• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

12 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I acknowledged in that same post that it has not deterred Arte from signing players with issues. All I said is I would not be surprised if it gave him pause...I'm sure they'll pursue Bauer but he might not be a 'sign at all costs' guy. Hamilton also wooed him with his Jesus shit.

Especially since the drug addict didn't turn out well. 

I'm sure players with issues give all owners pause.

It would be a little sweet to have missed out on Gerrit Cole last year only to have signed his mortal enemy (two sides of the same coin of you ask me) Trevor Bauer the following off-season.

I also find it hilarious that Yankee fans actually think they may be the favorites too with him. Could you imagine, Bauer and Cole sitting in the bullpen together?

They trudged along with one another at UCLA because they were both young and had their eyes on a greater prize. But now that they're at the top of their professions, making millions... They'd be at each other's throats. 

While I would be ecstatic to have Bauer sign, I think he has a history of doing things like this - Tweeting at a fan base when he flies somewhere, or something along those lines.

If he was truly on the verge of signing, I highly doubt he'd be sending Tweets to the fan base before it's finalized.  And I really doubt Bauer has a deal done already.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

While I would be ecstatic to have Bauer sign, I think he has a history of doing things like this - Tweeting at a fan base when he flies somewhere, or something along those lines.

If he was truly on the verge of signing, I highly doubt he'd be sending Tweets to the fan base before it's finalized.  And I really doubt Bauer has a deal done already.

At least he's keeping it exciting.  This offseason has been dull so far.  Really for all teams.  

I really don't follow his tweets at all, or really anyone.  But has he been doing these hits at a number of teams, or just the Halos?  

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I don’t think it’s anything to freak out about but I don’t think it’s nothing either.

Imagine the Halos made an initial offer or made some sort of formal indication of interest that was enough for him to feel worthy of stirring the pot. I know he has been doing that for months, but he’s quieted down a lot more lately so maybe it means something now. 

I was thinking the same thing. Minasian said in his press conference that things will happen after Thanksgiving so maybe we're starting to see it. 

2 hours ago, Justin said:

We would be better off with Bauer. 

Just blow past the threshold Arte, to sign Bauer, Hand (1 year), YaMo (1 year), Pillar (1 year), and 2-3 clean peanut relievers.

The one year contracts allow Pujols’ $24 million AAV coming off after 2021 to absorb Bauer’s contract in 2022 and beyond, and thus only one year over the tax threshold which doesn’t cost them much of anything in penalties.

It’s only money (not mine).

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just blow past the threshold Arte, to sign Bauer, Hand (1 year), YaMo (1 year), Pillar (1 year), and 2-3 clean peanut relievers.

The one year contracts allow Pujols’ $24 million AAV coming off after 2021 to absorb Bauer’s contract in 2022 and beyond, and thus only one year over the tax threshold which doesn’t cost them much of anything in penalties.

I’m not in favor or Pillar or YaMo, but I’d like low dollar signings at both those positions so they can spend on the pen. Which iMhO is as important as the rotation. They need two more solid guys at least and I’d take a flyer on two more. 

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

And of course, they also free up Upton’s $21 million AAV after 2022.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

I have no enthusiasm for Molina being here.

The Angels are very close to being past the downfalls of pursuing a Cardinals legend.

Let’s not add to that storyline.

I agree. Now, who do you think is a better acquisition?

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I agree. Now, who do you think is a better acquisition?

I don’t know.  Just saying the dude is 38 and he is projects now as a 1.0 WAR player. My guess is somebody is going to be paying for his name and past and not his production.  So I am fine passing, even if I don’t have a great name here to suggest as an alternative.

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don’t know.  Just saying the dude is 38 and he is projects now as a 1.0 WAR player. My guess is somebody is going to be paying for his name and past and not his production.  So I am fine passing, even if I don’t have a great name here to suggest as an alternative.

Okay fine. But, you know, nobody was discussing Molina in a Trevor Bauer thread but I guess you had an itch that needed scratching. 

23 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Hate to say it, but, i think he will sign with the Mariners. He lives up there. They have plenty of payroll space available. And he knows it. And yes, he is trolling us.

I highly doubt he signs with the Mariners. But I did not know he lives up here. 

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You guys are going to be disappointed, again. 

I won't....I'd love to have him but I think signing him gives Minasian no chance to fill other needs, except by dumpster diving---another SP, bullpen, catcher....

While I really don't see Bauer coming here, we can likely sign him and still stay under the luxury tax.  We'd have to probably swing some trades (young players for young players) to better fill out the team, but we can likely fill some of our holes (corner OF, bullpen) rather cheaply, given the excess supply on the market.

The areas that would be more expensive to take care of in free agency are SP and C.  If we sign Bauer, though, we may not necessarily need to sign/acquire another SP, as having Bauer, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, and Barria (with Suarez/Sandoval) is pretty good, IMO.

Still, if Minasian wanted to strengthen that group, he could probably look to swing a trade for a #3/#4 type SP.  If we signed Bauer though, I would expect him to prioritize a catcher in terms of a trade over another SP.