• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia for GM

I can tell you if Scioscia was the GM he wouldn’t ignore defense and his expectation of Maddon would be to play players where they’ve played before.  He wouldn’t sit idly by and be ok with a line up card that says Matt Thaiss 2nd base.   If Scioscia was the GM and Rengifo was day to day, he wouldn’t call up Thaiss.   He’d call up Jones or Soto.   Also how many times did we hear Scioscia say you need to be 10 deep at starting pitcher.  It was his mantra.  So while it’s funny to think about there are core values he possesses that would be beneficial in the role. 

Just now, mymerlincat said:

Dombrowski for President of Baseball Operations, an analytical GM, and Sosh as VP of Baseball Ops

Sign me up.  I don’t think they are going to create two new positions, unless of course Carpino’s position is actually President of Baseball Ops.  

One of the great things about AngelsWin is we have a ton of very smart individuals that share their opinions on things.  One of the better opinions expressed tonight is, hire a bunch of really smart people and let them get to work.  So if you can hire Dombrowski, Scioscia and a GM go for it.  

Dombrowski would be a disaster IMO.  He absolutely demolished the Tigers and Red Sox.

There is nothing that indicates that Scoscia A) has interest and B) has the ability to do the job.

The Angels should have kept Eppler, and Carpino should be gone, but really none of it matters because scumbag Arte furloughed so much of the scouting and development staff that whomever takes over will be completely screwed.

We need an 'eh' emote, neither agree or diagree.  Maybe a flat hand like the 'iffy' gesture.  I'll make the emote if you guys want I am a photoshop guru.  I'll PM Chuck if I make a good one.

Blarg, I bet Maddon is going to read this entire forum this winter. 😛 

What evidence is there that Mike Scioscia would draft well, develop players well, negotiate with free agents well, and make good trades?

None.

Jesus the “I am still in love with my old girlfriend” culture with Scioscia is just weird.  The guy had a long, long, long, long, long relationship with the Angels.  He had his run.

I just don’t get the agenda to find a way to have him back.

36 minutes ago, Angel said:

We need an 'eh' emote, neither agree or diagree.  Maybe a flat hand like the 'iffy' gesture.  I'll make the emote if you guys want I am a photoshop guru.  I'll PM Chuck if I make a good one.

Blarg, I bet Maddon is going to read this entire forum this winter. 😛 

Probably but with you on ignore.