.

His actions can only take place within the confines of the woman's decision making. If she does not demand a condom then it is a chain of likely events that vaginal ejaculation will take place. Saying don't, does not insure that will not happen.

It's like walking out into a busy intersection and putting up your hand and saying don't run me over. Entering the intersection precluded any demands after that an undesirable outcome would take place. 

Rights to choose have cause and effect responsibility. Thank goodness women have decided to free themselves from male chauvinism and demand their rights. The right to say when and where and when they didn't take necessary precautions they can, without interference, choose the fate of the fetus. 

Rights. Responsibilities. They are not mutually exclusive. But one's rights does not force a responsibility onto another. 

It is weird how you complete release men from any responsibility. If she doesn't "demand a condom," he doesn't have to stick it in, he doesn't have to go bare-back, he doesn't have to ejaculate. Your whole shpiel paints men as victims or, worse, unstoppable steam engines that once they get going, there's no stopping them, and they're released from all accountability. It is the woman's fault, because she didn't say no! And we were in the back of my Spitfire, so she had it coming! Please.

This is the world we live in. You will just have to accept your sub roll without complaining that women have stripped you of your male dominance and just deal with it.

Until Amy Barrett takes away the right of women to choose, then your back in the saddle calling the shots. 

11 hours ago, Lou said:

10 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Beat me to it.

10 hours ago, Spin Rate said:

I absolutely did.

it appears my proofreading skills need some fine-tuning.