• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels GM Search Thread - down to Justin Hollander and Perry Minasian, Minasian is the frontrunner

mmc

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Except one guys actions lead to him losing the clubhouse and that guy was Jerry Dipoto.  He was the one that tried the power move in the clubhouse (which isn’t his place) and he lost the clubhouse.  This is on Jerry.  

So if this is true, when the clubhouse chose Scioscia over Dipoto what did Arte do?

I'd still side with Scioscia over Dipoto. I don't know if you remembered but Dipoto really fucked us over. He couldn't draft nor could he develop, than for some reason he didn't wanted to spend on the international market...and when he did, he got us bedoquin (or what ever his name was).  

Look i would say he's done a good job with Seattle, but not great. I would also say Eppler did a similar job regarding the system to that off Dipoto. 

I'm not fully solid om Lewis as being a face of the franchise player, i think he has chance to a really good player, but not a star or superstar. He had really good 1st half, and than struggled the second half.

White was awful, crawford had an OPS under 700.

on the pitching side, they've had a bunch of 3s and 4s, which are really good, not if they can develop a 2 they're a potential playoff team,

The system, i really like their top 4, Kelenic, Rodriguez, Hancock and Gibert. I also like Kirby and Marte.

But there are some major holes they need to fill in on the offensive side. 

Just now, Yes We Can said:

So you think Arte chose Scioscia over Dipoto. If he chose Dipoto over Scioscia he would have had that conversation with Scioscia. 

Ugh.  I have no idea if he chose anyone.  There was friction between Dipoto and Scioscia and Dipoto quit over it.  It is very easily logical to consider that Arte chose nobody and just told the two of them to figure it out, with Dipoto choosing to leave instead.

13 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I doubt there is a single person on this board that thinks Arte is literally the best owner in baseball, or that he hasn't made his fair share of mistakes.  I estimate the number of people in this category is zero.

The only healthy way to judge him overall is to also consider how things could be different with a different owner.  I am not even remotely interested in throwing those dice and hoping for better.

Arte is one of the better owners.  Better than average.  So I just can't get on the Arte hate train.

And for fun, let me throw this out there.  For all you Arte haters who think he can't make a good decision. . . guess who would be picking the next owner if he sells?

Chew on that.  And then find some way to relax on the Arte hate.

Overall he spends money -- which is #1 you want for a team owner.  But he also gets too involved.  He also spends this money in the wrong spots -- at the top rather than the broader foundation.  that's his biggest problem (even more than any involvement issues that might exist).

19 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

I know you’re joking but I actually think this organization could use a new look on the field (uniforms) to go with their new look off the field. 

Give off some sort of fresh feel to a new era I suppose you could call it. Even if it’s just for the fans which obviously it would be

I'd be 100% in support for a return to the 'California Angels' name -- including colors/uniforms.  So not a new novelty, but rather a return to the OG.  We never should have changed from that.

1 minute ago, Yes We Can said:

I agree 100%. We don't know.

So for someone other than you to post here it was not Arte is an uninformed opinion

I don't want Scioscia managing the team today and I don't want Dipoto as the GM today, so regardless of what actually happened THEN, I am fine with whatever happened because the team has moved on from both.

2 minutes ago, Fourts said:

I'd be 100% in support for a return to the 'California Angels' name -- including colors/uniforms.  So not a new novelty, but rather a return to the OG.  We never should have changed from that.

"Technically" Los Angeles Angels is the OG.

Ill show myself out now.....

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I wonder if the Arte haters would be happy if Arte changed his name to Gene Autry.

As long as he doesn't change it to Mike Port I'm good with Arte.

FWIW, I think Arte is results driven and would be more apt to be less involved if he saw them.  Bill Stoneman won, Bill Stoneman never had Arte issues.  Preston Gomez made reference to several times Arte pushed for a guy only to have Stoneman shoot it down, most notably with Miguel Tejada.