• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Qualifying offer will be 18.9 million for Andrelton Simmons

On 10/8/2020 at 6:07 PM, beatlesrule said:

Wow, some of you here are really downplaying how good Simmons is. His defense alone kept us in many games over the years. I think he can definitely make more than 18.9 million. Even 3/33 is more guaranteed money. Hell, 2/25 is more etc.  Like it's been stated, not many SS on the market so I think offering him a QO is a no brainer. If he accepts, you have a guy trying to prove he is worth a bigger contract in 2022 and will be helping the pitching staff. If he gets at least a 2 WAR(I think his WAR will be higher), he is worth it. I don't know which teams need a SS though so there's that.

His ankles are weak after 2 injuries over the last 2 seasons. He isn't worth the risk at $18.9M...

Bring back La Stella to play 2B. He was an all star with us. He should be got for a reasonable amount. From what read on the A's message board he was a fan favorite in Oakland.

Since I haven't seen anyone mention

Do the Angels get a first round pick if they don't accept the QO?

I can't remember if they changed that rule or not. I think many teams will be reluctant to sign him if they also have to give up their 1st rounder.

26 minutes ago, NrM said:

Since I haven't seen anyone mention

Do the Angels get a first round pick if they don't accept the QO?

I can't remember if they changed that rule or not. I think many teams will be reluctant to sign him if they also have to give up their 1st rounder.

See the link GotBeer posted on Page 1 of this thread.  Its a formula.

• 3 months later...

On 10/8/2020 at 6:07 PM, beatlesrule said:

Wow, some of you here are really downplaying how good Simmons is. His defense alone kept us in many games over the years. I think he can definitely make more than 18.9 million. Even 3/33 is more guaranteed money. Hell, 2/25 is more etc.  Like it's been stated, not many SS on the market so I think offering him a QO is a no brainer. If he accepts, you have a guy trying to prove he is worth a bigger contract in 2022 and will be helping the pitching staff. If he gets at least a 2 WAR(I think his WAR will be higher), he is worth it. I don't know which teams need a SS though so there's that.

tenor.gif?itemid=5390756