• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where does Te'o fall in the draft?

The long, bizarre trip of Manti Te'o has continued through the NFL Combine. He is small for an NFL linebacker, and he came into the combine about 15 pounds lighter than his playing weight. Although this was allegedly to improve his 40 yard dash time, he ran the 40 almost a half second slower than he projected to scouts. Nothing he did at the combine opened any eyes - although it may have caused a number of them to roll.

His athletic ability may be as imaginary as his girlfriend. He may go from Heisman runner up to undrafted.

I think someone will over reach for him and take him rd 1.  The imaginary GF and combine aside the title game showed that he was vastly overrated.  That's not to say he can't improve but being hyped as one of the top players in college football he was exposed as being slow and weak against real competition which is what he'll face in the NFL day in and day out.   

Late 1st Early 2nd round. 

This guy is a football player.

yes he played a terrible NCG and some say his Stanford game was marginal as well. They bring those games up because those lineman he faced that game are almost all NFL caliber offensive lineman. He really developed his pass coverage this season in which he had 7 int i believe which is a ton for a linebacker. So that right there means he can be a 3 down linebacker which is huge when most offenses are more spread out and like to throw the ball now. 

Is he worth that pick? to me no, but I remember Vontaze Burfict I  believe ran a 5.0+ 40 at the combine and showed up overweight. He signed with the Bengals and lead the team in tackles this past season. 

Teo has time to increase his numbers. 

...he was exposed as being slow and weak against real competition which is what he'll face in the NFL day in and day out.   

Exactly my point. He played for a team who can hand pick their entire schedule - except for the final game. When they make it to a BCS bowl they are usually exposed as grossly overrated. His draft stock has plummeted, IMO.

I think he a real good fit for Balt.

If they pass on him, he could drop all the way to the 3rd day. Someone will grab him early in the 4th for sure, though. Teams like to make their take a chance picks early in the 4th.