• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrelton Simmons opts out of the remainder of the season (Angels recall Elliot Soto)

mmc

1 hour ago, The_Outrunner said:

since he made 15mill this season, do you think the Angels are going to offer him the QO? 

If the Angels offered the QO and he didn’t accept, that would be a pretty good indication I was wrong and he didn’t opt out for personal/family reasons.  

12 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Totally tank. I don't think you've actually seen a Winnie the Pooh episode in a while so I am not sure you know who Eeyore is. Where am I saying woo is me? I am simply stating facts. It's not a good look no matter how you slice it. Hope it works out for him in free agency and with his next time. I don't like quitting on your teammates. I wouldn't like it if someone quit in the 3rd period in hockey and just left the game and I don't like it leaving the team with 5 games left to play. You can disagree. But no where am I wishing Simmons ill will and no where am I feeling sorry for him or myself. 

well i'm glad you know every part of his situation so that you can conclude this. I'm sure there are no other extenuating details for the rest of us to know. 

you've assumed it's ONLY option A while there could be options B, C, or D of which he hasn't told the public. That's what I object to here.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

well i'm glad you know every part of his situation so that you can conclude this. I'm sure there are no other extenuating details for the rest of us to know. 

you've assumed it's ONLY option A while there could be options B, C, or D of which he hasn't told the public. That's what I object to here.

😂 sure everyone is making assumptions on everything. No one has inside information until that information comes out. With the information we do have the assumption I’m making is because of free agency. Youre taking the opposite approach and making an assumption it could be something else. Now go watch Winnie the Pooh so you know who Eeyore is. 

2 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

I read that all teams still in playoff contention had to go back into quarantine this week and isolate in hotels, even at home.

The Angels are mathematically still alive so they needed to do this. Really stupid if MLB forced the issue here but if they did these could be the "personal reasons" behind the decision Simmons made to opt out.

Yep.  

Given all the financial uncertainty in baseball right now, why would you burn your bridges with your current team?  I just can’t see Simmons not taking a pay cut and getting no more than 2 years on a deal. 

Many teams have good situations with shortstops right now, and he’s competing with other FA shortstops, so realistic openings are going to be limited.   Why eliminate your current team as a fall back option?

I just think it’s a bad business decision.  

2 hours ago, The_Outrunner said:

since he made 15mill this season, do you think the Angels are going to offer him the QO? 

I don’t believe they will. It would not surprise me if Simmons’ agent attempted to extend his deal and the team declined because they feel that Fletcher could fill the void. Arte is and always has been a fan of the long ball. Simmons doesn’t fit that criteria. 

52 minutes ago, floplag said:

Honestly, if that was his driving concern, why play the season at all?
He played enough to show hes healthy and still productive then quite to not risk the payday.
Its bad faith as far as im concerned. 

What?  So in the last several months your comfort level has been exactly the same?  Also, like was reported he was now going to be asked to be quarantined.  So that is different than it was before.  

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What?  So in the last several months your comfort level has been exactly the same?  Also, like was reported he was now going to be asked to be quarantined.  So that is different than it was before.  

Quarantined for about five or six days with his teammates. How appalling. Oh does that mean that they’re put in nice luxury suites and get 24 hour unlimited room service at their disposal. Tough life indeed. 

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

For me my comfort level with Covid started out not great, but the more and more information that we've gotten I have been more at ease with what's going on. I feel the risk on myself and the people around me is lower than what originally came out about this covid. The average age death is somewhere around 75. Has your comfort level been exactly the same or has it worsened?

43 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

For me my comfort level with Covid started out not great, but the more and more information that we've gotten I have been more at ease with what's going on. I feel the risk on myself and the people around me is lower than what originally came out about this covid. The average age death is somewhere around 75. Has your comfort level been exactly the same or has it worsened?

My comfort level has been up and down.