• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels GM Search Thread - down to Justin Hollander and Perry Minasian, Minasian is the frontrunner

mmc

Minasian I admit I don't know too much about outside of him working in Toronto and Atlanta but Keith Law (whom I trust a lot more than other national reporters) stated that any one of these guys would be a fantastic hire.

I'm okay with Hollander as well. Hollander's tenure with the Angels started before Dipoto signed on with us as general manager. He worked as a player development and scouting assistant for 3 years before Dipoto arrived.  I also hate to admit it, but Dipoto and Hollander have done a fine job accumulating talent in the organization as I mentioned in a previous post through all avenues (draft, trade, international market); Kyle Lewis, Evan White, Jarred Kelenic, Julio Rodriguez, Taylor Trammell, Emerson Hancock, Logan Gilbert, George Kirby, Noevli Marte. 

Honestly, Eppler left our organization is fantastic shape to turn things around quickly. The farm is in decent shape and not gutted, and he did not leave us with any bad contracts to hamper us in the immediate future. Whoever is hired, if he sees immediate success, will be built on the foundation that Eppler has left us with. 

13 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Honestly, Eppler left our organization in fantastic shape to turn things around quickly. The farm is in decent shape and not gutted, and he did not leave us with any bad contracts to hamper us in the immediate future. Whoever is hired, if he sees immediate success, will be built on the foundation that Eppler has left us with. 

Seriously?

Eppler left us with five straight losing seasons. He failed. It doesn't matter what he inherited. The team never got better with him. 

Never better in his half decade of effort.

I wish him well and hope he connects with Jeter in Miami but his time in Anaheim was a failure. 

1 minute ago, Yes We Can said:

Seriously?

Eppler left us with five straight losing seasons. He failed. It doesn't matter what he inherited. The team never got better with him. 

better in his half decade of effort.

I wish him well and hope he connects with Jeter in Miami but his time in Anaheim was a failure. 

Yes I'm being serious.

1 minute ago, Yes We Can said:

Seriously?

Eppler left us with five straight losing seasons. He failed. It doesn't matter what he inherited. He did not get the team

better in his half decade of effort.

was Dipoto a success then?  And Reagins?  

the lack of context that some have on this board makes me sad for society.  

4 minutes ago, Yes We Can said:

Seriously?

Never better in his half decade of effort.

He absolutely left it better than he received it. 

4 minutes ago, Yes We Can said:

Yeah, I hope this is not Arte's guy. Who knows, Right? But he comes of sketchy to me.

Haha. Yea sketchy, that’s why he’s been around the game as long as he has.  No front office has sniffed that out but internet dude did watching a 10 minute video. 

Of the candidates listed, Minasian was my favorite after digging into his background a bit.

Spent a long time in Toronto working under Anthropolous, and has continued to do so in Atlanta.

Anthropolous is one of the very best in the business.  No guarantee that poaching one of his top lieutenants will re-create the same results, but at least he has hopefully learned a good amount from him.

If it is indeed Minasian, I can only assume he will bring some of his colleagues from Atlanta with him.  Given how strong their farm system is, I can only hope he can re-create that over here.