• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month 
    Click on the image above to donate!

Angels GM Search Thread - down to Justin Hollander and Perry Minasian, Minasian is the frontrunner

VINTAGE. BASEBALL. STORY. 
Visit Big Fly Gear to get your baseball apparel today!
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last night everyone pretty much broke it at the same time, probably because we all have the same Angels source telling us.    At this point it’s a formality. Some time today the Angels will ann

For the most part it was working.  Dude had his fuck-ups but there is little question the Angels are in much better shape now than when he took over.   Not saying you are one of them but  the onl

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Rojas interviewed?   Cmon.  Fucking joke organization.  

Oh calm down, grandpa.

He wouldn't be the first person with a broadcasting background to get a GM position in MLB. Hell, he wouldn't even be the first in the SoCal area.

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Oh calm down, grandpa.

He wouldn't be the first person with a broadcasting background to get a GM position in MLB. Hell, he wouldn't even be the first in the SoCal area.

If you're wondering who i'm referring to (credit to a /r/baseball redditor), Fred Claire served as GM of the dodgers from '87-'98. This guy worked in the PR department.

He tore down the team and acquired pieces like Kirk Gibson to win the WS in 1988.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

You are trying too hard. 

I’m not even sure what this means. Spend less time worrying about me Scott. There’s only one Lou here, it’s not you.  He’s at least funny.  

This is why I only come here once a month. You make it an undesirable place to express an opinion. I’ve expressed this to you before. Way to go gatekeeper. 

8 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I have to laugh that beyond the Who’s who of this list of finalists - our team beat reporter is constantly confirming other reporters’ info. 
Fletcher in with the “confirming Rosenthal report...”

it would be refreshing to have a beat reporter that actually breaks news instead of getting best by some other national guy across the country. 

This annoys me too. 

I was the first with the fact that the Angels had interviewed Hollander, Amaro, Evans, Owens and McLeod. 

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

If you're wondering who i'm referring to (credit to a /r/baseball redditor), Fred Claire served as GM of the dodgers from '87-'98. This guy worked in the PR department.

He tore down the team and acquired pieces like Kirk Gibson to win the WS in 1988.

There are success stories from all walks of life.  And Larry Dierker was a radio guy before he was a manager I believe.  Erik Spoelstra was a VHS jockey for the Heat and has been their coach for a long while. 

Success could come from anywhere.  But the Angels have historically, especially under Arte’s ownership had bad ones. Our scouting is weak, and our farm system is barely starting to churn again after many barren seasons.  We chased away good scouts. 

Just because Rojas has family connections in the game and grew up on the field, doesn’t make him a qualified candidate for a GM job. Clearly the Angels agreed.  

PS the grandpa line was good.  I don’t think anyone has ever called me that.  I may need to change my avatar to the one Slappy Utility Guy uses. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

This annoys me too. 

I was the first with the fact that the Angels had interviewed Hollander, Amaro, Evans, Owens and McLeod. 

That makes it even worse that Rosenthal scooped you on a story in your own backyard.  I don’t like that guy, and you’re our hometown scribe. I’d much rather you be the Damon Runyon of Angels baseball breaking news to us.  

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

Since when was Runyon known for being a news breaker? 

He was an insider and a baseball writer. 
That’s all. You don’t like him, pick your favorite guy from the past   Doesn’t matter to me   

2 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Since when was Runyon known for being a news breaker

50 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I’m not even sure what this means. Spend less time worrying about me Scott. There’s only one Lou here, it’s not you.  He’s at least funny.  

This is why I only come here once a month. You make it an undesirable place to express an opinion. I’ve expressed this to you before. Way to go gatekeeper. 

Haha. Ok.  

Bob Starr was a little before your time, TDawg. He was one of the best announcers the Angels had and often worked the booth alone. Think of Rojas doing the game solo on both radio and tv and you've got Bob Starr. Intelligent, witty, understands how to present a game if you are watching or not and talks to the audience rather than just talking like Gubi does. 

• mmc changed the title to Angels GM Search Thread - down to Justin Hollander and Perry Minasian, Minasian is the frontrunner