• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB Playoff Series Gameday Thread

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Face it, gentlemen, baseball is basically a boring game.  

Last night the Rays game provided some excitement. And it wasn't mind numbingly Yankee game long. Ironic that it was the same final score as the game the Rays eliminated the Yankees. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think I would ban the extreme shift and see if it not only speeds up games but creates more action plays.  

I don't see why it would have that effect. The shifts are a result of pull happy hitters swinging for the fences on every pitch because the value of making contact isn't what it used to be. Banning the shift reinforces the pull/power hitting philosophy. What they need to do is move the fences back, among other things.

22 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Don't forget the 6 extra commercials every half inning to make it worth airing those games, paying off those TV deals.

The commercials aren't talked about enough... the games could be significantly smoother without commercial breaks... In fact I think MLB really should consider getting rid of commercial breaks altogether... Im not saying ending commercials, but eliminating the time allotted to commercials specifically. They could easily replace it with smaller sponsorships on screen, or brief cutaways after a foul ball or whatever.