• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think Lewis is being massively overrated. Check his first 30 games to his final 30 games -- he got figured out, that huge opening month really helped masked how badly he was having his lunch handed to him.   

Woah just looked, you weren’t kidding... night and day 

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah Lewis is really good defensively in CF too. I can't believe they have Taylor Trammel as well. 

Has he learned how to hit yet?   

Dude can milk a walk...  He's going to be 23 this year, hasn't hit above High A and like everyone else he missed an entire season.  

I think he's a scouts darling like Adell is, but like Adell he's got shit to fix/learn.

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think Lewis is being massively overrated.  Check his first 30 games to his final 30 games -- he got figured out, that huge opening month really helped masked how badly he was having his lunch handed to him.   I will say I was impressed he improved his plate discipline as much as he did.... but, I also wonder if that wasn't just a simple case of seeing the same guys over and over again.   He's not as sure a thing for me as some have made him out to be.

Logan Gilbert is their safest bet..    Hancock probably has the most upside of any pitcher in their system.  I really like Isaiah Campbell too.  

Damn, I didn't realize how crappy he did at the end of the season.

.139 BA 

.258/.266/.524  over his last 24 games.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I still want him but I've let it go and moved on. I'm at peace with the rotation, I just hope we add some bullpen help and a RF. 

It would be weird to have a $36 million dude and a bunch of scrubs.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Actually the more I think about it, the more I could see Seattle being an under the radar sleeper. 

They have the $$$ and they could probably accommodate his personal requests in terms of his every 4th day requests, side businesses and Vlogs.

According to Seattle beat reporters, sources have told them that ownership has severely limited Dipoto's budget this offseason. So unless their ownership has a dramatic shift, I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, Trendon said:

According to Seattle beat reporters, sources have told them that ownership has severely limited Dipoto's budget this offseason. So unless their ownership has a dramatic shift, I doubt it.

Leaks about ownership....  from a Jerry Dipoto team?? 

I...  I don't believe it....

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Except that they’ve never signed a big money FA from outside the org.  Seems to be their MO.   And only one big money guy was re-signed, Matt Holiday.

They just traded for Arenado that is a huge dollar contract. I doubt they are interested with Bauer after re-signing Wainright to stabilize a young core of pitchers. 

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

I think the dark horse to sign Bauer is the Cardinals.  Just a wild guess.

I thought about this today. They are more likely to go and get an Odorizzi/Paxton, but they suddenly look like a sneaky World Series pick if they can get a really good pitcher. And just because they don't normally sign top FAs doesn't mean they won't spend (Goldschmidt, Holiday). 

20 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

I thought about this today. They are more likely to go and get an Odorizzi/Paxton, but they suddenly look like a sneaky World Series pick if they can get a really good pitcher. And just because they don't normally sign top FAs doesn't mean they won't spend (Goldschmidt, Holiday). 

That is true that they have now traded for more big money guys (Goldschmidt and Arenado), then re-signing their own (Holiday) or others (never).

37 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

That is true that they have now traded for more big money guys (Goldschmidt and Arenado), then re-signing their own (Holiday) or others (never).

Yadier Molina made a good chunk of money over his career there.  Dexter Fowler signed a relatively large contract at the time.  Matt Carpenter's at $18.5 million per...

And just because they don't usually sign players to big contracts doesn't mean they won't.  Things change.  Priorities change. Opportunities change.

It's just a wild guess on my part. Nothing more.