• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Morosi: Names emerge in Angels GM search

mmc

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Good to see you so willing to engage and hear others out dude.. so, Props.   The forum has been a good read lately, not a lot of the sort of crap you talking about... just people debating, discussing, and sharing their opinions minus the petty BS.    It makes for a better experience for all of us.  

I couldn't agree more with the point about less bitter petty stuff much more enjoyable when it's just discussing and debating. To the other point always ready to engage and for the most part I will admit when I am wrong and gladly accept that. Thanks for the clarification on some of the Dipoto signings I totally forgot about those. 3

39 minutes ago, Hufflepuff said:

Billy Eppler a candidate in Miami. I wish him well if he gets that job, but it would hurt to see it

Why do you say that? I hope Eppler has a good career in front of him. It didn't work out here in Anaheim for whatever reason. I hope the Angels make the right move on the next hire or two. 

Regarding our Gm search, at the end of the day, it's Arte decision to make, but i hope the new gm has the abilty to do/ improve characterist;

1. Better player development and is a known  name on the international market and have the abilty to attract top tier talent. 

Now with that done, it's all in Arte Moreno hands to improves the team aswelll

1. Put more into player developmet/ Scouting

2. Health, escpially  the pitching aspect. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 11:57 PM, Kevinb said:

Why do you say that? I hope Eppler has a good career in front of him. It didn't work out here in Anaheim for whatever reason. I hope the Angels make the right move on the next hire or two. 

I say that cause I’m sad to see him go. I thought he was a great GM and just needed a couple more years to turn us into a sustainable playoff contender. I hate to see him do that for another team when I feel like he could have done that in Anaheim 

5 hours ago, Hufflepuff said:

I say that cause I’m sad to see him go. I thought he was a great GM and just needed a couple more years to turn us into a sustainable playoff contender. I hate to see him do that for another team when I feel like he could have done that in Anaheim 

He had 5 the next GM will build upon what he started. With hopefully more success. 

26 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

He had 5 the next GM will build upon what he started. With hopefully more success. 

once again, you've failed to account for any semblance of context.  To say that 5 years is enough based on any situation is not reasonable in my opinion.  Eppler made mistakes.  Enough of them to get him fired in the opinion of the guy running the show.  

I have my doubts whether anyone the Angels bring in will be able to have success in the expected time frame set forth by the HMFIC under the parameters he sets which I consider to be somewhat unrealistic.  

The margin for error in doing it the way he was being asked to do it was close to zero.  

I hope the next guy does a better job.  Best of luck to him.  

8 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

once again, you've failed to account for any semblance of context.  To say that 5 years is enough based on any situation is not reasonable in my opinion.  Eppler made mistakes.  Enough of them to get him fired in the opinion of the guy running the show.  

I have my doubts whether anyone the Angels bring in will be able to have success in the expected time frame set forth by the HMFIC under the parameters he sets which I consider to be somewhat unrealistic.  

The margin for error in doing it the way he was being asked to do it was close to zero.  

I hope the next guy does a better job.  Best of luck to him.  

I’ll bet the next guy gets a 5 year contract and if that guy doesn’t get to the playoffs within that 5 year span the powers that be will find a new guy to try and make it happen with a 5 year contract. 

Eppler had his shot and while he did well he didn’t do well enough. I don’t know how many GMs get extended on their contract with out success and success meaning getting to the playoffs. Eppler was a good hire and a good GM do I think we can find better yes. But doesn’t mean I think he wasn’t good. Just wasn’t good enough at the end of the day. 

54 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I’ll bet the next guy gets a 5 year contract and if that guy doesn’t get to the playoffs within that 5 year span the powers that be will find a new guy to try and make it happen with a 5 year contract. 

Eppler had his shot and while he did well he didn’t do well enough. I don’t know how many GMs get extended on their contract with out success and success meaning getting to the playoffs. Eppler was a good hire and a good GM do I think we can find better yes. But doesn’t mean I think he wasn’t good. Just wasn’t good enough at the end of the day. 

And when the next GM is signed and when he gets to the playoffs it will more than likely be due to the work and players brought in by Eppler. Meanwhile Eppler took over a dumpster fire.  New GM is taking over a team that lacks front line pitching, and that’s about it. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And when the next GM is signed and when he gets to the playoffs it will more than likely be due to the work and players brought in by Eppler. Meanwhile Eppler took over a dumpster fire.  New GM is taking over a team that lacks front line pitching, and that’s about it. 

The next GM will have to do deal with Trout going from the best player on the planet to aging and in his eventual decline. Every GM has issues they have to deal with. 

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

The next GM will have to do deal with Trout going from the best player on the planet to aging and in his eventual decline. Every GM has issues they have to deal with. 

And without Eppler there’s a pretty good chance Trout would be gone 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

And without Eppler there’s a pretty good chance Trout would be gone 

Sure and again I’m ok with that. But we both know Arte was going to pay whatever it took to keep him. But sure Eppler was the one to re sign him. I never said he didn’t. Eppler had Trout for his peak. The next GM will have Trout during his decline.