• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

On 10/24/2020 at 4:05 AM, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I am firmly in the “would love Bauer’s swagger (and arm).”

I don’t see swagger being welcome in Anaheim.  My belief is that Arte doesn’t like it and Trout doesn’t have swagger. 

I don’t know that you can bring in a guy who is bigger than life compared to the best hitter in baseball.  

Trout doesn't have swagger??

Look, I love Mike Trout.  And he is about as classy as a player can possibly be, especially verbally.  But if you watch is actual body language, this dude has a massive amount of swagger.  It is omnipresent.

The reason it isn't offensive to anyone, is because it is earned.  He backs it up with performance.

My view is Mike is a swag machine with no off button.

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Look, I love Mike Trout.  And he is about as classy as a player can possibly be, especially verbally.  But if you watch is actual body language, this dude has a massive amount of swagger.  It is omnipresent.

The reason it isn't offensive to anyone, is because it is earned.  He backs it up with performance.

Well said.

I also could see Arte not being a fan of Bauer’s antics though. 

On 10/24/2020 at 4:05 AM, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

I am firmly in the “would love Bauer’s swagger (and arm).”

I don’t see swagger being welcome in Anaheim.  My belief is that Arte doesn’t like it and Trout doesn’t have swagger. 

I don’t know that you can bring in a guy who is bigger than life compared to the best hitter in baseball.  

I think the Angels are more concerned about how players are in the clubhouse and how they present themselves outside of the organization.  Swagger is not an issue...being a PED user, drug abuser and wife beater are probably reasons the Angels would not sign a player.

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Well said.

Maybe.  But I think Angel fans spend too much time automatically interjecting Arte influence into everything.  I doubt this is really a factor.  I hesitate to assume this is any kind of factor at all when it comes to this caliber of player.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Maybe.  But I think Angel fans spend too much time automatically interjecting Arte influence into everything.  I doubt this is really a factor.  I hesitate to assume this is any kind of factor at all when it comes to this caliber of player.

I think it's actually a huge factor.

22 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Well said.

So he should be more of a low key pitcher like......say....Jered Weaver or John Lackey for Arte to sign him.

Edited by eligrba

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Apples and oranges, but, Arte has seen virtually every major free agent fall flat since Vladimir Guerrero, and the few ‘poor character’ acquisitions made in his time have also blown up...Guillen, Hamilton. I don’t put Bauer in that group but behavior and negative attention counts the same, and the Angels have not had good luck when it comes to those guys. And they already had a reputation for being wary about guys with PED accusations. So while that hasn’t ultimately prevented them from acquiring guys with question marks, there does seem to be hesitancy. 

It made baseball sense, but both Middleton and Goodwin, vocal BLM guys on Twitter who would have been useful here still, are gone too. Angels players as a whole are really pretty subdued on social media. 

1 minute ago, eligrba said:

So he should be more of a low key pitcher like......say....Jered Weaver or John Lackey for Arte to sign him.

Weaver and Lackey never threw baseballs out of the field. They weren’t blowing up social media every night.

There’s a difference between showing fire and throwing a tantrum. I like Bauer and don’t mind what he’s done...doesn’t bother me at all. But I could see someone a little more family-oriented, traditional, and guarded like Arte being turned off. 

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

Weaver and Lackey never threw baseballs out of the field. They weren’t blowing up social media every night.

There’s a difference between showing fire and throwing a tantrum. I like Bauer and don’t mind what he’s done...doesn’t bother me at all. But I could see someone a little more family-oriented, traditional, and guarded like Arte being turned off. 

I really don't follow Bauer so I have no idea of what you are saying about tantrums.  I have also re-evaluated my definition of a tantrum based on the last four years so what has he done that is so egregious?

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Are we really making a point that John Lackey wasn't blowing up social media in 2004?

And OK, if Trevor Bauer's more reserved twin brother was also a free agent, maybe the Angels would pursue the polite clone.  Agreed.

Now can we go back to reality?

47 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

not just because it's earned, which is true, but it's quiet. he's just out there with big dick energy. pujols used to be like that, but then he struggled with not being the mang anymore.

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

Arte is so family-oriented that he signed a drug addict.

I acknowledged in that same post that it has not deterred Arte from signing players with issues. All I said is I would not be surprised if it gave him pause...I'm sure they'll pursue Bauer but he might not be a 'sign at all costs' guy. Hamilton also wooed him with his Jesus shit.

Especially since the drug addict didn't turn out well. 

46 minutes ago, totdprods said:

To be fair, neither Lackey, not Weave could've thrown the ball over the CF wall even if they wanted to.

They probably would've plunked Trout in his dome if they tried and the fan base would've turned on them and rioted.

Edited by Second Base