• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bring back Richards

Angels 1961

I’d like to bring Richards back.  Bring in as many good arms to compete for the spots in the rotation.  If you go out and sign Richards quickly, then you still try to acquire Bauer or Stroman.  Then if you don’t get one or the other you still have Richards that has really good stuff, but struggles to stay on the mound.  I believe Richards will still get a 2 year deal worth about $20 million.

No, it's time to move on.  If they are on a team that is succeeding more than we did with them, we have little reason to lure them back.

It's time to give up the past, including the uniforms, team needs a new identity.  I really don't care if you don't care.

The Dodgers are stealing our fans at this point, it's time for drastic measures.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’d like to bring Richards back.  Bring in as many good arms to compete for the spots in the rotation.  If you go out and sign Richards quickly, then you still try to acquire Bauer or Stroman.  Then if you don’t get one or the other you still have Richards that has really good stuff, but struggles to stay on the mound.  I believe Richards will still get a 2 year deal worth about $20 million.

If we do that I would suggest trading Barria Marsh/Adams/Adell as a centerpiece of another good arm.

I would like to see us pay Bauer.  As for the rest of the rotation, I want to see what Detmers, C. Rodriguez, Sandoval and Barria can do over a full season.  

I'm sure all of them can outpitch Teheran.  Richards could come in as a 4-5 starter candidate, and I would be OK with that, I think he could have a couple of good seasons left, working with Callaway and Maddon. 

46 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I would like to see us pay Bauer.  As for the rest of the rotation, I want to see what Detmers, C. Rodriguez, Sandoval and Barria can do over a full season.  

I'm sure all of them can outpitch Teheran.  Richards could come in as a 4-5 starter candidate, and I would be OK with that, I think he could have a couple of good seasons left, working with Callaway and Maddon. 

Do you not think clearly?  How many good pitchers do we have to shove aside before they build any confidence?  Why are we still rewarding players for success on other teams?  Richards is gone and it's time to move on.  Bauer is not coming here we can't afford him and it would make our roster the most bloated in baseball history.  So we can be the most expensive losers? I'm sure there's a reward for that.  The Dodgers will gladly give it up.

I'm not attacking you, but your idea.  Please explain how Bauer will repeat his performance here and how he will make us better as a whole?  And how that FA contract will look among an already bloated payroll.  Richards never earned his keep as an Angel and the window is shut, I'm sure he's happy as a clam playing for an exciting contender.

This is what is nice about message boards, Game 6.  You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine.  

I am merely stating that the player is a free agent, has local roots, and would fill an area of need for the team.  

If ownership wants to make that commitment, it is solely up to them.  All any of us do is purchase the product. 

20 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Richards 10 mil a year will be a steal. Like a few others have said, Our gm should offer Richards eithers 20 mil over 2 years or 30 mil over 3 years. 

This is a guy who will have earned a MLB pension by spending more time on the DL/IL than the active roster. And people are talking about giving him a multi year deal?  If anything, he is the guy who should have to earn his check, by giving him an incentive type deal. Especially when teams will probably be cutting payroll to compensate for the loss of revenue, due to Corona. To me, he is nothing more than a 33 year old prospect.

He has success in his time in San Diego, they signed him knowing he wouldn’t pitch much in 2019, therefore his rate wasn’t $7.5 it was $15. 

Other oft injured pitchers with his stuff make this kind of money in today’s market. You can say they don’t, but Eovaldi makes more, people fantasize about pickup Odorozzi for more all the time.

It might not take an AAV of $15 but those who think he’s getting 2/10, so do not understand the economics of baseball. Julio Teheran got $10, Matt Harvey got $10. I’d say 3 years minimum, and likely 12-15 per year.