• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB drafts should be weighted and here's why

Angel

I'll keep this short and sweet:

MLB rewards teams that are destructive, handing out high draft picks for tearing down and losing lots of games, a complete rebuild hurts fans and players, all for the selfish act of building up a cheap and powerful, effective system.  It's not good for baseball.  The Angels have not done a complete rebuild once this century, they have spent exorbitant amounts to win and please the fans every season, yet we get the worst deal in the league when we come up short.  Why doesn't the league reward teams that actually spend and attempt to win every season?  The rebuilders are the ones that should be punished, what good are they for the sport?  Why let the abusers continue to take advantage of a loophole in the sport for their own gain?

The money spent yearly is hard evidence to support this.  A team that spends nearly the same and wins far less than another team should be heavily weighted in their favor for the better draft slot.

30 minutes ago, Tank said:

The Yankees, dodgers, and Red Sox say hello.

I mean if the team has shown good results and won more games, they deserve less draft support.  A weighted draft in this manner will remedy complete teardowns and gutted fan bases.

• Angel changed the title to Angels should be rewarded for not tearing down this century
  • Angel changed the title to MLB drafts should be weighted
11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

The thread title is not well structured. I can only imagine how bad it was before.

But, in response to the original post, spending money and not being successful is not to be rewarded. 

I agree it was bad, fixed

• Angel changed the title to MLB drafts should be weighted and here's why

@Angel earlier this week @nate told you to chill out. @Blarg has asked you to chill out. @Inside Pitch asked you to chill out.  I’ve asked you in private and in public to chill out. I hid your last post because it crossed a line.  If you want to discuss it, send a private message to any of the mods.  Thanks. 

37 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I should get partial credit for this because I brought him up in another thread.  

29 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I just read that thread and thought...  that's two EC references in one day... 

He used the N word.

6 hours ago, Angel said:

There's really nothing to discuss in this thread, it's a statement.   That's why nobody is talking about it, because I'm right.  I'm going to e-mail Manfred.

Apparently he listens to a lot of extemporaneous advice so you might catch his ear.

• Blarg locked this topic