• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! AngelsWin.com - Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

56 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

All I'm saying he's not signing with Angels. Only once has Artie gone over lux tax. Spending all that money Bauer when Angels need 2 starters plus bullpen help, a catcher and RF. Bauer wants to play for a contender, he likes the limelight. So I'm saying he signs with Mets or Dodgers. Bauer will use halos just like Cole did in jacking up his price. Angels not far off in AL west bring in pieces and with 30 to 35 mill they can get those pieces. 

So how does he use the Angels to drive up his price if the Angels won’t pay that kind of money?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is really, really gay. It's January 11th you fuckin attention whore. Sign with somebody.

🧸🥞👀

Nicely done @John Taylor  

Posted Images

Do we really need: 2 SP, a catcher, more bullpen help, and a RF? And, if so, what realistically will that cost?

We could make do at catcher with Stassi, Bemboom, and Graterol. I don't think anyone loves that, but it's doable. 

Whatever we do at RF can't clog it up for more than a season unless we're trading Adell and/or Marsh, so it needs to be a cheap fill-in. No reason you can't grab a Goodwin type off of waivers or stick with in house options. Joc, for instance, is a pipe dream.

In the bullpen, we have Iglesias, Mayers and Buttrey (hopefully the 2020 and 2019 versions of each) to anchor the pen. Claudio and a few others are around as well. Would love another legit arm. Not a need.

2 SP's. Want, not need.

So, no, we don't 'need' all those things. We could bring in improvements on any and most of those, but they aren't needs. The two most pressing would be catcher and RP, IMO. But between that option and bringing in a legit TOR arm (which I believe Bauer is - not everyone buys that, and that's understandable), it's an easy decision for me. 

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So how does he use the Angels to drive up his price if the Angels won’t pay that kind of money?

Has meetings with Angels, Dodgers,Mets and Blue Jays Agents create competition. Angels have to show interest for fan base plus who knows what price will be. I hope they do not get in bidding war for Bauer. Like I said Angels need bullpen help a catcher a RF and 2 starters. If they are smart spread the money around. Angels need a winning season make the playoffs fan base will get excited. Play meaningful games in September. 

9 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Do we really need: 2 SP, a catcher, more bullpen help, and a RF? And, if so, what realistically will that cost?

We could make do at catcher with Stassi, Bemboom, and Graterol. I don't think anyone loves that, but it's doable. 

Whatever we do at RF can't clog it up for more than a season unless we're trading Adell and/or Marsh, so it needs to be a cheap fill-in. No reason you can't grab a Goodwin type off of waivers or stick with in house options. Joc, for instance, is a pipe dream.

In the bullpen, we have Iglesias, Mayers and Buttrey (hopefully the 2020 and 2019 versions of each) to anchor the pen. Claudio and a few others are around as well. Would love another legit arm. Not a need.

2 SP's. Want, not need.

So, no, we don't 'need' all those things. We could bring in improvements on any and most of those, but they aren't needs. The two most pressing would be catcher and RP, IMO. But between that option and bringing in a legit TOR arm (which I believe Bauer is - not everyone buys that, and that's understandable), it's an easy decision for me. 

2020 and second half of 19 by Buttrey was horrible. Mayers had a great year any thing close to that would be great. You can go with those 3 at catcher but Stassi may not be ready to start season. Angels were in bidding for McCann so that tells me Minasian will upgrade add a catcher. Bullpen can put Sandoval, Pena and if not in rotation Barria. Maddon was saying 2 starters and I think that will happen. RF your right we already have Scott Scheblar as option. I feel 75% of teams will not be spending a lot this off season. Many pitching options bullpen and starters can be had cheap.

10 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Has meetings with Angels, Dodgers,Mets and Blue Jays Agents create competition. Angels have to show interest for fan base plus who knows what price will be. I hope they do not get in bidding war for Bauer. Like I said Angels need bullpen help a catcher a RF and 2 starters. If they are smart spread the money around. Angels need a winning season make the playoffs fan base will get excited. Play meaningful games in September. 

How have the Angels shown interest?  The fan base yes, but the Angels, publicly?  Not that I am aware of.  

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

How have the Angels shown interest?  The fan base yes, but the Angels, publicly?  Not that I am aware of.  

Your right maybe they have not but Bauer best  out there. Just makes sense they will or have checked in on him. Where they stand on a pursuit who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Your right maybe they have not but Bauer best  out there. Just makes sense they will or have checked in on him. Where they stand on a pursuit who knows. 

Why are you just making up information? 

You literally said 40 minutes ago that he "Has meetings with Angels." Then you just backtrack it.

The way you word your posts makes it sound like you know things for a fact and then you just say "who knows."

People put too much emphasis on what Maddon says. Him saying in an interview we could use two more starters is meaningless. Duh. Of course we'd like to add two more ideally. Will we? Depends on money. Looking at Barria in 2020, a second SP would be great, but he would probably be serviceable for 2021. 

Point I'm trying to make is, none of us know how much they're going to add. We don't know which spots Minasian feels like would be okay as is and which need a definite upgrade.

Even at catcher, their pursuit of McCann doesn't necessarily tell us they're going to grab someone else. All it tells us is they could upgrade at catcher and they had interest specifically in McCann. They also talked to Molina. Openness to upgrading and interest in specific guys =/= will upgrade at that position no matter what.

27 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Why are you just making up information? 

You literally said 40 minutes ago that he "Has meetings with Angels." Then you just backtrack it.

The way you word your posts makes it sound like you know things for a fact and then you just say "who knows."

Has meetings with Angels was how Bauer's agent will jack up price and try and cause a bidding war. 

6 hours ago, Hubs said:

You can state your opinion, but when you are so negative, and you post so often you trend towards trolldom.

Lol at "trolldom"

It's just his opinion, let it go.

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Lol at "trolldom"

It's just his opinion, let it go.

He’s just wrong all the time and he revels in it. I’d say he’s just a troll and stick him on ignore but he posts so often and in literally every thread with the same bs. Some of the older posters on here know that sometimes there’s a poster who just doesn’t jive with the rest of the board and that’s how I’m seeing this dude 

5 hours ago, Hubs said:

He’s just wrong all the time and he revels in it. I’d say he’s just a troll and stick him on ignore but he posts so often and in literally every thread with the same bs. Some of the older posters on here know that sometimes there’s a poster who just doesn’t jive with the rest of the board and that’s how I’m seeing this dude 

we're all or mostly all wrong all the time.  

it's the sheer repetition for the sole purpose of inciting a negative response.  

Holy Hell, Random Angels Guy!

Bauer calls a random Angels fan (not truly random, I'm sure he put in for this somehow) and asks him to make a pitch for Bauer to come to Anaheim.  The guy, surprisingly, makes a REALLY GOOD pitch.  Seriously, Arte needs to get this guy on retainer and have him do video calls with Sonny Gray, German Marquez, and any potential free agent signees.  Impressive... couldn't have done it better myself!