• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Bauer right on cue after my post yesterday about how quiet he’s been and how that aligns with the Halos FO MO.

Very true. I'd laugh hard as hell if he breaks the news before the club does. Which I'm sure they said "let us break it first"

But hey, maybe he's just saying "hi" to us which, to him, doesn't count as breaking the news..... Yet.....

9 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Very true. I'd laugh hard as hell if he breaks the news before the club does. Which I'm sure they said "let us break it first"

But hey, maybe he's just saying "hi" to us which, to him, doesn't count as breaking the news..... Yet.....

I don’t think it’s anything to freak out about but I don’t think it’s nothing either.

Imagine the Halos made an initial offer or made some sort of formal indication of interest that was enough for him to feel worthy of stirring the pot. I know he has been doing that for months, but he’s quieted down a lot more lately so maybe it means something now. 

1 minute ago, wopphil said:

As much as I’d love Bauer, I assume it would leave little cash for other moves. Would we be better off with Bauer and a Straley type, or Richards/Kluber/Quintana? 

I think it depends on what you think of the rotation.

With Bauer, that would be.

1. Bauer
  2. Bundy
  3. Heaney
  4. Canning
  5. Barria

And as people have pointed out, all I think don't have options to be sent down.  The other question is how much.  This could very well be a back loaded contract, with all the questions of the Rona.  For instance, just throwing numbers out.  But say he gets a 5/$150.  But it's $10 million for this year, $35 million for each year after that?  If I was Bauer's agent, that's what I'd go for, in case we have a partial season again and that $10 million becomes $4 million, as opposed to $30 million becoming $18 million.  So does that mean that the Angels have -$30 million in cap space or -$10 million in actual payroll to spend?  

20 minutes ago, wopphil said:

As much as I’d love Bauer, I assume it would leave little cash for other moves. Would we be better off with Bauer and a Straley type, or Richards/Kluber/Quintana? 

The advantage with Bauer is that since it is likely a longer term deal, they could potentially defer some money to give them wiggle room in ‘21. 

They could theoretically keep him around $20m-$25m this season and while they don’t have a lot of space in the $37m or whatever they have to work with. 

It’s probably fantasy but I would like to see a signing of Bauer and a trade for Snell. We’d have to go pretty cheap at C, RP, and RF, but it’d be close to budget and would dramatically overhaul the rotation. Snell’s contract would work with Bauer and what’s in-house already. Musgrove would as well.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

1. Bauer
  2. Bundy
  3. Heaney
  4. Canning
  5. Barria

And as people have pointed out, all I think don't have options to be sent down.  The other question is how much.  This could very well be a back loaded contract, with all the questions of the Rona.  For instance, just throwing numbers out.  But say he gets a 5/$150.  But it's $10 million for this year, $35 million for each year after that?  If I was Bauer's agent, that's what I'd go for, in case we have a partial season again and that $10 million becomes $4 million, as opposed to $30 million becoming $18 million.  So does that mean that the Angels have -$30 million in cap space or -$10 million in actual payroll to spend?  

Agree with you on the dollars - I think that makes sense. This rotation is still a little thin, especially if anyone gets injured. But it isn’t that thin. If one more arm could be brought in, it might give us the needed depth. And of course if Ohtani is healthy, that just adds a new dimension altogether. 

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The advantage with Bauer is that since it is likely a longer term deal, they could potentially defer some money to give them wiggle room in ‘21. 

They could theoretically keep him around $20m-$25m this season and while they don’t have a lot of space in the $37m or whatever they have to work with. 

It’s probably fantasy but I would like to see a signing of Bauer and a trade for Snell. We’d have to go pretty cheap at C, RP, and RF, but it’d be close to budget and would dramatically overhaul the rotation.

And while Bauer will be costly, he is a good bet to stay healthy. Something that cannot be said about most other free agent options. 

A rotation of Bauer, Snell, Bundy, Heaney and Canning could be the best in baseball. And if Ohtani is healthy, that would be a WS caliber team. 

It would be tough, but another option to improve rotation and lineup is try to land both Lance Lynn and Joey Gallo. 

I think Lynn is due around $8m, and Gallo around $6m? 

Tough because it’s in-division and risky since there’s only three years of control between those two - and they have some question marks - but if it worked out your rotation, lineup, and defense is absolutely set. Only need a reliever or two plus a catcher.

22 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

1. Bauer
  2. Bundy
  3. Heaney
  4. Canning
  5. Barria

I would still add odorizzi and then imo we'd better set with ohtani as a wild card