• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrelton Simmons opts out of the remainder of the season (Angels recall Elliot Soto)

mmc

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok, that can go both ways as well.  So he walked away knowing how it could have been perceived right before free agency?  When something is out of character for a person, you should at least understand there are things we don’t know.  This is a guy that has come back from injuries very quickly to get back on the field to compete.  He opted out with 5 games to go.  The thought that he quit because he was mad at not getting an extension or because he was afraid of injury, goes against everything else he has shown in his 5 years here.   Remember, we had people here that were pissed that Trout took an extra day off to spend with his new born.  What it comes down to is we have irrational fans that like to project.  

he HAD to play to let people know he was healthy again.  He did that and punted. 
See it how you will, i see it as selfish 

Just now, floplag said:

he HAD to play to let people know he was healthy again.  He did that and punted. 
See it how you will, i see it as selfish 

Yep, and I see that opinion as projecting or jealousy.  If a guy does something completely out of character then there is probably a more complicated reason.

19 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yep, and I see that opinion as projecting or jealousy.  If a guy does something completely out of character then there is probably a more complicated reason.

And i see that response as arrogant and dismissive... do you know him personally or did i miss something in all this? 

55 minutes ago, floplag said:

And i see that response as arrogant and dismissive... do you know him personally or did i miss something in all this? 

No, but I can say it until I am blue in the face, when a player does something completely out of character he deserves the benefit of the doubt.  It is also arrogant to think you have enough facts to think he simply quit on his team.  

• 4 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 11:47 AM, Blarg said:

Guys, sometimes these decisions supersede your level of fandom. Back away from the keyboards and try to respect the decision of a player that has worked his ass off the last couple years to recover from various injuries as fast as possible to return to the team, even when it was sure the season wouldn't amount to anything. 

His commitment was 100% every day of his tenure. Obviously he decided that he couldn't continue for personal reasons so just respect that and move on with it. 

Or be complete jackasses and believe you know what his life is like outside of the box score. 

I agree

On 9/23/2020 at 5:16 AM, Gooch said:

Thanks Andrelton for showing your true colors !  You are a QUITTER !!!  Once you relized that Billy Eppler would not be returning and that the angels would

not be wasting their money on a broken down horse you threw in the towel. What a great example you are for children. You failed yourself, your family, your team mates, and true Angel fans. Arte please tear down his poster on the front of the stadium TODAY !!!  David Flethcer is the future and a much better player

than you !   I have never seen a more selfish act than the one you just pulled. You are truely the complete opposite of a guy like Kole Cahoun who will always be cheered by the fans. Angel fans we are so much better off with this loser, quitter, and complete failure gone !!!!!!!

Best Regards,

The Gooch !

Anyone seen The Gooch lately?