There's some discussion going on currently about people leaving the forum due to political differences. Hell I've considered it and have had my own tantrums. Most people here are set in their ways, but don't take these arguments and differences too seriously.

However, I'm not one of them. I get riled up over this shit. It's not my meds, or my depression or whatever excuse I can come up with. I simply don't like people having different views. It's hard for me to process, because to me, I'm right. I know the truth.

But my "truth" will always be different than someone elses. For whatever reason I've been unable to accept this. I think it's a level of immaturity and groupthink I've experienced my entire life. My family are liberals, as are all my close friends. Hell all my coworkers are liberal, or at WORST completely ambivalent.

Basically what I'm trying to say, is that I'm a pussy who wants to live in a bubble. I don't know how to argue like an adult. But I won't ever leave the forum (sorry) because I disagree with most of you. Hopefully I can learn to live with dissenting opinions and grow a set of testicles even @calscuf would be impressed by.

You're all good people. Chuck and I could not possibly be further on the political spectrum, but he is anything but racist (his wife is a hot Asian fuck you) and is a genuinely good dude in person. As we always say, I'd have a beer with any of you. Even @Tank.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

There's some discussion going on currently about people leaving the forum due to political differences. Hell I've considered it and have had my own tantrums. Most people here are set in their ways, but don't take these arguments and differences too seriously.

However, I'm not one of them. I get riled up over this shit. It's not my meds, or my depression or whatever excuse I can come up with. I simply don't like people having different views. It's hard for me to process, because to me, I'm right. I know the truth.

But my "truth" will always be different than someone elses. For whatever reason I've been unable to accept this. I think it's a level of immaturity and groupthink I've experienced my entire life. My family are liberals, as are all my close friends. Hell all my coworkers are liberal, or at WORST completely ambivalent.

Basically what I'm trying to say, is that I'm a pussy who wants to live in a bubble. I don't know how to argue like an adult. But I won't ever leave the forum (sorry) because I disagree with most of you. Hopefully I can learn to live with dissenting opinions and grow a set of testicles even @calscuf would be impressed by.

You're all good people. Chuck and I could not possibly be further on the political spectrum, but he is anything but racist (his wife is a hot Asian fuck you) and is a genuinely good dude in person. As we always say, I'd have a beer with any of you. Even @Tank.

Good post Tdawg. I spent the first twenty years of my life in very liberal northern California (East Bay Area) but with a very conservative family who listened to Michael Savage and had Fox news on constantly. Since it was liberal echo chamber of an environment, I tended to lean towards my family's political views. Spent the last fifteen years in the conservative echo chamber of Utah and found my political leanings move slightly toward the center. Maybe it is because I hate these type of echo chambers where the majority is so obnoxious and loud, I can't help but go against the grind but I think it has more to do with the fact that neither side is always right or wrong. One can be right sometimes and wrong others and I found out that sometimes the truth is just somewhere in-between for most cases.

I've only recently posted in the political forum. I regret it most of the time, but im bored AF stuck working at home so I have nothing better to do.

I'm voting for Biden, Chuck knows that I lean left but I have nothing but respect for those who want to vote for Trump in November. Just like in 2016 if Trump gets to 270 he will be my President for another 4 years.  I tend to stay away from he extreme end of either party.

I don't think Trump has been a particularly good President, but unlike a lot of people I don't hate him. I also think Biden is creepy AF and will probably keel over 30 days into his potential Presidency, but I like him a thousand times more than Hilary (That's not saying much, lol)

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

This is a good post and it’s good for all of us to understand why we think the way we do. 

21 minutes ago, Redondo said:
Like I said before. I would go to an Angels game with any of you.

We just wouldn't talk politics.

This all just fun and something to do. I don't take it personal.

It’s funny because when i post outside of the Spin forum I notice that i have more in common with everyone here than I do differences