• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

RIP Joe Morgan

Stradling

A total beast from 1972-76, with 47.3 WAR over that five-year span, an average of almost 9.5 per season. His 1975 season was the last time a position player reached 11.0 WAR until Barry Bonds in 2001. His career 98.8 WAR is fourth highest among second baseman after Rogers Hornsby, Eddie Collins, and Nap Lajoie - all players of the early 20th century. In other words, Morgan was the greatest 2B of the post-WW II era.

Edited by Angelsjunky

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

EkI0Vz2VcAEfDKy.jpeg

RIP Joe Morgan, one of the greatest 2B to ever play. The HOF was one of just two players ever with 2500+ career hits, 600+SB and 250+HR

I remember about 15 years ago I was having lunch at a restaurant at a golf course in Reno, NV.  I heard his distinctive voice at the next table, there was no mistaking it.  Looked over and there he was.  Couldn't have been nicer when I briefly interrupted his lunch to thank him for some terrific childhood baseball memories.

Joe Morgan deeply and passionately hated every person on this message board for having any opinion on baseball because you are not Joe Morgan.  Who are you?  You are not Joe Morgan.

Sadly, that’s who this guy was outside the lines.

Respectfully, but honestly, we lost a great baseball player, exclusively.

Great ballplayer.

39 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:
56 minutes ago, Tank said:

wow. sorry to hear this news.

gibson, seaver, whitey ford, brock, and now morgan, all within a few weeks of each other.

Mr Morgan is the sixth inductee of the Baseball Hall of Fame to die this year and the fifth in five weeks. 😢

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I've honestly missed his shitty announcing... there was something comforting about listening to him and Tim McCarver talk out of their asses back in the 90's / early 2000's. They were a reminder of simpler times.

I couldn’t stand him or McCarver.  Unbearable.