• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Mike Trout on postseason drought: ‘It’s time. We’ve got to get to the playoffs’

AngelsWin.com

3 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Me calling "Steroids" Pujols a steroid user is dumb? It's called having an opinion, you dork. Him being a teammate of McGwire's should raise a big red flag. Plus, he was never never a highly touted prospect, wasn't even drafted until like the 50th round in the draft. Look, moron, just because Pujols was never suspended for steroids doesn't mean that he didn't juiced. Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds are two great examples guys who juiced and never tested positive for steroids. And yes, Pujols' a thief for getting paid more than he should be getting. He'll be remembered as a useless player when he was on the Angels for the contract that the team gave him. 

Pujols played 9 years in St. Louis before McGwire was his hitting coach. His numbers in over 6,000 PA:

.334 BA

.427/.628/1.055

McGwire was his hitting coach for 2 years. His numbers:

.305 BA

.391/.569/.959

Please stfu about this already. You're only making a fool of yourself.

Again.

10 hours ago, Stradling said:

“Billy was a big reason why I signed back here”

-Mike Trout on Billy Eppler

That’s awesome. Hopefully he has a good relationship with the next GM. Fact is Trout signed his contract and opted for a no trade clause. Eppler has been here 5 years and does not have a winning record in any of those years. Eppler can be Mike Trouts best friend, best man and father it still doesn’t change the fact that Arte is the one making the decisions for the Angels and Trout isn’t going anywhere. I like some of Epplers moves I thought this team would be better this year. They simply weren’t. I don’t know if Eppler should be re signed or not I’m perplexed with it. But Trout having a relationship or no relationship with Eppler should have no bearing on the next move. Trouts signed he can’t renegotiate it’s not like he’s going to ask for a trade because Arte hired a new general manager. It’s time for the Angels to start making the playoffs again. 

4 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Me calling "Steroids" Pujols a steroid user is dumb? It's called having an opinion, you dork. Him being a teammate of McGwire's should raise a big red flag. Plus, he was never never a highly touted prospect, wasn't even drafted until like the 50th round in the draft. Look, moron, just because Pujols was never suspended for steroids doesn't mean that he didn't juiced. Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds are two great examples guys who juiced and never tested positive for steroids. And yes, Pujols' a thief for getting paid more than he should be getting. He'll be remembered as a useless player when he was on the Angels for the contract that the team gave him. 

John Benson had him top 5 in his top 100 after his first season.  I doubt you've heard of him and that's not a knock on you, Benson wasn't all that well known outside of sabermetric circles.  Benson's Future Stars books were way ahead of their time and he hit on more star caliber players earlier than anyone else at the time due to evaluations that were extremely forward thinking and based on more than just tools.  Tony Blengino took what he learned from Benson (or maybe he was the stats mastermind), and made a name for himself with the Brewers before setting fire to his career in Seattle.

1 hour ago, Kevinb said:

That’s awesome. Hopefully he has a good relationship with the next GM. Fact is Trout signed his contract and opted for a no trade clause. Eppler has been here 5 years and does not have a winning record in any of those years. Eppler can be Mike Trouts best friend, best man and father it still doesn’t change the fact that Arte is the one making the decisions for the Angels and Trout isn’t going anywhere. I like some of Epplers moves I thought this team would be better this year. They simply weren’t. I don’t know if Eppler should be re signed or not I’m perplexed with it. But Trout having a relationship or no relationship with Eppler should have no bearing on the next move. Trouts signed he can’t renegotiate it’s not like he’s going to ask for a trade because Arte hired a new general manager. It’s time for the Angels to start making the playoffs again. 

Cool

13 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The comments that stood out to me were the ones about his relationship with Eppler. Arte better tread carefully here.  I see almost no value in getting rid of Billy Eppler this winter.  

I'd say Mike was speaking to Arte with those comments ...

I mean, there's nothing menacing - Trout has a contract, he won't tank or foment dissension.

But if I were Arte, I'd talk to a lot of people - including Trout - about how to take this team forward, and who are the people that can do it best.  

Career worsts for Trout:

wRC+: 164 (career average 172, previous low 167 in 2012/2014)

WAR/162 games: 7.9, or 2.6 in 53 games played (career average 9.8, previously low 8.6 in 2014, when he had 8.3 in 157 games)

BA: .281 (career .304)

SB: 1 (previous career low of 11 in 2016/2019)

Fielding Runs/162 games: -7.0 (previous low of -5.0 in 2017).

Also, lowest SLG since 2016, lowest OBP since 2014.

So, Mike: If you want to make the postseason next year, you've got some things to work on. You were still really good in 2020, just not as good as in any previous season.

Edited by Angelsjunky

if the season was 50 games, the numbers wouldn't have looked like that. If the season was 80 games, the numbers probably wouldn't look like that.  He'd pick it up again. 

But they played 60.  Only 53 games played for Trout. 

Im guessing he's had worse 53 game stretches.  This wasn't a season.

7 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

I'd say Mike was speaking to Arte with those comments ...

I mean, there's nothing menacing - Trout has a contract, he won't tank or foment dissension.

But if I were Arte, I'd talk to a lot of people - including Trout - about how to take this team forward, and who are the people that can do it best.  

So what you’d keep Eppler roll Trout leaves or retires? It’s not like Eppler will be the only guy Trout will like. Doesn’t make sense.