• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP Joe Morgan

Stradling

geez - we've really been losing the baseball legends of late.

Joe Morgan was perhaps the best 2B of all time.  That Big Red Machine team was sparked by his and Pete Rose's aggressive style of play.

I liked him on the Sunday night baseball broadcast with Jon Miller -- even if he kept referring to our team as the CALIFORNIA ANGELS long after they shed that name,.  Even that became something fun to joke about -- apparently Jackie Autry must have listened to the Morgan-Miller broadcasts because who could forget her awarding the Commissioner's trophy in 2002 and congratulating the CALIFORNIA ANGELS.   RIP Joe Morgan - one of the game's greats -- played with several teams and suddenly the team he was on, became better.

On 10/13/2020 at 10:00 PM, Dtwncbad said:

Some people like being honest.  I like what that says about me.

Thanks.

dumbass comment. you feel it necessary to "be honest" in a thread about a guy dying. shows a level of immaturity that's all too common these days. pretty poor showing on your part. my sense is i usually like your contributions. 

On 10/16/2020 at 6:12 PM, ukyah said:

dumbass comment. you feel it necessary to "be honest" in a thread about a guy dying. shows a level of immaturity that's all too common these days. pretty poor showing on your part. my sense is i usually like your contributions. 

I don’t OWE Joe Morgan any respect.  He earned the opposite.  You can be unhappy with this if you like.  It’s OK to disagree.

44 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t OWE Joe Morgan any respect.  He earned the opposite.  You can be unhappy with this if you like.  It’s OK to disagree.

this'll be my last comment about this topic, and i'm extending you some respect on this because my memory of your posts are usually agreeable.

i didn't say you owe joe morgan your respect. i said disparaging a man when he dies to those who are paying respect or sharing fond memories is a low class move on your part. if you had an enemy in life and he died would you go to his funeral to hurl insults? the man is dead, what are you gaining? when i said show some class, what i meant was, just don't post. don't mothers teach the, if you don't have anything nice to say rule anymore? if none of that makes any sense to you, then so be it. i'm done being moralistic. 

i'm glad the astros lost tonight, fucking cheating hypocritical cocksuckers.

13 hours ago, ukyah said:

this'll be my last comment about this topic, and i'm extending you some respect on this because my memory of your posts are usually agreeable.

i didn't say you owe joe morgan your respect. i said disparaging a man when he dies to those who are paying respect or sharing fond memories is a low class move on your part. if you had an enemy in life and he died would you go to his funeral to hurl insults? the man is dead, what are you gaining? when i said show some class, what i meant was, just don't post. don't mothers teach the, if you don't have anything nice to say rule anymore? if none of that makes any sense to you, then so be it. i'm done being moralistic. 

i'm glad the astros lost tonight, fucking cheating hypocritical cocksuckers.

I get your angle, and I don’t disagree with your interest in being respectful (or just quiet).

But I didn’t go to Joe Morgan’s funeral.  This is a message board.

Completely different.

And, Morgan never passed on an opportunity to say something Unnecessarily dismissive or disrespectful about other players or other people.  This is a big part in me being perfectly willing to “tell it like it is” about Joe.

But Again I respect your Interest in not joining me in it.

Edited by Dtwncbad