• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB Playoff Series Gameday Thread

Chuck

38 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I don't have a problem with the players or organization. I do agree that if they win it is well deserved. What makes me root against the Dodgers are their obnoxious ass fans that I have to deal with constantly.

i get that. that's why i said, " but i don't live in LA/OC". it's funny because i really like the dodgers' history with starting the minor leagues, etc. they've done a lot for baseball, but sports fans whose identity are intertwined with the team are the worst.

1 minute ago, ukyah said:

i get that. that's why i said, " but i don't live in LA/OC". it's funny because i really like the dodgers' history with starting the minor leagues, etc. they've done a lot for baseball, but sports fans whose identity are intertwined with the team are the worst.

You don't deal with Dodger fans in San Diego? I would have thought since you're SoCal that the bandwagoners would have started to overwhelm you guys over there especially after all the struggles the Padres have had up until recently.

Interesting. Either Tampa or L.A. Will have won two championships within about a month. Hockey and basketball respectively. Plus baseball. I guess the winning team will have their media babbling about the 'city of champions.' It's happened a number of times (factoring in football) when a city has been champion of different sports at the same time.

Angels and Ducks were out of sync by about five years but contended most of the early 2000s.

Defense and base running. Not part of the obvious and easy to quantify stats focus. But often the subtle difference between very good and excellent. It brings in attention to detail, precise positioning, poise and high baseball iq. 

I have grudging respect for the Dodger method of team construction and perseverance despite recent years of heartbreaking playoff failures. No panic, methodical roster tweaking and player evaluation. But they still haven't won the big prize. If they lose it will hurt more, and might lead to over reaction. 

I usually want the underdog to win if I have no other interest in either team. Tampa really is very good, and not much of underdog. Should be an intriguing series. The pressure is on the Dodgers much more than Tampa.

17 hours ago, rafibomb said:

You don't deal with Dodger fans in San Diego? I would have thought since you're SoCal that the bandwagoners would have started to overwhelm you guys over there especially after all the struggles the Padres have had up until recently.

it's san diego, we get railed on because we're not passionate enough fans, but it's actually true by comparison.

• Chuck changed the title to The Official 2020 MLB Playoff Series Gameday Thread
  • Chuck locked this topic