• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia for GM

32 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

What evidence is there that Mike Scioscia would draft well, develop players well, negotiate with free agents well, and make good trades?

None.

Jesus the “I am still in love with my old girlfriend” culture with Scioscia is just weird.  The guy had a long, long, long, long, long relationship with the Angels.  He had his run.

I just don’t get the agenda to find a way to have him back.

Maybe you haven't noticed but the only time Fabulous Fabregas posts a topic it is to clown everyone about Scioscia returning. 

43 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Like I said, I like the Mathis jokes, at least those tend to be funny.

Yeah I know, not everyone on the internet can be unfailingly witty and original.

In a moment of seriousness, yes, Mathis is elite defensively.  And some years that positive dWAR overcomes that negative oWAR.  And yes, obviously Mathis does some things managers like that the analytics don't measure.  I think we all get that.

But I'm still taking a jab at that career .194 hitter whenever I can.  Especially when we play the Rangers, I can now taunt the Rangers fans by pointing to Stassi and doing the "anything your guy can do, our guy can do better" chant.

58 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Yeah I know, not everyone on the internet can be unfailingly witty and original.

Like I said, I still got a minor kick out of it.  

59 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

In a moment of seriousness, yes, Mathis is elite defensively.  And some years that positive dWAR overcomes that negative oWAR.  And yes, obviously Mathis does some things managers like that the analytics don't measure.  I think we all get that.

But I'm still taking a jab at that career .194 hitter whenever I can.  Especially when we play the Rangers, I can now taunt the Rangers fans by pointing to Stassi and doing the "anything your guy can do, our guy can do better" chant.

Yep, it's a testament to the stuff he did behind the plate that he lasted this long.  Dude will walk away with a full MLB pension and likely transition into coaching.  All while sporting a career .194 average over 16 years.

It's the 16 years that's amazing.