• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

2 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I refuse to give up my optimism of seeing two headlines tomorrow...Callaway  fired by Angels after speedy investigation....followed by...Bauer agrees to 5 year/$$$$$ deal  with Angels 

Sorry, Bauer isn’t coming here

40 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I seriously think this shtick him and his agent are doing is gonna hurt him in the long run. It’s all fun and games until teams move on from him and no one wants him for even close to his asking price anymore.

At this point, I have zero idea where he ends up. He could end up holding out through some of the season, sign for one year, sign for seven years. None of it would surprise me much at this point.

4 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

At this point, I have zero idea where he ends up. He could end up holding out through some of the season, sign for one year, sign for seven years. None of it would surprise me much at this point.

With how long this is taking.  I think the Mets and Angels are out.  

My new frontrunner.  Astros.  Last year of Greinke (36 YO) and Verlander (37 YO) contracts.  And the douche factor is there.  It just seems like the ideal out of the blue, no one talking about team.  

12 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

With how long this is taking.  I think the Mets and Angels are out.  

My new frontrunner.  Astros.  Last year of Greinke (36 YO) and Verlander (37 YO) contracts.  And the douche factor is there.  It just seems like the ideal out of the blue, no one talking about team.  

There’s a better chance the Angels sign him than the Astros. He’s simply not going to Houston. 

15 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

That's up to the Angels.  I am just saying it is a little silly to call this guy a "mediocre" pitcher right now.

I would love this guy to be pitching for the Angels next year.  I don't think I feel that way about "mediocre" pitchers.

He didn't say mediocre. He said average. I would say above average but definitely not elite. So I would agree he is not worth the money demanded. 

17 minutes ago, Blarg said:

He didn't say mediocre. He said average. I would say above average but definitely not elite. So I would agree he is not worth the money demanded. 

I am entirely embarrassed by my mistake of mentally equating “mediocre” and “average.”

The shame is overwhelming.

Edited by Dtwncbad

I honestly don't give a shit about Bauer anymore. That said, if I had to pick a team for him to sign with it would be the Giants who have quietly put together a solid rotation this offseason.

If they can add some offense they give the Padres and Dodgers some problems in the NL West if they can add Bauer. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I honestly don't give a shit about Bauer anymore. That said, if I had to pick a team for him to sign with it would be the Giants who have quietly put together a solid rotation this offseason.

If they can add some offense they give the Padres and Dodgers some problems in the NL West if they can add Bauer. 

Teams that can sign him and not hate the price are probably LA, NYM and SFG.   Angels could but doubt they will.  Houston probably could but they may be staring down all their potential FAs and looking to have money to re-sign them.  The Cubs are sort of a mess right now so they are out.  Toronto maybe?  Seattle has a lot of free payroll but are likely a bit away from being ready to spend and their ownership hasn't exactly dumped money into the team since buying them anyway..  Boston is a team that likely should try to get him given their rotation concerns but they have seemingly sat this one out.

The dude is waiting out the Dodgers.

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Teams that can sign him and not hate the price are probably LA, NYM and SFG.   Angels could but doubt they will.  Houston probably could but they may be staring down all their potential FAs and looking to have money to re-sign them.  The Cubs are sort of a mess right now so they are out.  Toronto maybe?  Seattle has a lot of free payroll but are likely a bit away from being ready to spend and their ownership hasn't exactly dumped money into the team since buying them anyway..  Boston is a team that likely should try to get him given their rotation concerns but they have seemingly sat this one out.

The dude is waiting out the Dodgers.

Actually the more I think about it, the more I could see Seattle being an under the radar sleeper. 

They have the $$$ and they could probably accommodate his personal requests in terms of his every 4th day requests, side businesses and Vlogs.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Actually the more I think about it, the more I could see Seattle being an under the radar sleeper. 

They have the $$$ and they could probably accommodate his personal requests in terms of his every 4th day requests, side businesses and Vlogs.

I don't think the Dodgers will. They are going to pay Turner. And 0% chance he goes to Houston after feuding with all those guys over cheating. 

I think it's probably Toronto, the Mets, or SF. Mets have an offer on the table but he's likely holding out for more. Which is not how the market works this late. So he will probably end up taking the Mets offer. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Their ownership is what it is...   They bought a team that was pretty much in contention and they turned around and instantly went about doing a sell off/tear down.  Financially it made the most sense for them to try to buy and make a run then depreciate but they chose to focus on paying down the debt instead or so it seems.   

They have a lot riding on Kelenic and Rodriguez.  If those two come close to their upsides they have the makings of a core.  They need one of their kid pitchers to come up and be good from day one too.  Sheffield and Gonzales are a solid pair right now.   Anyway, I think the M's are well positioned to do things but who knows what their ownership wants to or is willing to do..

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Their ownership is what it is...   They bought a team that was pretty much in contention and they turned around and instantly went about doing a sell off/tear down.  Financially it made the most sense for them to try to buy and make a run then depreciate but they chose to focus on paying down the debt instead or so it seems.   

They have a lot riding on Kelenic and Rodriguez.  If those two come close to their upsides they have the makings of a core.  They need one of their kid pitchers to come up and be good from day one too.  Sheffield and Gonzales are a solid pair right now.   Anyway, I think the M's are well positioned to do things but who knows what their ownership wants to or is willing to do..

Yep. Dunn is a solid middle of the rotation guy too. But man if Kelenic and Rodriguez become the stars most prospect evaluators suggest along with Lewis in CF, the Mariners outfield may be the best in baseball by as early as 2022. 

If Gilbert, Kirby and Hancock succeed in the bigs they could be the best homegrown team to win a championship since the Dodgers and Angels of old. 

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep. Dunn is a solid middle of the rotation guy too. But man if Kelenic and Rodriguez become the stars most prospect evaluators suggest along with Lewis in CF, the Mariners outfield may be the best in baseball by as early as 2022. 

If Gilbert, Kirby and Hancock succeed in the bigs they could be the best homegrown team to win a championship since the Dodgers and Angels of old. 

I think Lewis is being massively overrated.  Check his first 30 games to his final 30 games -- he got figured out, that huge opening month really helped masked how badly he was having his lunch handed to him.   I will say I was impressed he improved his plate discipline as much as he did.... but, I also wonder if that wasn't just a simple case of seeing the same guys over and over again.   He's not as sure a thing for me as some have made him out to be.

Logan Gilbert is their safest bet..    Hancock probably has the most upside of any pitcher in their system.  I really like Isaiah Campbell too.  

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think Lewis is being massively overrated.  Check his first 30 games to his final 30 games -- he got figured out, that huge opening month really helped masked how badly he was having his lunch handed to him.   I will say I was impressed he improved his plate discipline as much as he did.... but, I also wonder if that wasn't just a simple case of seeing the same guys over and over again.   He's not as sure a thing for me as some have made him out to be.

Logan Gilbert is their safest bet..    Hancock probably has the most upside of any pitcher in their system.  I really like Isaiah Campbell too.  

Yeah Lewis is really good defensively in CF too. I can't believe they have Taylor Trammel as well.