• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

As in the day after?

No, as in Wednesday.  Tomorrow.  

The schedule is weird.  Every team plays a set of two.  The odd one is going to be, for the first time ever in the NHL, a team will play another team 5 times in a row.  That will be the Ducks vs Kings.

23 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

No, as in Wednesday.  Tomorrow.  

The schedule is weird.  Every team plays a set of two.  The odd one is going to be, for the first time ever in the NHL, a team will play another team 5 times in a row.  That will be the Ducks vs Kings.

I meant the Avs would be the next day after Minnesota

13 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Well, this should be interesting. We've played better every game so far. Let's see if they can continue the progress. Go Ducks.

Stupid blackout.  Couldn't watch, only hear.

But sounds like the Rico line is still struggling.  Although the announcer did point out that that line is put against the top lines of other teams.  So if they can shut down the other teams top lines, they would be more like the Kesler line where offense is a bonus.  (ok, I'm looking at the glass full look)

Shatenkirk had a bad game though.  Hopefully it was just an anomally.  

The game can be best described as an average of the first three games. The defense was good, not outstanding. The goal tending was good not outstanding. The offense was not good. Once again the top two lines drew a blank. So far, after four games, we are what everyone has been saying we are.

So, now it's been four games and neither the first or second lines as a unit have scored a goal. I think you have to get 4-6 more games in to say more than that. But, wow...

On the plus side, we have a quality 4th line and a 3rd line that has been a little inconsistent. but generally looks good. Add Laine and one more quality scorer in a year or two and we could be pretty good.

I would trade Drysdale and a first (I don't know how the drafts look. But, maybe 2021-22's.) or this years second plus another prospect to get Laine.

Knowing Murray though, we'll trade for 3 reclamation projects that either used to be able to score, were once a high draft pick or just need to work on something to be really good. We'll pay them each a third of what Laine would cost. Then in the next two years when they don't work out, we'll give them away. Go Bob.

34 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

The game can be best described as an average of the first three games. The defense was good, not outstanding. The goal tending was good not outstanding. The offense was not good. Once again the top two lines drew a blank. So far, after four games, we are what everyone has been saying we are.

So, now it's been four games and neither the first or second lines as a unit have scored a goal. I think you have to get 4-6 more games in to say more than that. But, wow...

On the plus side, we have a quality 4th line and a 3rd line that has been a little inconsistent. but generally looks good. Add Laine and one more quality scorer in a year or two and we could be pretty good.

Laine and Dubois?  Dubois looks like he'll be traded this season.  

29 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I would trade Drysdale and a first (I don't know how the drafts look. But, maybe 2021-22's.) or this years second plus another prospect to get Laine.

Knowing Murray though, we'll trade for 3 reclamation projects that either used to be able to score, were once a high draft pick or just need to work on something to be really good. We'll pay them each a third of what Laine would cost. Then in the next two years when they don't work out, we'll give them away. Go Bob.

I'd want to keep Drysdale.  

But Manson, Lindholm.  Even Henrique, Silfverberg, and gulp Rakell.  I'd throw Terry in there, and even Jones.  Mix in a protected first rounder, and a second.  Not all of them granted.  But there should be enough there to get Dubois, and maybe even Laine.  

13 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

This whole system of not being able to watch sports unless you subscribe to an expensive cable package is so sleazy.

I went the vpn, NHL package.  $85 was cheaper than putting a sports package on my satellite.  And the only reason I have satellite is because my parents need the Japanese channel.  Which is another scam, because for the $25 Japanese channel, I have to pay $50 for bare bones cable.  So sleazy is an understatement.

8 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I went the vpn, NHL package.  $85 was cheaper than putting a sports package on my satellite.  And the only reason I have satellite is because my parents need the Japanese channel.  Which is another scam, because for the $25 Japanese channel, I have to pay $50 for bare bones cable.  So sleazy is an understatement.

And how is that going? Because, I read that the leagues were checking zip codes on payments to block in market games over VPN's.

Who did you chose for a VPN? Is the streaming quality Good?

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

And how is that going? Because, I read that the leagues were checking zip codes on payments to block in market games over VPN's.

Who did you chose for a VPN? Is the streaming quality Good?

No issues so far.  I used Surfshark.  They were one of the cheapest, but still came well rated.  Have seen no lag in the feed at all.  I just make sure for the NHL, I don't ping pong around to other servers like I do for "other videos".  For now, I just keep it in Seattle while I'm visiting Chuck for business/overthrowing the government.  But their server list isn't bad.  Lot's of countries.  A handful of servers in the US and Canada.  

Just another OT loss.  

Rico got rewarded.  His line really took it to the Lanche top line tonight.  

All the lines really were doing well.  Although Jones had some rust, and was standing around in the crease a lot.  Ducks need to take lessons from the Knights and Lanche and work on that timing one timer in the crease.  

Oh, and Manson who?  We got a faster, more mobile, better shooting, just as big version of him flanking Fowler now.  He still has a bit of new paint on him.  But I'm liking what I'm seeing from Hakanpaa so far.  

Reports: Pierre-Luc Dubois trade could be close; Jets’ Laine a rumored option

Friedman also notes the Ducks increasing their offer for Dubois, although the specifics are sparse. LeBrun adds that the Ducks have been in the Dubois mix for a long time.

Meanwhile, hearing the Anaheim Ducks are still trying on Dubois as well. They’ve been on it from the beginning.

— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) January 23, 2021

Manson, Terry, conditional first, alternating year 2nd.  That would be where I would start.  

18 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Just another OT loss.  

Rico got rewarded.  His line really took it to the Lanche top line tonight.  

All the lines really were doing well.  Although Jones had some rust, and was standing around in the crease a lot.  Ducks need to take lessons from the Knights and Lanche and work on that timing one timer in the crease.  

Oh, and Manson who?  We got a faster, more mobile, better shooting, just as big version of him flanking Fowler now.  He still has a bit of new paint on him.  But I'm liking what I'm seeing from Hakanpaa so far.  

Both goals scored with the Avs 2nd line on the ice. It's been a disaster all season so far. Kadri and Saad look lost together. Graves and Pateryn should never be paired up again. 

And wtf was Silfverberg doing watching the Landeskog goal?

Well, that takes Debois out of the picture.

But Laine, not necessarily so. CBJ put themselves in a situation where they had to move Debois now. They may look at Laine as a trade asset they they have time to deal.

I think the biggest problem now is Bob's ability (or lack there of) to put together a big deal.

9 hours ago, arch stanton said:

And wtf was Silfverberg doing watching the Landeskog goal?

Doing what he does best.  Almost a solid complete game.  

Overall though, I think the Ducks are playing much better than last season.  They are actually in the games till the end.  And their style of play is much more enjoyable to watch on TV.  They are definitely getting closer to a Vegas style of play than a Carlyle style of play.  They just have to get over these mental lapses.  

3 out of 4 points from Colorado?  Good enough.  

They are fun to watch finally.  Colorado made some good pushes, but the Ducks didn't panic.  They did have some good chances, but a majority of the shots Gibson faced were routine.  Also noticed that Gibswim isn't happening as much.  

Oh, and Manson who?