Qualifying offer will be 18.9 million for Andrelton Simmons

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No. Because I don’t know him. 

All I care about is the GM is someone who will return my calls and tell me what’s going on, and for that I’m better off with one of the guys I already know. 

thanks for the input.  It would certainly make this place very interesting if it were a person with whom you have a good preexisting relationship.  

I'm getting the feeling it's not going to be Dombrowski.  Just a hunch.  I would have thought if he were going to be the guy it would have happened pretty quickly.  For some of the reasons why he'd have fit, it might be why Arte wouldn't want him.  My guess is that he'd want full control and I'm not sure that's who Arte would want.   

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simba ain't getting so much as a Christmas card after quitting, let alone a check for $18.9m.

The current salary structure in MLB is not sustainable when there is 0 attendance.  

i have loved having simba on the team. what an amazing player to watch on defense night after night. at $18.9 mil, i'm sure gonna miss him when he signs with the twins or tigers or whoever else.

Posted Images

On 10/8/2020 at 6:07 PM, beatlesrule said:

Wow, some of you here are really downplaying how good Simmons is. His defense alone kept us in many games over the years. I think he can definitely make more than 18.9 million. Even 3/33 is more guaranteed money. Hell, 2/25 is more etc.  Like it's been stated, not many SS on the market so I think offering him a QO is a no brainer. If he accepts, you have a guy trying to prove he is worth a bigger contract in 2022 and will be helping the pitching staff. If he gets at least a 2 WAR(I think his WAR will be higher), he is worth it. I don't know which teams need a SS though so there's that.

His ankles are weak after 2 injuries over the last 2 seasons. He isn't worth the risk at $18.9M...

Bring back La Stella to play 2B. He was an all star with us. He should be got for a reasonable amount. From what read on the A's message board he was a fan favorite in Oakland.

Since I haven't seen anyone mention

Do the Angels get a first round pick if they don't accept the QO?

I can't remember if they changed that rule or not. I think many teams will be reluctant to sign him if they also have to give up their 1st rounder.

26 minutes ago, NrM said:

Since I haven't seen anyone mention

Do the Angels get a first round pick if they don't accept the QO?

I can't remember if they changed that rule or not. I think many teams will be reluctant to sign him if they also have to give up their 1st rounder.

See the link GotBeer posted on Page 1 of this thread.  Its a formula.