• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let's say Dave Dombrowski becomes the next Angels GM

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Myself and Chuck liked the Teheran deal.  @Inside Pitchand Claude didn’t.  Congrats IP. 

Actually, Claude named him as one of the guys that he wanted -- an innings eater.   I didn't dislike it, I had mentioned him as a potential get when he was first non tendered.  I just believed he had red flags, the biggest being the drop in velocity..  I lumped him in with Bundy as a guy that needed to change his pitch selection in order to succeed because when he did throw his sinker he got elite level results.    Bundy and Teheran were essentially the same experiment with two very different results.

Anyway, I can't really claim to be right about anything other than he was going to be lit up unless he changed how he pitched.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I.....shut up IP, his numbers indicated a decline but not a complete Blantoning.

Tell you what I nailed with him -- I called the HR issues and questioned how that would translate into the AL.   I also pointed out he had been lit up in Interleague play for a long time.   BUT, like I said above, I believed there was a path towards success for him.  There still might be although who knows if a team will be willing to offer him the chance.  Maybe a KC or someone like that.  Boston might too.

46 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think Bundy was a false positive and next season he returns to being his career stats.

I think he will give up more hits, he was riding some BaBIP luck early on this year, but he pretty much pitched to his peripherals.   It all comes down to whether or not he reverts to the old Bundy and starts piping 93 MPH FBs down the middle.   

24 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Actually, Claude named him as one of the guys that he wanted -- an innings eater.   I didn't dislike it, I had mentioned him as a potential get when he was first non tendered.  I just believed he had red flags, the biggest being the drop in velocity..  I lumped him in with Bundy as a guy that needed to change his pitch selection in order to succeed because when he did throw his sinker he got elite level results.    Bundy and Teheran were essentially the same experiment with two very different results.

Anyway, I can't really claim to be right about anything other than he was going to be lit up unless he changed how he pitched.

I guess I only remember the Claude narrative that something must be wrong with him because he was left off the Braves post season roster and then “released him”

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I guess I only remember the Claude narrative that something must be wrong with him because he was left off the Braves post season roster and then “released him”

Yes, that narrative change when his narrative shifted from that to "we dont need Cole we need multiple innings eaters".   

And this classic.

32 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think he will give up more hits, he was riding some BaBIP luck early on this year, but he pretty much pitched to his peripherals.   It all comes down to whether or not he reverts to the old Bundy and starts piping 93 MPH FD down the middle.   

Bundy should still have a #3 starter like season in 2021, assuming he sticks to this season’s pitch repetoire.