• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: 5 candidates Angels could consider for new GM, including some with Dodgers ties

Dollar Bill

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think most of us have resigned ourselves to Dombrowski being hired.  Do we even know if he is interested in the job?  He currently is part of an initiative to bring baseball to Nashville.  Maybe he wants to see that through in hopes of being the president of that team.  Just a thought.  

Here's a few quotes from a recent article on the NY Post:

Dombrowski was fired by the Red Sox toward the end of last season, less than a year after winning the championship. In a phone call Monday, Dombrowski said, “I wasn’t ready to retire and I am not ready to retire. I love baseball.”

Dombrowski’s Red Sox contract expires at the end of October and, at that point, the Nashville group could move to try to retain him to keep working to land a team. As for the Angels, Dombrowski said, “I have never talked about any job when someone is in it. It’s not the right thing to do. They [the Angels] have a general manager. The general managers in the game are friends of mine and I have never done that [talked about a filled job] any time in my career.”

Remember that Arte has a hard time keeping his hands off the roster. Dombrowski is used to being in total control. He may not be compatible with Arte. There are two big hires coming up. Dombrowski isnt going to settle for just being GM, he will want to be President of Baseball Operations, then he will hire a GM and a new Head of Scouting abd Development and probably a new Director of International Scouting. The question is will Arte go for that many changes and the dollars involved to acquire top Front Office talent? I don’t have an andwer for that. 

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

where'd you see this?

The Angels stadium vote sale is this evening.  I think the press conference tomorrow is probably related to that, not the announcement of a new GM / President.

It's hard to say, but perhaps Arte's acquisition of that land (which was a huge steal), and his determination to develop the surrounding area, will lead to him spending more this winter in a depressed market.  Probably doubtful, but who knows.

4 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Here's a few quotes from a recent article on the NY Post:

As for the Angels, Dombrowski said, “I have never talked about any job when someone is in it. It’s not the right thing to do. They [the Angels] have a general manager. The general managers in the game are friends of mine and I have never done that [talked about a filled job] any time in my career.”

that's a respectable quote by him. i'll give him the benefit of the doubt on it because it is a small fraternity and i could see how one needs to maintain his good standing in reputation.